Elaborate upon your representational imagery.

Yes, the colors are changed. So what? It still fulfills its purpose of showing my face.

But you know what, fine. Believe and say whatever you want.

After all, it is useless for me to argue against a superior. I'm better off just taking a leave.

Not to make this discussion any longer than it needs to be, but the way I see it, it makes no difference whether the picture is of you or of something else. It's still something you deliberately chose to represent you. Especially since you're quite clearly posing in the photo, there's a level of fabrication involved to make yourself appear as you want to be seen, which of course is a biased description—but also ironically the best one! In a way all our avatars are just little tastes of who we are. We're representing ourselves just as honestly as you are.

Not to make this discussion any longer than it needs to be, but the way I see it, it makes no difference whether the picture is of you or of something else. It's still something you deliberately chose to represent you. Especially since you're quite clearly posing in the photo, there's a level of fabrication involved to make yourself appear as you want to be seen, which of course is a biased description—but also ironically the best one! In a way all our avatars are just little tastes of who we are. We're representing ourselves just as honestly as you are.

Not about to search past the "new posts" tab, but I remember this board having a "post a pic of yourself" thread, if you really wanted to show your face.

As Lach said, an avatar is really just a form of creative expression, whether it's something you made, a photo you took, or just some picture you like. You don't necessarily need to justify the contents of your avatar beyond that. (You can also just have no avatar at all... if you're boring :V)

Last edited:
My OC with a neat blue background. He has a nice hat.

5U0nWR6.jpg

by Francisco Mon.

Dirk did a render on a Sonic that, we dubbed as "Jamming Sonic"(latest SRB2 design for Sonic?), that Roach drew, he gave me permission to use it for a profile picture. Background is a level from Project Enhanced.. with a few effects.

I drew a dog.

I've had a huge creative boom lately, been getting back into doing art more regularly. I thought for a long while that I was just starting to hate pixel art, then found out that it was me not liking the style I was doing

My current avatar is a humorous representation of influential politician Carlos Marks. Specifically, he is a drawing of my original character (named Cole) donning hair and facial hair similar to Marks, who was elected President of the United States of Super Russia (USSR for short). 1

On the other hand, if you were to Google me, you would find a basic representation of my character without all the crazy hair. Also, on Discord, Twitter, and WordPress, my image is Captain Falcon, the best character in Super Smash Bros. and the protagonist of the most graphically impressive Super Nintendo game, in my opinion.

It's a lil mousey I drew!
its tail is curled into the Debian symbol because i like debian

It's Oguma from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon And The Blade Of Light.

I have been getting into the FE series recently, he's a kickass unit, and I like his ingame portrait.

well for me it's just a character derivative of a story i made, it used to be a Stickman and to have blushes in his cheeks, black hair, and no glasses, he was also who i used to represent me, even with the same name, Kíbito, however, one day i was starting to become more distant in personality to this character, and i don't really like self insertion in stories, though, the design kinda grew on me, as well as the name, so i kept that, and changed his, it's not good, don't ask for it, at the start it was the same, but without the blushes, and light brown hair, however over time, i added features that are more akin to me in real life, like the glasses, the jacket, and a usually frown expression, with a really shy attitude on the outside, i haven't changed him in a long time, but i wonder if i'll do so in the future, since my avatars tend to change as i grow up, whether it is the same but taller, or an entirely new one, as the character it originated from was called Kíbito, i called him Kíbitwo, he's the one i've used the most, as i haven't changed anything on him on years, one thing is sure, at least i'll miss him when it inevitably happens, and he has to go.

Holy, i went a little dark there, and what bible i wrote, sorry for that.

I just took a picture of eggman about to shoot a laser with the context of:
eggman grabbing something out of his eggmobile

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back