Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning-Fox

Does not approve of rails.
God I feel like a noob.
Anyway, no, this is not asking how to port forward. I know exactly how to do so. It's just some weird issue that I'm having. When I host directly upon starting SRB2 up, I look on the MS, and the server shows up as "Unreachable". However, when I try to join a game, then go back to the menu, host, and then check the MS, it comes up with a decent ping and people can actually join. Now, after about a few minutes, the server "locks" up. As in no-one can join. Everyone in the server BEFORE this doesn't get disconnected, and can play normally. It's like a gate closes all of a sudden if you get the idea.

Yes I know I'm a total idiot for asking this, blah blah, but can anyone help me out? @_@

(Please say this is in the right section too. If not sorry. T_T)

I have noticed the same thing when I leave it alone. But if I move my avatar for a good five minutes, it works... It might just be the net code.

Well everything seems to have sorted itself. I can host perfectly fine now (Mainly thanks to Ki) The only issue that I have is people get C-Kicked every so often. Like, in ridiculous quantities. It just so happens that everyone in the server can get kicked due to C-Fail. Is there any way to fix this?

You should try the console command, "blamecfail," and if it still c-fails, try raising the consistency protection in server options.

Note: This may cause some lag in your server.

if it still c-fails, try raising the consistency protection in server options..

I'm going to try the first part once, but the command doesn't sound like it exists.
Doesn't raising consistency protection increase the strictness of... well consistency? So people would get kicked even more. @_@

Depends which way you go with it. Your default is at ten. If you raise it to twenty, it will prevent c-fails as long as blamecfail is on. If you set it to one, then you WILL have a bunch of c-fails.

Isn't the consistency protection command broken? I remember hearing that it's broken to where the values mean nothing: it's either on or off.

It's working perfectly fine now, only get C-Fails in very small amounts and it kind of spams when it's going to happen, so I know and stuff. At least it isn't the whole server going anymore. Thanks anyway, it worked. This topic can get locked now I guess.

It's working perfectly fine now, only get C-Fails in very small amounts and it kind of spams when it's going to happen, so I know and stuff. At least it isn't the whole server going anymore. Thanks anyway, it worked. This topic can get locked now I guess.

Happy to help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back