• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tikal Beta finally out! Now for the real thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally having enough time in my busy life, I decided to start working on the Tikal wad that I was thinking about. Before I begin the show-and-tell, so to speak, I have a couple of things I would like to state:

1. I am no artist. While I strive to be close to perfect, I know I'm not.
2. This is an early-stage alpha. This is not "what you see is what you're getting". Even I am willing to admit it doesn't look excellent.
3. I am open to any reasonable suggestion.
4. These are knuckles standing sprites. As I said, this is an alpha, and I'm not quite the best at drawing dreads.
5. I am aware that she looks a little more flashy than the real Tikal. I did this for a reason.

Now, without further ado, Here is the proof:
Download link below...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mwyatjiimnj

Excellent work, I feel that this WAD is worthy of existance, the editing is heavy enough to deny "No recolors, GTFO of our board.", and if I may make a suggestion on how to do this, I would reccomend going to the old releases and digging up nitro's hated Knux wad. If you realign the sprites and lower the width of the outlines, you could make Tikal somewhat half-way awesome after you edit it. I grant you my Stamp of Approval:
iapproveofbysrb2master1tk3.jpg

Upload PNG instead of BMP, otherwise your images get butchered, and with sprites it's generally not a good idea to have them butchered by the conversion from BMP to JPG. :<

Chaos Knux said:
Excellent work, I feel that this WAD is worthy of existance, the editing is heavy enough to deny "No recolors, GTFO of our board.", and if I may make a suggestion on how to do this, I would reccomend going to the old releases and digging up nitro's hated Knux wad. If you realign the sprites and lower the width of the outlines, you could make Tikal somewhat half-way awesome after you edit it. I grant you my Stamp of Approval:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1336/iapproveofbysrb2master1tk3.jpg

Why, thank you. I was actually planning on that. I even asked nitro if he minded. I might end up using his walking frames since that's how it looks when she walks/runs.

EDIT: Sorry, Cue. I'll try to fix that.

Uhm, no. Those edits are rediculously ugly. They lack depth and shading and they're jpg.
Tikal is more of an amy edit than a knux edit anyways.

Umm, yea, I did say that it's just an alpha. And I also don't think I should be using a hegdehog to make an echidna. That's illogical to me. Furthermore, if you don't like the shading, tell me how to improve it. That's why I made the topic.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Uhm, no. Those edits are rediculously ugly. They lack depth and shading and they're jpg.
Tikal is more of an amy edit than a knux edit anyways.
Lighten up will ya? It's better than a ton of other edits.

Anyways, sharpen up the details and outlines of the sprites, add some shading to the white parts. Retrace over EVERYTHING (Like the eyes, snout, nose, and hands.) so that the sprites look natural.

zck2020 said:
sharpen up the details and outlines of the sprites, add some shading to the white parts. Retrace over EVERYTHING (Like the eyes, snout, nose, and hands.) so that the sprites look natural.

Now this is the stuff I'm looking for. I actually thought about changing the eyes. I tried to make them like they usually are: wide and crossed. But when you say "retrace" do you mean with black or what?

Hyper Shadic X said:
Huh, I think this might turn up pretty nicely.

Question: Would she be medium or slow?

She'll be the same speed as knuckles. But she'll glide faster than him. She's a bit of a happy medium between knuckles and rouge in SA2B, so I figured I'd make her that way.

EDIT: Does somebody know how to erase a mistake? I made one and accidentally saved it and now IT WON'T GO AWAY!!!!! XC

You'll have to redraw the mistake. And when I say retrace, I mean go over it with your own lines so it doesn't look fugly.

Knuckles edit with no shading on some parts and the wrong gloves? I can see I'm more skeptical than most people here.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
And I also don't think I should be using a hegdehog to make an echidna. That's illogical to me.
Lies I sez!11!11!! *bricked* Seriously, if I could edit Sonic into Blaze the cat and nitro could edit Amy into Rouge the bat, editing Amy into an echidna shouldn't be an 'illogical'. :P
I decided to try spriting Tikal, (which is actually the name of one of the largest ancient Mayain cities, btw. :P) and she's not easy to draw at all, so I edited one of my Amy sprites into Tikal. My sprite needs more work, but you could use it as a reference or just go with sprite, I don't care what you do with it. :P
TIKLA1.png

...and a picture of Tikal that I used for reference.
tikalSA.jpg

Dr.Pepper said:
Angelus_the_echidna said:
And I also don't think I should be using a hegdehog to make an echidna. That's illogical to me.
Lies I sez!11!11!! *bricked* Seriously, if I could edit Sonic into Blaze the cat and nitro could edit Amy into Rouge the bat, editing Amy into an echidna shouldn't be an 'illogical'. :P
I decided to try spriting Tikal, (which is actually the name of one of the largest ancient Mayain cities, btw. :P) and she's not easy to draw at all, so I edited one of my Amy sprites into Tikal. My sprite needs more work, but you could use it as a reference or just go with sprite, I don't care what you do with it. :P
...and a picture of Tikal that I used for reference.
tikalSA.jpg

Alright, I'll give it a shot this weekend. I'm too busy today. But how would I get rid of amy's ears?
Wait a minute! shouldn't you be taking that well-deserved break of yours??

That's quite the understatement. Dr. Pepper's sprite art abilities are second to none. Quite possibly one of the greatest.

I just came to find Dr. P and Nitro are right. Editing from amy looks a lot better than from knuckles. But it seems so awful to waste my progress.

I has an idea! I'll finish up with the amy version of the sprites, and after that I'll post them both and see who likes which better! That'll work, right? Either way, give me a few days. I just got assigned an essay that is 3 pages long (and it's on a book I HAAAAATE!!!!!!!! *throws Lord Of The Flies in a fire*) So yea, I'll do what I can this weekend and hopefully it'll hit the forums by Monday.

No!!! An excellent piece of literature, gone!!!

But yes, it looks better. Besides, Knuckles edits aren't a good idea, for as we all know, Knuckles doesn't look too good when he's not standing or dying.

Uber Shell said:
No!!! An excellent piece of literature, gone!!!

Wow. You actually liked that book? Amazing. But then again, when you've heard the "true philosophy" behind it (note that I type/say that with all possible sarcasm), it does tend to turn you away from a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back