Ban System Revamp and Rules Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST. DROP. IT. I-
*THIS MESSAGE HAS BBEN CENSORED BY UBER SHELL. IT IS A RANT THAT INVOLVES FOUL LANGUAGE. PLEASE WAIT...
...HE IS ALMOST DONE. WE NOW BRING YOU UBER SHELL
-and who would even use a cucumber for something like that!?

Anyway, topic time.

Haha, you're talking about it more than I am. I was just posting to give you the heads up.

It's perfectly legal to own a ROM of a game as long as you own the original, since it's pretty much making a backup of it just in case, see here for more information.

It's illegal unless you, personally, made the backup. That's basically the bottom line.

How did we get on this topic, exactly...?

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Laws against ROMs are NOT foolish. What are you thinking?
No, but 75+ years for a copyright to expire is. Also, without ROMs, you wouldn't have things like Sonic 1 Megamix, or half the sounds in SRB2. And clearly a lot of the bigger gaming companies don't care about ROM distribution for anything but current-gen stuff. Else you'd have to look really hard to find them. And they aren't that difficult to find.

I am about to split this thread to the trash if this ROM topic doesn't stop now. Let's use this topic for what it is meant for: Discussion about the forum rules. Make your own thread if you want to discuss this although it isn't a good idea anyways.

Very very impressive. Of all the admins I've seen on the internet, the ones here at the Srb2 mb are the best.

Lets give a big *woot* to Mystic.

Woot! Anyways I quite like the new forum rules. They will keep my 11 year old brother away! Lol. Good to see there are proper admins and moderators here unlike some forums I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back