Cracks in the Floor in OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoko

This seems like revenge of the Slime Trail over here. But maybe the OpenGL renderer is more ductile to solve problems like this.

If it's not, then.. oh well.

1MXFT

1MXIO

There's many more examples of this glitch around SRB2. I never noticed this problem in 1.09.4, so..

I'm pretty sure this bug has always existed; it's just more likely to come up with the more complicated level architecture.

I'm pretty sure this bug has always existed; it's just more likely to come up with the more complicated level architecture.
Although to be honest, I wouldn't call Twisted Terminal's level design particularly complicated from a bird's eye view; it's very boxy.

Then again, this bug only happens in OpenGL (I think), and since OpenGL is unsupported and we know the developers won't work on it, it's not gonna go away. I believe it doesn't happen in Software because of the flood-fill floor method, which fills cracks like this.

Does CB use it's own remade OpenGL engine?
If SSNTails is correct about triangulation errors, then it could be that Kalaron cared a lot more about OpenGL than we thought.

Does CB use it's own remade OpenGL engine?
If SSNTails is correct about triangulation errors, then it could be that Kalaron cared a lot more about OpenGL than we thought.

Well, SRB2CB runs way faster on my laptop, and even when using multiple high poly models, but OpenGL on normal SRB2 is very laggy on my laptop, even without MD2 models on.

Well, SRB2CB runs way faster on my laptop, and even when using multiple high poly models, but OpenGL on normal SRB2 is very laggy on my laptop, even without MD2 models on.

It is like that because Srb2CB fixes openGl. I doubt they will make it a priority to fix it. They should though, for it improves the rendering quality a lot.

Kalaron said:
Improved OpenGL renderer - OpenGL mode has finally been FIXED and improved!
  • OpenGL mode is capable of displaying nearly all level effects with little to no visual errors
  • Extreme optimizations, you can look in all directions with no disappearing objects and the framerate got a 150% boost compared to SRB2's default OpenGL renderer
  • Much richer colormap effects
  • Coronas are back and they also got a major speed boost!
  • New sprite shadows that stay in one direction (enabled using shadows 1 in the console)
So that's pretty much the improvements that the OpenGL renderer got according to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back