SRB2Linux: C-Fail shortly after joining a server (64-bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther

Limitless.
So after a couple of hours of a hot-and-bothering scuffle with UEFI and secure boot, I managed to install 64-bit Arch Linux onto my system. After pulling the base together, I decided to install SRB2 using the PKGBUILD from the AUR website. It compiles and runs with no apparent problems, but when I try to join any server, I stick around for so long as to say 'hi', before getting a 'consistency failure' thrown back at me. After several attempts of trying to join different servers, I noticed that the c-fail happens instantly after the invincibility icon stops blinking.

As you may have already guessed, I am also not a very big fan of using WINE. Even when I try to do so, I get flooded this error when running SRB2 in wine (wine-1.6-rc4), as well as the player being invisible.
Code:
Warning: Mobj of type 0 with invalid sprite frame (0/0) of PLAY detected and removed.
So, why is the issue happening? Has anybody else had this problem and will I be able to fix it?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, than this is a long running bug that occurs when a Linux version of the game attempts to connect to a host using a Windows version. Hopefully this will get fixed in the next release and as for WINE, version 1.5 and prior are currently in better standing than 1.6. Also, if your using WINE, you may have to configure iptables too.

Thanks. I'll try running it in 1.5 now.

EDIT: Okay, so 1.5.29 stable threw the exact same error.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but i'm using PlayOnLinux to organise WINE versions.

As for 1.5.0 and 1.4, they give this:
Code:
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
fixme:d3d_caps:wined3d_guess_card No card selector available for GL vendor 0x4 and card vendor 0000 (using GL_RENDERER "Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.2, 128 bits)").
signal_handler() error: segment violation
For some reason, I feel that this is more likely to be some work that needs doing on my part.

EDIT: I installed lib32-intel-dri, put it together with wine 1.4 and now all is well! Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back