I hesitate to ask this, but can someone rip this sound, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Yeah, I'm not sure it's proper to ask something like this on the MB, but I'm so desperate I'll try anything.

There's a sound effect in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga that would be perfect for the video game I'm creating. The problem is that nobody has ever bothered to rip it and put it online. If anyone has the time and tools to help me out with this, I'll provide credit in my game.

What is this sound, you might ask?

Well, it's kind of hard to describe, but I'll do my best. It's essentially the "Challenge Cleared!" sound. The sound consists of two beeps, and sounds sort of like "dee-dee". For those of you who are musically inclined, here's my depiction of the melody:

de0ahs.png

Oh, and here's a YouTube video with the sound effect in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJlayrkq_I

You'll hear the desired sound effect 2 minutes and 39 seconds into the video.

I am begging the people who can rip this to do so on bended knee. And, once again, I will credit you if you help me.

Last edited:
I know this is a staff and a treble clef, but I have no idea what that other note is. :p I'm still learning this.
Sorry, can't help you.

Two quarter notes. I think.

Do you have a video of the end music? You could shorten it up and turn it into an MP3/OGG/Midi.

Was I right? Well some people don't know this stuff because their education doesn't include music. Or it includes not enough information.

Edit: OH! I totally messed up. *smacks self
Edit2: I'm learning this in general music too. X_X

It's okay, I've been able to read basic sheet music since I was 7, so it wasn't really that hard. Not everyone can read it. Hell, my dad can barely read sheet music that well, and he's been playing piano for two decades, not to mention he's fantastic at it.

This good enough? I didn't rip it, I just redid it in fruity loops real quick. Which is why it doesn't sound the same.

Very, very close...if possible, though, could you make the first note slightly longer? Then, it would be PERFECT for my game.

You know, there's one other thing. MasterJace, could you try lengthening the first note even a little more, and reducing the echo a little bit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back