If you could meet your favorite idol(s) (living or dead) who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really have one of these "idol" things in the first place. Though that said, there's a long list of (usually famous) people that it'd be cool to meet.

So long I don't think I can put it here. =P

Huh? I didn't think it'd be Michael Jackson, but if you insist...
Why do you say that?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Don't really have one of these "idol" things in the first place. Though that said, there's a long list of (usually famous) people that it'd be cool to meet.

So long I don't think I can put it here. =P
Are you sure?

To be honest, I idolize a lot of people in this community for being cool people, and I hope to meet them someday!

To be honest, I idolize a lot of people in this community for being cool people, and I hope to meet them someday!

Same, actually! I'd kill for an SRB2 convention, though obviously we can only dream.

Otherwise I really want to meet the leaders of my favorite bands, Johnny Manchild of Johnny Manchild and the Poor Bastards, and Matthew Murphy of the Wombats. I recently had to miss the Wombats when they were touring in my area which is unfortunate, but hey I'm sure I'll get another chance when I'm older.

I idolize pretty much all of SRB2's developers. Over the two years I've played it, it's easily my favorite game. And being an upcoming programmer/game designer, I would love to meet the developers of my favorite game.

Same, actually! I'd kill for an SRB2 convention, though obviously we can only dream

I would love if this were possible.

I travel a lot. But, I can only meet you if I know where you are. :)

Childish Gambino - Donald Glover

I'd want to meet Donald Glover, aka Childish Gambino.

He's the definition of a jack of all trades and master of all. Everything that he's had his hand in, he's been amazing at. Director, Actor, Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Musician in general, Comedian. He has his hand in every pie possible, and every industry he touches is immediately better. He's amazing, and is probably the closest thing to an "idol" that I have.

Seriously, look up some of his stuff, his musical range is amazingly expansive, and his show "Atlanta" is a fantastic watch.

I travel a lot. But, I can only meet you if I know where you are. :)

If you're ever in Tokyo, hit me up! Anyone else who's visiting is welcome to say hi as well!

If you're ever in Tokyo, hit me up! Anyone else who's visiting is welcome to say hi as well!

*Discord flashbacks*

yK7ejxv

I generally idolize people I already met. From friends to even cool teachers. But in terms of celebrities? I'd probably pick Mark Hamill. He has a good case of sense of humour, is an overall cool old guy and not to mention, Luke freaking Skywalker!

There is a holy essay from Bible “You shall not make for yourself an idol”. When I was from 12 till 15 I was mad about famous musicians but now only some film directors or talent writers could touch me. But I can’t say that they could be “idols” for me

I have no idol, but I would love to meet Mystic. He's seasoned in the ways of the Internet

There is a holy essay from Bible “You shall not make for yourself an idol”. When I was from 12 till 15 I was mad about famous musicians but now only some film directors or talent writers could touch me. But I can’t say that they could be “idols” for me

You misread it, lol.

It doesn't mean idol as in "literal object of worship," idol refers to someone you look up to. You know, a role model?
I don't think I've ever thought about who I idolize, so this is a tough one for me to answer. I'll pass :^(

It doesn't mean idol as in "literal object of worship," idol refers to someone you look up to. You know, a role model?

I don't think there was necessarily anything being misread, I think some people actually take that bible passage to include that kind of "idol" too.

Not to mention they're kind of similar in concept anyway, it's no wonder the term is used for both worshipped objects and people you look up to, right?

---

To add to what I said in my last post, while I'm here, maybe I'll elaborate why I don't tend to "idolise" people...

I don't like placing too high expectations of people. If you raise someone up too high and they then do something that is in your view stupid or even bad, then (unless you deny, ignore, forget or are unaware of these things) you may feel extreme dissappointment and perhaps shame of yourself for holding such unrealistic standards in the first place. I certainly don't want to risk feeling like that at least; but then, maybe that's because I'm a cautious person.

That, and, from the other end, if I were treated as an "idol" by other people... would I feel like a real person? Or instead some kind of amazing space alien that nobody actually knows personally? Often this seems to imply one is on some kind of literal pedestal above everyone else in any case, while not really interacting with those "nobodies" down below. That sounds kind of sad, I would much rather get off that pedestal and talk to people on a normal level if I could, I don't get enough of that as it is. =P

I would want to meet the philosophers of the past. Hearing the teachings and different ideals they have could help guide me to the life of happiness. Of course then I would start feeling three times older than my actual age, but that's a small price to pay.

There is a whole bunch of people from many different time periods that I would like to meet.

George Washington, John Adams, Plato, Homer [No not Homer Simpson! The other Homer] Galileo Galilei, Arthur Conan Doyle, John F. Kennedy, Bram Stoker, Clint Eastwood, Mark Hamill, Mary Shelley, Mark Twain, Abraham Lincoln, Neil Armstrong, Nikola Tesla, Tommy Tallarico, Stephen Hillenburg, Butch Hartman.

And that's just a few of them, if I tried to name ALL of them I would be typing all night long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back