SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
Yes, In my old mod, I had a look at my old levels. The designs were uber - crap in my words :P and I thought "I must do something about this". This is when this idea came in my head.

I'm making a new mod called SRB2: Chaos Twilight. It continues from Chaos Adventures mod, and has some major design differences. This is What's done in beta 1.

.Some scripts. Yep, finally learned how to :/.
.Different emerald sprites.
.1st world for now (Green Peaks). Act 1 is a bit shortish, but taking my time, and reading the wiki, I've done the best as I can to make the 1st release alright.

Time to show you a screenshot of Green Peaks act 1 beginning.

The game data e.g. emblems vice versa hasn't been made yet, and probally won't be in the mod for quite some time since this is the first release, and there's a few things I'm sorting out at the moment.

New Update! 10/02/08

Beta 2 is out now. Sorry it took some time, but I focused on this for a long time, and made 3 new levels to show off to you guys. This is what is done at the moment.

.New item box art is done (Sonic 3 boxes) Note: THIS is my idea.
.New Chaos emerald designs are in the mod. 2 new colours are in it, Dark orange, and Light bronze (well the bronze one will change to purple once I find the right palette for this last emerald)
.Mineral Valley (World 2) with 3 acts is added into the mod making it to 6 levels.
.Most Bug fixes have been done. If you see any that I've missed, please let me know!

I thank everyone so much at the moment who's played, tested, and supported this mod so far, and also for being patient :).

5/03/08

Beta 3 is out now :D.

Yep, the new beta is out now. There are quite a few things which have been changed from the last beta, this is what is done.

.Time Attack data has been added
.Emblem data added.
.A new 3 act stage is available. Magma Cavern Zone version 1.
.A few multiplayer maps added.

What's coming to Beta 4?
.Icy City (World 4) is started being in production for the next beta.
.a secret stage is being added.
.Unlockables being added (I didn't quite make it this time, Sorry guys)

Credits & thanks to all the beta testers below.

.Darksonic
.Rubbish
.Goober
.Csmgiw
.Light the elementa
.Champman08
.Brawl
.Chrome The Hedgehog
.SRB2WikiSonicMaster
.Monster Iestyn
.And other people which I haven't mentioned which are mentioned in XWE. Although I'll fix the list on there when the next beta comes out.

New Update! 31/3/08

Whew, it's still going :). Icy City is now completed for the time & being, and I also done some things on the list below.

.Parts of Green Peaks were edited. Some of the crampness should be gone, and some of the water bobbing control sectors have been fixed.
Also more scenery is added.

.Magma Cavern act 1's lava height has been toned down a bit, also, the floating platforms in that area have been lowered a bit so that it's easier for players to access it.

.Icy city(world 4) is now added to the mod. Please have a look to see what's good, and not so good.

.Changed the emerald sprites, and changed the master emerald sprite.

.A new secret stage is added, but can only be accessed by console command. Go look for the map number in Doom builder since I'm not spoiling it =/

.The first unlockable is added.

Again, thanks for playing and supporting this mod. Much appreciated :)

Coming up for Beta 5

.World 5, which is Chemical Factory, is now in production, and should be in .the next release.

.Green Peaks act 1 *may* get a revamp, not sure yet.

.Special stages may be added as an unlockable.

Now for the new link.

New Update! 5/05/08

Well, this mod has come quite a way. Almost 5 months in production. Anyways, here it is. Beta 5 is here. The new things which have arrived on this beta are.

.Metal Mechanism's all 3 acts are now on this mod. Act 1 has some tweaks to it.

.Green Peaks hasn't been revamped, but has had a secret added in.

. One of the secret zones has been revamped, and another secret zone has been added. I'm not spoiling it. Go look at DB if you want to badly look at it.

.Mineral Valley's Colormaps have been added in.

Coming To Beta 6.

.Sand Kingdom Zone (World 6) will be in production shortly.

.Hopefully add the special stages in. I forgot about them so I may add them in the next beta. Sorry for inconvinience.

.I *might* try and pull a 2D level off. If it works, I'll add it as an unlockable. 'm only learning at the moment.

Beta 6 released. 04/08/08

Wow, I can't believe I'm almost at the final part of making my mod, but it's been awesome. with 7 months spent on the project, it has come far, and has got quite a few fans out there. Well here we go, because it's out now! =D

This is what I have done this beta

-Revamped 2 boss stages. That's Mineral Valley's & Metal Mechanism's
-Added Arid Oasis as an unlockable
-Added Special stages as an unlockable
-Sand Kingdom Zone (World 6) is completed
-Orange spring, and 2 custom scenery objects completed
-Removed all the crappy multiplayer stages except Metal Base
-Hard mode emerald locations have been added except Icy City & Metal Mechanism.

What is coming up in Version 1 (Yes now it comes into versions :P)

-Galaxy Fortress (World 7) will be in production shortly.
-The secret zone will also be in progress.
-More custom scenery objects will be made.
-Icy City & Metal Mechanism's emerald locations on hard difficulty will be added.

I'v been pretty evil on this one. Since the stages feel a bit shortish, I decided to put no climb on some of the walls so some of the cheating Knuckles players can't climb those walls >=P

15/11/08

Oh my god... I got this finished! =D, well not permanently, I got all the levels done, and I can't believe it. A few new levels are added, and some scenery, and OpenGL lights have been updated. Well here it is, let's go to the mod. Thank you for all the help in the past 10 - 11 months. I appreciate it. But I will be doing updates occassionaly.

04/04/09

Happy Easter guys, a new release is now on the loose! quite a bit of cleaning up has been done as well as 1 new match level & 1 new CTF level have been added into the pack. Star Fox fans would like Galaxy fort's new music, and emblems have also been added on there as well. Magma Cavern has had a complete revamp which is the main highlight of the release, and some death pits have been removed, and vice versa, along with level select should be working properly now.

What's coming up for V3?

-More Multiplayer maps.
-Icy City will have more of a tidy up, or bits revamped.
-Chaos Twilight Zone & Alter Path Zone may get a bit of a clean up. I didn't do it this release due to other stuff happening.
-Some bonus levels may be made & launched into the pack.
-Maybe some surprises to add into the pack.

28/04/09

Fixed V2 which had some big problems. The levels themselves are much bigger than they used to be now so players can easily move. The spring problem in Galaxy Fort act 2 is not sorted out, making it easier to complete in that part. This is just a fix release, as other stuff will be done when V3 comes out, which may not be until after the release of SE/ME, wtf it's called. FFH is messing up again, so it's MU for you guys until it bucks up again.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0D7ZUOAO

Alright first thing first
1.one of or death pits in act 2 was coulds.
2.like Drox said one of the paths look incomplete.
3.That is it so I give this demo a...3/5.

mikesword221 said:
Alright first thing first
1.one of or death pits in act 2 was coulds.
2.like Drox said one of the paths look incomplete.
3.That is it so I give this demo a...3/5.

1. Yes The pits in the inside are pit textures, the ones in the outside are clouds, but I think I kinda put the wrong pit flat at the end of the beta version of the level.

2. This is a gimmick/route. I've almost finished with that.

3. Thanks for feedback so far.

@Chaos: I only have one at the moment. As I get more progress done, I'll get more screenshots.

Wow, I expected nothing and got three decent zones! :D
After the first time playing through it I could say that I liked everything I saw except for two things in the second zone:

1. This path in the very beginning leads into a dead end
srb20003xz5.png

I like the way you put in the scenery. Those lily pads in the second zone were a good idea. Keep up the good work.
^___^

1. In my next bug fix release, that path has something near one of the statues.

2. I suppose I could try and make them bigger, I keep falling off killing myself sometimes because I always missed a platform if I go too fast >.>

But thanks for your review ^_^

HYPERKNUX, I'll review this, okay?

Green Peaks Act 1:
Not as easy as Act 1s are, but that ain't a flaw.
Preety good texture choices, but there are too
many death pits. Anyways, 8/10.

Green Peaks Act 2:
Sorta hard, but it's good. Also, there is a AFALL1
on the walls. And, YAY!!! You made lillypads!
Sweet, 9/10.

Green Peaks Act 3:
It's a boss fight, 8/10.

EDIT: Deleted the review of Chaos Adventures, and the multiple colors (HYPERKNUX said it hurted his eyes).

Try not to change the text colours. Some hurt my eyes >.>

Why are you reviewing Chaos Adventures?, that's the canned crappy mod. I'm only interested in this mod's Reviews.

Oh yes, the AFALL in act 2 I've fixed, but I'm doing some stuff for the next release. There's not "too" many death pits in GPZ act 1, that's a fair amount. Thanks for your review though.

Oh yes, guys I'll show you another screenshot. This time the world 2 in progress. Yes, the Single player Version of Mineral Valley :D

However if I do add the multiplayer version. It will be called Mineral Valley KOTH so that people don't get confused.

HYPERKNUX, I deleted the multiple colors and the Chaos Adventures review. Mineral Valley Singleplayer is very interesting and looks fun! Good luck, HYPERKNUX!

Nothing bad to say, although I can't say anything good either. Kept going around in circles, "floor here will kill you, try to avoid it," etc.

Some technical things that annoyed me:

When you have bobbing platforms, assign them each a different FOF linedef. In their current configuration, if you hit one platform, all of the ones in the same sector bob, when only the one you land on should bob.

Your sector borders. You need to pick to either make all of them have a grassy edge, or none of them. It was just inconsistent throughout.

Non-technical suggestions later when I get the chance.

BlueZero4 said:
Nothing bad to say, although I can't say anything good either. Kept going around in circles, "floor here will kill you, try to avoid it," etc.

There's only 1 of them I forgot to remove the death pit tags on. That's on the end of Green Peaks act 1.

@Jazz: Most of the outside areas have grassy edges, again I missed a few bits out. I can easily fix it in no time. Also In the next release, the bobbing tags should be seperate, I was experimenting with a few things, but obviously it didn't work seperately.

Jacklekku: Not bad, I'm focusing on MVZ act 1 at this minute, whilst doing the occasional bug fixing on Green Peaks.

1st picture: Thanks for spotting that. I'll get to that when I've done my bugfix checks for Beta 2 coming out soon.

2nd picture: That's a secret for Tails, not telling you the rest :P. And it's possible to get to it without Noclip with a bustable block.

Sorry to bump, but I have a announcement to make.

Beta 2 of Chaos Twilight is out now!. Check it out, new link is there, and read the updates and upcoming stuff :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back