What's strange about you?

I have ADHD-PI (I was only diagnosed recently this summer), which makes me prone to distraction and daydreams at any given moment, trains of thought that have long since passed their station, and absolute hyper-focus on passion projects and videogames. My life absolutely has to be organized on a spreadsheet. To illustrate how distracted I am, I was planning on getting up this morning, checking my email for a minute, and then getting the rest of my day rolling. It's been almost a couple hours (+30 minutes since the time of editing this) and here I am posting on forums. This happens pretty much every other morning, it seems like. I've lost shoes, sweatshirts, backpacks, books, sunglasses, I've driven an hour to work without my boots -- hell, I once walked out of a bowling alley with my bowling shoes still on, and it took a friend to notice before I actually walked back in and returned them.

Fun times. Not really, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if my ADD is also partly responsible for my tastes in music -- the more complicated or unusual the piece is, the longer I can dwell on it. This is one of the first tunes I ever got hooked into, and I swear I only played the game when I was like 3 or 4 at the time. I've memorized just about every videogame tune I've ever heard, I listen to every type of music except whatever's currently mainstream (e.g. prog rock, chiptune, jazz fusion, classical, classic hits; not dubstep, pop, rnb, etc.), and I whistle pretty much all the time.

Also, I'm left-handed, I like getting into debates with people, I have a weird aversion for any clothing with insignia on it, and I'm almost exclusively into fat chicks. So I guess those things are all pretty weird.

Also am I the only one who has their Windows display set to 150% magnification? Like holy shit, I just did this a couple days ago and now it feels like I can actually back away from my computer screen a little bit.

Last edited:
I like bruxing to the song that plays in Little Women composed by Max Steiner.
It's a odd habit I do when bored.

I generally avoid any kind of social interaction, yet I don't like being left alone either, so I uh... kind of awkwardly end up being around people without really talking unless someone asks me something.
which isn't a problem at home since by my standards a cat can totally replace a person.

I generally avoid any kind of social interaction, yet I don't like being left alone either, so I uh... kind of awkwardly end up being around people without really talking unless someone asks me something.
which isn't a problem at home since by my standards a cat can totally replace a person.

Yeah, I used to be like that. I've gotten better with people, so I'm more open now, though.

Last edited:
I love video games too much, so much that my own walking cycles try to imitate the walking cycle of a video game character like Sonic, Megaman, Mario, Pokemon's Avatar character... etc.

Somehow I'm still seen as a normal human being. Life is truly mysterious.

I love video games too much, so much that my own walking cycles try to imitate the walking cycle of a video game character like Sonic, Megaman, Mario, Pokemon's Avatar character... etc.

I used to walk around in middle school scowling and folding my arms pretending I looked like Shadow the Hedgehog. Those were cringier days D:

Wait... how exactly DO you walk like Sonic? I guess I've never really thought about it.

I'd say i'm a very strange person, I uh, I tend to jump around wildly when my imagination kicks in, and i have to will myself not to do it and its hard, and i tend to just sleep on the floor at times and when i sleep on my bed i thrash, and my memory can be short for a lot of things but i remember a lot about my ages 3 4 and 5 for some reason.

I eat M&M’s in a particular order of colors every time. Blue, green, red, orange, yellow, black (brown apparently?).

This is a practice that has been going on for about eleven years at this point, and is one that actually originated from one of the first times I watched Cars, that Pixar movie, being that, the first three colors are in an order that corresponded with the way, in the beginning of the movie, I saw the characters The King, Chick Hicks, and Lightning McQueen, respectively, were lined up during the race scene

Woah, Cobalt. We actually have a lot in common. Because I too have ADHD, lose stuff to the max, and am left handed. Glad I'm not the only one who deals with these issues.

Woah, Cobalt. We actually have a lot in common. Because I too have ADHD, lose stuff to the max, and am left handed. Glad I'm not the only one who deals with these issues.

Fun, isn't it?

Now that I'm on medication (finally) it's easier to deal with, but I still have the problem of hyper-focusing, which is what causes me to lose track of time.

I get easily distracted and might start daydreaming anywhere. Sometimes during a conversation, which causes a little trouble every now and then. It might have something to do with the need to over analyze everything. I continuously lose my stuff and sometimes forget about duties until I hear about them from people who remember.

[...]

What others can see about me is that I can't focus for long at something that isn't interesting. I actually admire almost the rest of my class in school who can sit still without anything to do, except for listening to the teacher, for a whole lesson.

This is also textbook ADHD-PI, lol. Trust me, I'm exactly the same way

Guess the condition's not that uncommon around here (not that I'm surprised)

This is also textbook ADHD-PI, lol. Trust me, I'm exactly the same way

Guess the condition's not that uncommon around here (not that I'm surprised)

You guessed ADHD right. I didn't put the diagnosis into the post though. It feels a little weird in public. It was a kind of a relief to see your and MrBreada's posts though. I can be more convinced that it's not that uncommon, which you were saying.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's PI, but I also have ADHD. Had it from a young age. Watch that medication; if it's like the one I was on, it could cause depression.

Not sure if it's PI, but I also have ADHD. Had it from a young age. Watch that medication; if it's like the one I was on, it could cause depression.

The three main types are Primarily Inattentive (PI), Primarily Hyperactive-Impulsive (HI), and Combined (ADHD-C, which is the most common).

Everyone has it a little differently though, so it's possible to be mainly one type but still have one or two symptoms on the other side of the spectrum (anyone would tell you I'm pretty spacious, but I like to fidget, pace, and shake my legs/feet subconsiously, which is a hyperactivity trait).

You guessed ADHD right. I didn't put the diagnosis into the post though. It feels a little weird in public. It was a kind of a relief to see your and MrBreada's posts though. I can be more convinced that it's not that uncommon, which you were saying.

It's actually really common -- just checked the numbers and it apparently the diagnosis statistics were about 10% of all kids/teens.

Honestly it seems like this percentage is growing every time I read it, so the number is probably bigger than that due to under-diagnosis. Again, I didn't even get a diagnosis until half a year ago, and I'm 25.

Last edited:
Hm... I occasionally start shaking my leg, and i often get pretty hyped for no apparent reason, although it seems to sometimes be caused by being in low temperatures or being hungry. I do also have issues focussing sometimes, too.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back