LEGO Bionicle 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelie

Meerkat from outer space
To all you building enthusiasts out there, it's time to reorganize your shelves, boot up your Cryoshell albums and head over to here for a sneak peak of 6 recurring characters of a classic franchise from our childhoods.

Now, I actually came over this by pure accident by searching for some songs to add into my playlist and thought of something more.. nostalgic. It was there on various Cryoshell videos I noticed chatter in the comments that got me intrigued and made me take a curious peak on the LEGO website which I haven't visited for years. I also knew that many people knew of this (MI even made random parodies) and decided to share. But I still want to know..

Did somebody actually see this coming (back)?

Personally I find it hard to be excited about Bionicle coming back, even given it's been part of my own childhood; even back before it was discontinued previously it already felt a dead horse by the end. Last cool thing I remember from it was whatever generation the Piraka were from (I lost track of those things), that Bionicle Heroes game was fab.

On a slightly unrelated note, ever notice how complex and/or specially crafted the designs of Bionicle characters are these days? Every character on the page seems to have realistic appearances and full-body armour with colored markings even! ...Compare that to the original sets of early 2000s, where they still were half-built of (and somewhat looked like too) standard LEGO Technic pieces, with fairly simple and bare-bones designs. But they worked at least!

Still, the fact that the LEGO Company is bringing back one of my favorite series brings a tear of joy to my eyes. I remember absolutely loving the series when I was younger, and being quite disappointed at how the BIONICLE Stars line was just smaller versions of old characters. I thought that was a terrible way for such a fantastic saga to end. I'm curious though as to what direction the lore will take, but I'm certain that strange-looking gold mask that keeps on showing up in pictures related to this will play a central role in the plot.

I can't say I really care. I lost interest after they started Metru Nui.

Even so, I loved it as a kid- and I have the original six Toa displayed on a shelf right now. So it's not like I don't care completely, but I love it more out of nostalgia than what it actually is, or will be.

Well, I just nostalgiagasmed. I don't think I'll see myself buying these though, especially since I lost interest after whenever the Toa Inika came out. Still, I'm kinda glad that LEGO's bringing this back, if only out of pure nostalgia.

Nostalgically, I am surpised that they are bringing it back; however, being a college student now, have moved on a long time ago. I also lost track after the Toa Inika IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back