How long have you stuck around these forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On top of all of the above, Spazzo also has a history of enlisting people to participate in the above rabble-rousing - there was one incident in particular where a couple of users were convinced to spam a private message ghost-written by Spazzo to some 20 different people. The scary thing about the guy was that if you didn't really, really understand the degree to which he couldn't be trusted, it was incredibly easy to be convinced to side with him or do some favor or to try to advocate which would lead to more people being convinced and then more and then more, and that's been a source of more grief than I'd care to get into.

Whenever he's active, we have to make the rounds to make sure that everyone knows not to respond to him if contacted privately, because he goes out of his way to find anyone who might lend an ear every time... and more than a few people who won't, just in case he can turn that around.

It's half the reason we actually go through the trouble of explaining the whole he who shall not be named deal every so often, because the alternative is quite literally to leave him ammunition.

Last edited:
Part of the reason that it was so easy for him to do this was because a lot of his trolling was very much directed at the development and administrative team, so it tended to happen far more frequently in areas that we lurked more in (#'fun and other means of using IRC as communication, but this was by no means the only one). This put a lot of what happened that got us angry in this nice little box tucked away so that he could try and gain sympathy from community members, who weren't necessarily privy to this information, and really we weren't totally aware that they needed to be.

Mystic, Prime and Rob are all involved in the development, or at least, the administration of SRB2 as a game, and a community.

As far as he's concerned, his own projects are good, like Roly Poly Putt, but as a human being, he gives very little reason to be a friend. Just be wary of Spazmatazz and you'll be fine.

For myself, I came along years ago with completely different aliases. For this forum, specifically, I was... not joking...

DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0.

You'll be glad to know I learned my lesson on that, and soon had my name changed to this, in keeping with my new YouTube identity, among other things.

I've been around for several years now, both here and on the IRC, and while I don't play SRB2 like I used to, I still occasionally pick it up again. Usually in the wake of major updates, like 2.1.15 adding slopes.

Sent from my HTCONE using ********

Ouch...

Anyways. I joined the forums recently... about a year a go but i been playing srb2 since 2.0.6

I still feel so new here

I've been here for nearly 7 years now I think. The first version of the game I'd ever played was 1.09.4, though I didn't join the community until partway through 2.0's release. After a while I sort of disappeared to do my own thing, but continued to lurk in IRC. The weeks prior to 2.1's release got me pretty riled up and I became active once more. 2.1 prompted me to learn Lua and, two weeks later, release HMS.

Fast forward about a year and I'm suddenly a dev for the game focused mostly on expanding Lua. I never expected to come this far, but I can't say it hasn't been fun.

I've been around for almost 8 years, kinda popping in and out now and then, becoming more active especially with major updates like 2.1 coming around. I used to call myself "sonic fan2000" which was a terrible name and I really had to change it so I had it changed to Terra. I also used to make terrible character wads rushed in MS Paint and only one came after 2.0 that somehow passed the submissions. (and did so again in 2.1)

One fateful day I discovered a trailer for the SRB2 2.0 release and fell in love with the song that was playing, ERZ2's music. I was actually stuck in one of DSZ's acts for a few months where you had to spindash into a breakable wall to get through, but I never knew the path was there. Found it on accident and a few months later I finally kicked Brak Eggman's ass. After that I joined the forums as "Zubat," found out the 2.0.7 patch was released, and got heavily into the mods, especially Mystic Realm, Dumbventure, and Chaos Domain. I miss Hinote and that grey echidna wad. I only recently had my username changed, which is a relief lemme tell you.

I've heard about drama in the dev team before but it's nice to have the full story in front of me. I never wanted to ask, you know?

EDIT: "That grey echidna wad" was Knockout the Echidna. Senku and Inazuma were ones I loved too. Man, there were even more stages I loved as well, but that's a different topic.

Last edited:
Trivia: I registered back in 2004 as "flamingmonkey" and made like 3 shitty posts. I did it on my cousin's computer while I was visiting for the Summer, so when I came back home I forgot my password and email and started over. Only semi-consciously ripped my name from that one sprite maker that was popular at the time because I couldn't come up with anything better on the spot and didn't think I'd still be using that nick somewhere 12 years later. It was a grave mistake.

Last edited:
Trivia: I registered back in 2004 as "flamingmonkey" and made like 3 shitty posts. I did it on my cousin's computer while I was visiting for the Summer, so when I came back home I forgot my password and email and started over. Only semi-consciously ripped my name from that one sprite maker that was popular at the time because I couldn't come up with anything better on the spot and didn't think I'd still be using that nick somewhere 12 years later. It was a grave mistake.
Wait, so it had nothing to do with the crackers?

Me, I found SRB2 about 3 days after 1.09 came out, in September 2005 - I had just looked at vgmusic.com's internet radio section for the first time, and noticed songs from a sonic game I had never heard of - a sonic game I misread as "Sonic 3D Blast 2", or perhaps the person who wrote the schedule put it down that way by mistake. Whatever the case may have been, ssntails.sepwich.com/SRB2 (the SRB2 homepage, back then) was somehow the first result in google... and if you search it right now, srb2.org will still be the first result funnily enough.

It wasn't until the end of my first playthrough that I realized I had been reading it wrong that whole time.

After that, I just started downloading add-ons from the website's addons section, which wasn't actually part of the forums at all in those days, it was just a directory of wads organized by gametype that Mystic updated if you emailed him your mod. Between SRB2's unlockables, the add-ons on the website (Mystic Realm especially), #srb2fun (I don't have logs from back that far, but someone else's log showed me in there before I registered on the MB at least once), and the fact that you can still download wads as a guest, it wasn't until October that I actually registered.

I've been here ever since.

If anyone does somehow have logs dating back to the AccessIRC (maybe even Mystaria?) days, you could do a search for "Yellow Galaxy" and you might catch me having a brief pre-MB conversation with Digiku. That'd be neat.

I think that's my first post. Lol

I've learnt about the game in 2010 I think, probally sometime after 2.0.6 was released but never tried to join the forums. As I'm reading here, in late 2014 it was the last time I've logged on here, so it's probally when I've made this account, this being my first post though. I've just been observing the things happening here and playing the game since. I've came back recently because of 2.1.15.

I startes playing the game somewhere in 2008. I joined the community in 2010, left somewhere in 2012. When I heard about the release of 2.1 being around the corner in 2014. That's when I became more active.

Wow. 6-20-06.
It'll be my 10 year anniversary in a few days...and I still haven't finished that Paternal Horn sheet music...

I joined 1-28-2008, so I'm not the oldest member around here by a long shot, but I've been here for a fair bit of time.

Although, I have played SRB2 since version 1.08. meaning I have technically been around since 2005, just not here on the MB.

I've been lurking since at least 2003, but registered in early 2005. I was super shy though (this would only have been my second forum), so I didn't actually post anything until a few months later. I lurked a bit in the IRC channel (I think they had just moved to Esper at the time. I remember trying Mysteria and it not working).
I had never thought I would get into editing at the time, it seemed super complicated (and to a point, it was. Editing back then required some level of knowledge on things that are much easier and better documented now than back then). I just played net games and talked. I don't really remember what first motivated me to try making maps and stuff, but hey, here I am, 13 years after discovering the game.

I was lurking probably since the early versions of mystic realm, I think it was mystic way at the time. I joined about the same time as 1.09.4 with my crappy SRB1 to SRB2 mod. Rob is part of the reason that it got to be a full blown conversion so blame him :P. Though to be fair, other people at the time actually seemed to like it so it wasn't just him. I think originally it was me trying to learn how to to make SRB2 maps and maybe come up with original level ideas (which didn't really happen too much). I pop in once in a while to either help out new mappers something like that.

I registered sometime before the release of v2.0. I was actually on the dev team for like a year before ever registering in the forum.

More likely it was taken down because it was more-or-less dead in the end ...though that wouldn't explain why SSNTails.org forum went down too I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back