Ask a Quick Question, Maybe Get An Answer Sometime

Is it worth getting a N3DS over a 3DS at this point even if there aren't any games in specific I'd get a N3DS exclusively for playing it with? There are a couple of features I find are kind of cool, like the 3D following your vision and the faster processing times but I'm not sure whether or not it'll be worth the extra money down the road.

I personally enjoy mine, though worth noting, old games don't automatically make use of the N3DS' higher clock rate/loading times, only new games specifically programmed to do so (like Hyrule Warriors mentioned above) but if hacking your devices is your thing, you can totally hack your N3DS and get the extra juice on all games. It's personally what I've done, and it's great. Even beyond that, yeah, the 3D works wonderfully, and faster downloads are always welcome, and the games that support its speed natively do so wonderfully as well.

Despite everyone saying mostly positive things about the N3DS I just sent it off to get repaired instead; really considered getting something new but I just didn't believe it was worth the money right now compared to the price of getting it fixed simply due to the lack of having enough games that'd take advantage of the extra loading times (I'll only use custom firmwares on things that I'd care less about if they were bricked). Not to mention if I luck out and they manage to salvage it instead of giving me a new one for the repair price, I might not have to re-download everything again which is always nice.

that feeling when you want to ask another question but you realize you don't have anything to ask

Despite everyone saying mostly positive things about the N3DS I just sent it off to get repaired instead; really considered getting something new but I just didn't believe it was worth the money right now compared to the price of getting it fixed simply due to the lack of having enough games that'd take advantage of the extra loading times (I'll only use custom firmwares on things that I'd care less about if they were bricked). Not to mention if I luck out and they manage to salvage it instead of giving me a new one for the repair price, I might not have to re-download everything again which is always nice.

that feeling when you want to ask another question but you realize you don't have anything to ask
Erm, you don't have to redownload stuff, you just transfer it system to system.

Erm, you don't have to redownload stuff, you just transfer it system to system.

This I realized since most of your games and save data for 3DS related things are saved onto the SD Card. Also my new replacement 3DS came in and... for some reason it ended up being a 3DS XL when I normally had a regular one... Can't say I'm complaining though!

If I make a thread on this forum and quickly post a reply to it (like if I want to make a thread in Editing and reserve the opening post for current stuff while then shoving the first thing I do into a reply below the opening post within a minute or two of creating the thread), would the reply be merged into the opening post (provided noone replies before me)?

If I make a thread on this forum and quickly post a reply to it (like if I want to make a thread in Editing and reserve the opening post for current stuff while then shoving the first thing I do into a reply below the opening post within a minute or two of creating the thread), would the reply be merged into the opening post (provided noone replies before me)?

Post merging depends on how much time has passed after the first post so I'm aware. If you posted your reply immediately after the first one, it would be merged; however, if you posted at least 2 hours afterwards then it won't be merged.

So in other words, yes, I believe it would probably be merged.

Last edited:
Post merging depends on how much time has passed after the first post so I'm aware. If you posted your reply immediately after the first one, it would be merged; however, if you posted at least 2 hours afterwards then it won't be merged.
So in other words, yes, I believe it would probably be merged.
Aw. 2 hours is probably enough for someone else to post something first. Oh, well, I guess I'll have to go with just stuffing it into the opening post (when I get around to making the thread), then. Thanks for answering me, though.

How do you get that little subtitle under your username?
Go to the User Control Panel, then you should see something on the left hand side of the page that says "Edit Your Details", type in whatever you want in the Custom User Title box.

As backseat moderation is prohibited, what should one do if one notices another person doing something against a rule or two (but nothing too major) while the moderators don't notice? There's no "report" button on posts... Should one just ignore it, or send a private message off to a moderator, or perhaps something entirely different? (Of course, I do plan on waiting at least 48 hours, to give moderators some time to check the forum and such and find it on their own.)

Last edited:
If you're in IRC, post a link to the post in question and notify an admin about it. Otherwise, just leave the Admins and Moderators to their jobs.

As backseat moderation is prohibited, what should one do if one notices another person doing something against a rule or two (but nothing too major) while the moderators don't notice? There's no "report" button on posts... Should one just ignore it, or send a private message off to a moderator, or perhaps something entirely different? (Of course, I do plan on waiting at least 48 hours, to give moderators some time to check the forum and such and find it on their own.)
Private Message a moderator, yeah.

Contacting one of us on IRC works too.

This question has probably been asked a million times but I'm a dumbutt so I'm gonna ask it anyway.
How do I upload an avatar so it shows up with each of my posts?

This question has probably been asked a million times but I'm a dumbutt so I'm gonna ask it anyway. How do I upload an avatar so it shows up with each of my posts?
At the top of (almost?) any page on this forum/message board, below the thread name on the left, there's a "User CP" link. Click it. Then, on the left side, click the "Edit Avatar" button in the "Settings & Options" option group. You can then either put in a URL to an image or something with your avatar image, or you can upload it straight to this place. I hope that helps you.

At the top of (almost?) any page on this forum/message board, below the thread name on the left, there's a "User CP" link. Click it. Then, on the left side, click the "Edit Avatar" button in the "Settings & Options" option group. You can then either put in a URL to an image or something with your avatar image, or you can upload it straight to this place. I hope that helps you.
Ah! Thank you very much!

On the wiki, it says I can change skin by typing the skin number into the console, like
Code:
skin 2
for Knuckles. I can't seem to get it to work though. Was this removed?

The command only functions in multiplayer, or if cheats are turned on. Maybe it should tell you that you can't change it in-game instead of silently ignoring input, huh.

EDIT: Oh, I'm a fool. The numbers don't work anymore; it only accepts skin names these days. I guess the wiki is outdated!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back