Klonoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also you could just buy the Klonoa game on the Wii which is a remake of the first one ANYWAY and save yourself a lot of trouble... Unless you're just that devoted to getting games for free or something.

It won't. Even N64 emulators go really slow on most games on my wii, and yet the virtual console N64 games work fine.

Actually it works fine on mine. Even the 64 emulator (I played at least 3 games that have all played smoothly, without error. The only game for the 64 emulator in which I experienced an error, [and at that a minimal one], was Command and Conquer 64 version, which only displayed errors on the main menu). The only actually slow things that I have seen on my wii, are SRB2 when entering a large area, and the Sega Saturn emulator.

Not sure why it isn't going well for you. Then again it also depends on what type of wii one has, and what settings on the emulator are.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Also you could just buy the Klonoa game on the Wii which is a remake of the first one ANYWAY and save yourself a lot of trouble... Unless you're just that devoted to getting games for free or something.

The only trouble I see is space on the SD card. But I can simply remove Shadow (the game), and replace it with Klonoa.

Also, I use my USB for Wii games (since my disc thingy is broken, and can't insert disc's), and it takes quite a long process to get the Wii iso onto that USB seeing as to how it must go through a complicated process.

I also heard that the original for PSX was more present, and greatly favored from the Klonoa fans, so that seems to be the better choice of game to pick.

The original Klonoa compared to the Wii version doesn't have too many differences. The Wii version has English voice acting alongside the made up language they speak in the PSX version, though personally I don't like the actor chosen for Klonoa (oh no the cheesiness) and I think it ruins a little bit of the charm the original game had. The graphics in the Wii version are (obviously) superior to the PSX counterpart, and everything was gloriously redone to a much higher standard. Gameplay is pretty much the exact same, with the Wii version boasting some extra unlockable stuff. If you play the Wii version, you aren't missing out on anything the PSX version had except for the initial charm (but maybe that's what you're really after!?!).

@Michael Jasper (J.) Fox: Well actually I personally prefer old graphics/in superior graphics compared to some newer stuff. Take Sonic Unleashed for example, I hate it's graphics on the xbox/ps3 version because, well, the graphics seem very...icey? Anyone understand? Hope so. When running as Sonic, (and I mean anything moving in any xbox/ps3 game), it looks like the moving object is simply sliding across the floor. Also the models in the games don't look to be properly placed in the environments...hard to explain. It's just the look of it. As for the Wii version, I love it's graphics. It looks a ton more better, and not..icey.

But even compared to wii graphics, the gamecube/original xbox/psx had amazing graphics. Think back to games like Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, or Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, or Jedi Outcast, or even Sonic Adventure DX.

In my personal opinion, old graphics were simple, and got the job done. Most of the newer graphics (not really the wii, but systems like xbox 360 and ps3. I actually might also try the wii version of this game) look so, icey and slippery.

Now I can extend my opinions on these series after playing the first two visions and boss of the original Klonoa for psx. (I decided to not delete STH from my wii, but simply replace the force unleashed with Klonoa for wii, and play the original psx version on my phone.)

Once my android played the game and I saw the logo flash in, I fell in love with it already. The thing that really amazed me while playing the visions and boss, was the music, and sound effects. The graphics are great for its time, the gameplay is a bit different from the GBA versions in terms of speed and jump height of the character. Their cutscene voices are pretty funny, I freaking love Klonoa's voice with all the "vwuuahhoo's" and "unneyugh's". The music, gameplay, sound effects, and graphics from what I've seen so far, make me rate the game a 10.

I will play the wii version after I beat the psx version on my phone, and yes, I am aware it is a remake, but I want to first experience the real McCoy first.

Well now that I played almost every Klonoa game out there, I can give my little reviews.

Klonoa/Klonoa door to Phantomile: The game has given me an enjoyable time, roaming around in a 2.5d environment, with fun abilities, mainly the wind bullet to abuse moos with. The music was great, I downloaded a few, the storyline at first was very child-like, but near the end is where it turns a bit more mature and better storywise, all leading up to a shocking ending. My opinion on this game: amazing.

Klonoa Empire of Dreams/Dream Champ Tournament: both these games were fun, and very similar to the original Klonoa, excluding the facts that the GBA games focused more on the puzzles aspects of the game, and the games were in 2d rather than 2.5. The puzzles in these games were actually challenging, to my surprise. At first, they are quite easy, but when getting to the last two zones, that's where it gets a bit harder. Some of the music is great, some is meh. My opinion on these games: amazing.

Klonoa Heroes: My first thought of seeing this game is Sonic Heroes :p. And I was sorta right. The game uses an RPG style gametype rather than the usual adventure approach, and has three characters for the player to play as. The music in this game varies. Some music are crappy ports from the original games to the gba, and others are great new pieces. My opinion on this: Pretty good.

The only games that are left for me to play is Klonoa 2, which I am in the process of trying to be able to play it.

Well now that I played almost every Klonoa game out there, I can give my little reviews ... The only games that are left for me to play is Klonoa 2, which I am in the process of trying to be able to play it.

Wow man, glad you were able to play (almost) everything! Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil is my personal favorite, so I am very eager to hear what you think of it after you play it. The thing is, I only was able to pick it up out of sheer luck (I found a used copy for $10 at a flea market in near mint condition). Best of luck finding a copy!

It really was my pleasure :3. I now consider it as one of my main favorite things, along with Sonic, dbz, pokemon, doctor who, and star wars.

Heck, I like Klonoa enough to even make a 3d model of his Noctis Sol outfit:

http://ordomandalore.deviantart.com/art/Klonoa-Fan-made-Noctis-Sol-3D-Model-468420137

and even make a character wad for him rendered off his 3D model:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SHr-KiUAaU

I also forgot to say I still haven't played the volleyball game (which surprisingly has alot of story in it), and I also want to play that one very badly. It's sad how underrated Klonoa is. He has soo much potential. *couch*, add Klonoa to ssb4, *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back