People being kicked from my server, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I add the file scr_cannoncore_v052.wad, anyone who tries to join my game gets automatically kicked. They obviously have the file, because I have server download on. So can anyone tell me what's going on please?
Thanks in advance.

Shuf, re-read the post.

Anywho, the wad may be buggy in some way. The creator may not have properly built everything in the level, and the bugs could be causing consistency issues.

Try pausing the game with the Pause/Break button when you want people to join.

Some wads cause netgames to kick players automatically.
I have many people getting kicked from my game and I just deal with the fact that I can't use the wad for netgames.

I really think that all wads should be tested if they have any problems with kicking people, like I'm having now.

But people would still just publish those wads anyway, regardless.
I guess I will not be able to use this wad in multiplayer mode then.

No, The automatic kick that they are talking about is known as a consistency failure, Normally, its when the host has some sort of data that the joiner doesnt have or has a problem reading, and gets a kick for that.

The wad scr_cannoncore_v052 wad, probably has something within it that makes the players get a consistency failure.
To solve this problem, you must have your game paused while other people are joining, then when the people finally are in your game while the game is paused, either Re-load the map you are on or change maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back