How did you get your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was randomly typing letters on a keyboard and saw the combination of letters spelling out "glaber" among the jumble. Gave it to my fox character, then started using it as my username too.

it was only later I discovered it was also the species name of a Naked Mole Rat.

Both my current & previous username are results of a younger me making several terrible decisions in a row.

My old username was Sonic100000 (part of me actually wishes I kept it because "Sonic" is disallowed in names now :P). I still remember that it has exactly five 0's whenever I write it out... The story behind this one was young me trying to play Roblox, and all of the variants on "sonic" names were taken. Not long after, I remember entering a Sonic place on there, and everyone in there were in the same situation as me. Then, someone named "SonicTheHedgehog" joined and we were all like "IT WAS YOUUU" :P

The story behind my current username is also pretty silly. The "salt" in my name doesn't refer to the mineral or the internet slang; it was the name of my old Invader Zim fan-character. I came up with it when I wanted to call myself "Salt" in Blockland, but the name was already taken, so I tried "TheRealSalt" instead. Being a dumb idiot kid I misspelled it. But it stuck anyway, because I still think it has a nice ring to it.

<TehRealSalt> I just realized all of my usernames come from kid me trying to play a lego trademark infringing pc game

Last edited:
I don't even know anymore, man. 15-year-old me was weird. (I'm 22 now)

I think I remember years ago when your avatar was a picture of the mouse hovered over the start button on Windows XP, and it said "Click here to begin" on it. Your user title at that time was "Now you can begin too!"

So about mine it's ahem, before I liked Pokemon (And I still do), espicially Latios, at the same time, we created a dumb clan in SRB2 because we were so stupid, called the French Clan (FC)
And then, I had the magnificent idea to reduce the name by three letter and adding a FC.

Recently, I use THC as username, I was doing my avatar, and I misspelled a letter, they were suppsoed to be the initials of a nickname, but I don't remember it...

Well, steel. Steel is cool, and not only as cold. I made it my username quite a long time ago, which slowly turned into ideas I cringe when I think about but meh. When I joined the mb I added those ridiculous asterisks in too. So, hopefully Mystic will be nice enough and get rid of them.

Well, the name just sort of came to me one day. It's also fitting for me, as I usually associate myself with lightning.

Getting it changed (hopefully), but it has been about me and my wife.
Trying to get it changed to something more uniform and is indeed a reference to Evangelion (Asuka_Langley).

Well, steel. Steel is cool, and not only as cold. I made it my username quite a long time ago, which slowly turned into ideas I cringe when I think about but meh. When I joined the mb I added those ridiculous asterisks in too. So, hopefully Mystic will be nice enough and get rid of them.

Best to way to avoid idiots is to not awnser them.

Anyways, it seems Mystic get rid of the asterix you had on your name...
I think I will do the same... getting rid of that useless FC...
Isn't it the best idea ever?

Actually, it was Sonict last night on the IRC. But sure, it's up to you if you want to get it changed.

Perhaps I'll throw a request out too. J-town is ooooooold~ Not to mention the lack of proper capitalisation.

Uh, you know. This was just a random topic we drifted into for two-three posts. This isn't "Request a name change" thread.

My name just came from my fan character, Tonic the Hedgefox. A fusion of Sonic & Tails that split apart and became his own derpy character, and the ze is just for awesomeness.

Well, it started when I requested a name change. I tried to come up with something, ANYTHING to replace sonic fan2000. Then I remembered Terra from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. He was one of my favorite characters in that game, and it was the only good name I could come up with, so I got my name changed to Terra.

I wish someone though could change my name on the forums to Larztard instead of larztard because 12 year old me did not know what the Shift Button could do lol.
Thanks to who ever changed my name. Appreciate it. :)

Used to go by "Lance2344" when I played Runescape, since I was a Pokemon fanatic at the time and particularly liked the Lance character in the Elite Four. 2344 was the first available number tacked on by the automatic username suggestion system.

Moved to Agron in something like 2004 when I was 11ish. Switched to Akira at 13 because I was a weeb. Nero at 15 because I thought it sounded cool.

At 17 I had a dream. One of the characters I remember in the dream was named Vereiah. Androgynous, tall/lanky, jet black humanoid with a white bone mask on. I took the name because I liked the character, and used some of my art of the character as an avatar for a while. A couple years ago I switched to Azereiah for some reason. Dunno why, but it feels more right to me.

As an added bonus, the spelling is odd, so I've not once found the username taken by anyone else.

I made this account back in 2008. I was 12 back then and ended up with something really uncreative, my real name.
I usually go by the name Horton hears a suicide for other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back