• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Miscellaneous things that Sphere wastes his time on

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphere

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Hi, I make things sometimes! For example, ports of existing Sonic levels!
mushroomhill1.png

labyrinth1.png

But that's not all I do, nooooo, I also make original content!
forestfortress1.png

srb20192.png

srb20225.png

And last but not least, a couple of gifs!
srb20049.gif

srb20052.gif

That's all for now, stay tuned for more!

disclaimer: whether I post things in this thread or not depends on how much I get done that's worth showing, simple as that
disclaimer 2: everything I post in this thread will most likely see very slow progress, or more likely, will never be finished. don't beg me to finish something because that will give me less motivation to work on it :)

Last edited:
Nev3r, I thought alt-account abuse was against the rules, you shouldn't be doing this.

That whirlwind shield jump is actually really damn clever level design. Good job.

Do you mind sharing on how you did that? My curiosity peaks.

He simply made an animated wall texture and an animated flat. The animated wall texture has a bit of flowing water on the bottom, giving it an illusion that the water is hitting the wall. I've had this idea before, but never have made it. Quite right to, this man's textures are beyond amazing.

What's the average FPS we can expect this time? Might we see a level that stays above 10FPS at all times? :o

(Seriously though, really looking forward to it. The polyobject platforming bit in particular looks awesome.)

Maybe if the lava texture was a bright red-orange with a hint of pink, rather than orange, it would look more like lava and less like the surface of a slightly burned cheese pizza. Mmm, pizza...

First, when would lava ever have any pink?
Second, maybe if you inverted it so the red takes up most of it and the yellow is the spots it would look better.

Yeah, that's true, I just was thinking of a video of lava where the lighting made it look a tiny bit pink. Maybe just make the orange spots red and the brown spots black.

srb20068.gif

A failed attempt at making a good lava texture.

How the hell does this count as failed compared to the shit we have currently.
maybe if you inverted it so the red takes up most of it and the yellow is the spots it would look better.
iKMsSoSyjzFxI.PNG

Sphere, I suggest you make the red blots in your texture larger, and the white webby patterns less frequent.
Marble-Zone-beta.jpg

Last edited:
How the hell does this count as failed compared to the shit we have currently.

LAVA1 and SFALL1 are admittedly pretty bad, but RLAVA1 and RVZFALL1 are from my experience both pleasant to look at and decently close to real lava in appearance.

Inverting yellow lava with red spots to red lava with yellow spots still isn't that realistic, if not less realistic. I think it would be more realistic if the red spots were black and the yellow lava would be red. And no yellows or oranges would be involved, although maybe slowly flashing between red and orange to make the red lava look like it's glowing would be a pretty cool idea.

Last edited:
But isn't lava meant to be bright?

You're right, but in other Sonic games with lava, looking at those didn't hurt my eyes. I think that the color pallete should be changed to the color of said games. Still bright, just... not TOO bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back