SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Metal Anyone v2 - Leave your Ability to Fate! Details »»
Metal Anyone v2 - Leave your Ability to Fate!
Developer Last Online: Dec 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 4.10 average)
Released: 04-29-2014 Last Update: 04-29-2014 Installs: 5
Characters

...That about sums it up, yeah. Abilities and stats chosen from a random selection of 10 Sonic characters. So, as for a rundown on what his available character data is...

Blue = Metal Sonic Jump Boost
Steel Blue = Sonic Thok
Orange = Tails Fly
Red = Knuckles Glide & Climb
Black = Shadow Homing Attack
Pink = Amy Double Jump*
Grey = Mecha Sonic Float
Silver = PotleafSilver Telekinesis*
Dark Red = Gamma Hover*
Purple = Espio Fall Switch
Lavender = Blaze Air Drill

* = Can't spindash.

...And since the later half of that list is rarely ever seen, featuring characters that aren't even 2.1 charwads yet and some might not ever be, I'll explain some lesser know abilities too:

Jump Boost: The faster you go, the higher you jump! Blade nerfed this ability for the original Metal Sonic's overdrive, but he doesn't have overdrive here, so it's been buffed to compensate.

Float: Hold to float as long as you hold the key. You'll NEVER go down when floating. Mecha Sonic has super slow acceleration, but with this ability, you'll skip entire chunks of levels.

Telekinesis: Push the jump key in midair to push away enemies. Push spin to pull them in. It's no use!

Hover: Slowly fall down. Simple, but effective. Gamma wasn't built for speed, however, so he's pretty slow.

Fall Switch: Basically, a Crawla Bounce on command. Push the key from a great height, and as low to the ground as possible, and...

Air Drill: Push jump to do a slowly ascending, enemy piercing double jump that descends quickly once it reaches the peak. Hold spin to descend super fast. There's probably more to this ability, but I can't figure it out...

Anyways, through caution to the wind and let the wheel of fate decide your powers! The wheel of fate is turning, best hope it doesn't turn your adventure south!

oh, and iceman404 did the ?, i took it off his ? block

Download Now

File Type: zip MetalAnyone-v2.zip (426.3 KB, 7120 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20178.gif
Views:	3849
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	4691   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20181.gif
Views:	34613
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	4692   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20184.gif
Views:	2464
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	4693   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20186.gif
Views:	2412
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	4694  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 07-19-2014   #122
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
That's because people are using silver's ability the wrong way. The way how I effectively use silver's attacks are as follows:

1.) Score collecting: there are a lot of places in SRB2 that have lots of enemies scattered in the area. Simply jumping and using the ability will bring all those enemies right under you, making you fall upon each and every one of them, and soon you are getting lots of 1,000s.

2.) Emergency saves: in some levels, miscalculations can be made when jumping, and you may find yourself jumping onto a platform with an enemy on the very edge, and you know pain will be induced when you land. This is where the push will come in handy. Or any other time when a jumping miscalculation is made, and you know you will get hit. Simply either push them away to try again, or pull them in to hit them.
Both fair but very rare points doctor. The reason people are using telekinesis wrong is because no one has made an actual character related to telekinesis before this, and because telekinesis is a new move feature for srb2, making a character around it would take some careful thinking. Someone should've already made a Silver wad... if Chaos Zero 64 and other successful silver spriters allowed us to use their Silver sprites. (considering 2.1's standards and lua has to come into play...)
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014   #123
TheBest

sorry but this wad isn't even good. lmao

(TheBest received an infraction for this post: Do not spam. Put actual content in your posts.)
TheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014   #124
Xkower8181
btw do not touch the sonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBest View Post
Are you joking or you are just a stupid troll? >:/ (i just very like this wad)
Xkower8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014   #125
NoxUmbrae

Great WAD, also, Nice Blazblue reference. The wheel of fate is turning!
NoxUmbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #126
Volkatrace
MexicanᅠFlyer

Well, this release is almost funny for netgames, really I recommend it for have a fun (and sometimes frustrating) gameplay.
Old 09-24-2014   #127
MudkipYeah!
Vastly Short Attention Span

This wad, just, why D00D? Its great, but my luck isnt very good to begin with. Well, as the wise man once said, "Lady luck be damned".
Old 09-24-2014   #128
Larztard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudkipYeah! View Post
This wad, just, why D00D? Its great, but my luck isnt very good to begin with. Well, as the wise man once said, "Lady luck be damned".
At least you didn't get Silver Sonic five times in a row during the Metal Sonic race.
Old 09-24-2014   #129
MudkipYeah!
Vastly Short Attention Span

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larztard View Post
At least you didn't get Silver Sonic five times in a row during the Metal Sonic race.
Well, its official, this wad is the equivalent to a COD troll. That, or you really should look into black magic dude. You would do great in the industry Larztard. Enjoy your new life buddy! Either way, this wad is a complete troll at times.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBest View Post
Obvious troll is obvious. Im sorry if I'm giving this more attention than it deserves, but regardless, I feel this should be said before anyone else try's to freak out about it. Something about this website gives people the tendency to act stupid at times. Yes Xkower, he is a troll. Also, despite this wad possibly being the devil himself, its good. Keep at it D00D.

(MudkipYeah! received a warning for this post: Do not double post.)
Old 09-24-2014   #130
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

...Do note that TheBest was already infracted for what he said back when he said it, I would just leave it be.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #131
r543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkatrace View Post
Well, this release is almost funny for netgames, really I recommend it for have a fun (and sometimes frustrating) gameplay.
Did D00D ever fix the display bug for multiplayer ? Other than that it's super fun in multiplayer.
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #132
Volkatrace
MexicanᅠFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r543 View Post
Did D00D ever fix the display bug for multiplayer?
I guess so. I try it on multiplayer like about 3 hours and bugs or issues was not found.
Old 09-25-2014   #133
Phantom-blade
Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
Why is there a lot of 1-2 year old on this forum? I don't even know what I'm on about... (I like this wad if anyone asks.)
Phantom-blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014   #134
Larztard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-blade View Post
Why is there a lot of 1-2 year old on this forum? I don't even know what I'm on about... (I like this wad if anyone asks.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
...Do note that TheBest was already infracted for what he said back when he said it, I would just leave it be.
Stop beating a dead horse.
Old 05-23-2015   #135
UrbanPie
Skilled at being bad!

Metal Anyone is a rather a Handicapper. What I mean is that the possibly of having a rather crappy form in a stage that your good in. or you can have a stage that you suck at as Steel Blue while you could be better as Blue let's say.
UrbanPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015   #136
Aegix
Generally Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanPie View Post
Metal Anyone is a rather a Handicapper. What I mean is that the possibly of having a rather crappy form in a stage that your good in. or you can have a stage that you suck at as Steel Blue while you could be better as Blue let's say.
I find that this is half the fun of the character, actually.

Having to deal with a bad/suboptimal ability is a neat thing, because you can either keep trying, or sacrifice a life on a gamble that you'll get something better next time.

The ONLY thing that sucks is when you get Knuckles-Red and then die on a knux path, leaving you screwed.