SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Metal Anyone v2 - Leave your Ability to Fate! Details »»
Metal Anyone v2 - Leave your Ability to Fate!
Version: 2.0, by D00D64 (A "rather brash" indivisual) D00D64 is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 4.10 average)
Released: 04-29-2014 Last Update: 04-29-2014 Installs: 5
Characters



...That about sums it up, yeah. Abilities and stats chosen from a random selection of 10 Sonic characters. So, as for a rundown on what his available character data is...

Blue = Metal Sonic Jump Boost
Steel Blue = Sonic Thok
Orange = Tails Fly
Red = Knuckles Glide & Climb
Black = Shadow Homing Attack
Pink = Amy Double Jump*
Grey = Mecha Sonic Float
Silver = PotleafSilver Telekinesis*
Dark Red = Gamma Hover*
Purple = Espio Fall Switch
Lavender = Blaze Air Drill

* = Can't spindash.

...And since the later half of that list is rarely ever seen, featuring characters that aren't even 2.1 charwads yet and some might not ever be, I'll explain some lesser know abilities too:

Jump Boost: The faster you go, the higher you jump! Blade nerfed this ability for the original Metal Sonic's overdrive, but he doesn't have overdrive here, so it's been buffed to compensate.

Float: Hold to float as long as you hold the key. You'll NEVER go down when floating. Mecha Sonic has super slow acceleration, but with this ability, you'll skip entire chunks of levels.

Telekinesis: Push the jump key in midair to push away enemies. Push spin to pull them in. It's no use!

Hover: Slowly fall down. Simple, but effective. Gamma wasn't built for speed, however, so he's pretty slow.

Fall Switch: Basically, a Crawla Bounce on command. Push the key from a great height, and as low to the ground as possible, and...

Air Drill: Push jump to do a slowly ascending, enemy piercing double jump that descends quickly once it reaches the peak. Hold spin to descend super fast. There's probably more to this ability, but I can't figure it out...

Anyways, through caution to the wind and let the wheel of fate decide your powers! The wheel of fate is turning, best hope it doesn't turn your adventure south!

oh, and iceman404 did the ?, i took it off his ? block

Download Now

File Type: zip MetalAnyone-v2.zip (426.3 KB, 7114 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20178.gif
Views:	3845
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	4691   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20181.gif
Views:	34602
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	4692   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20184.gif
Views:	2457
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	4693   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20186.gif
Views:	2407
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	4694  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

  • This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 05-04-2014   #62
Rex The Kitsune
Annoying Purple Dude
 
Rex The Kitsune's Avatar
Default

Since nobody saw my post, I'm gonna repeat it again.
Metal sometimes doesn't match the stats of the character he's imitating, Knuckles for instance doesn't jump as low as he should.
__________________
Terra: i made him with my bear hands
RexTheKitsune: wait you have BEAR HANDS?
Rex The Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #63
Puppyfaic
 
Puppyfaic's Avatar
Default

We saw it. We just don't care. The stats are fine as they are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostay
Yeah fuck you too you insufferable twat.
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #64
Larztard
 
Larztard's Avatar
Default

Also if they played exactly similar to the characters Metal is mimicking, what would be the point of playing as Metal Anyone when I can just play as Knuckles.
__________________
YouTube
Larztard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #65
Rex The Kitsune
Annoying Purple Dude
 
Rex The Kitsune's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Abilities and stats chosen from a random selection of 10 Sonic characters
Taken straight from DOOD64's original submission post.
You know, right up there.
-__-
__________________
Terra: i made him with my bear hands
RexTheKitsune: wait you have BEAR HANDS?
Rex The Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #66
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Judge
 
TehRealSalt's Avatar
Default

Sonic characters are not necessarily SRB2 characters. They don't have to be taken straight from other SRB2 characters, his stats can just play similar to the character as portrayed in other Sonic games that Metal's mimicking, or stats that compliment the ability.
__________________
THZ Discord | Twitter | Tumblr
TehRealSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #67
.Luke
 
.Luke's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic100000 View Post
Sonic characters are not necessarily SRB2 characters. They don't have to be taken straight from other SRB2 characters, his stats can just play similar to the character as portrayed in other Sonic games that Metal's mimicking, or stats that compliment the ability.
This. D00D doesn't have to be a stickler to stats from content he hasn't developed himself, and it would be unrealistic to maintain every time there's a rebalance or update of someone else's character.

While I did change my Blaze skin's ability to match this character's, I still ultimately did it because it's a much better idea for Blaze than what I had, and people going from Blaze to MetalAnyone won't have any false expectations. The idea of doing it for the sake of perfect consistency is kinda ridiculous, I'm pretty sure my Blaze's stats don't match Metal's here.
__________________
deviantART | Twitter

Last edited by .Luke; 05-05-2014 at 01:44 PM.
.Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #68
r543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Luke View Post
This. D00D doesn't have to be a stickler to stats from content he hasn't developed himself, and it would be unrealistic to maintain every time there's a rebalance or update of someone else's character.

While I did change my Blaze skin's ability to match this character's, I still ultimately did it because it's a much better idea for Blaze than what I had, and people going from Blaze to MetalAnyone won't have any false expectations. The idea of doing it for the sake of perfect consistency is kinda ridiculous, I'm pretty sure my Blaze's stats don't match Metal's here.
Most of the stats are ok like they are, the only big different thing is Metal's Jump as knuckles which is 1.0 instead of 0.75(lua and fracunit can't work well with 0.75 so you'd have to use 3*facunit/4 because 3/4 is 0.75), other than that his stats are well made and the only thing that's missing is swim(which D00D hates a lot, but it's on the same level as telekinesis).
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #69
Rex The Kitsune
Annoying Purple Dude
 
Rex The Kitsune's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r543 View Post
Most of the stats are ok like they are, the only big different thing is Metal's Jump as knuckles which is 1.0 instead of 0.75(lua and fracunit can't work well with 0.75 so you'd have to use 3*facunit/4 because 3/4 is 0.75), other than that his stats are well made and the only thing that's missing is swim(which D00D hates a lot, but it's on the same level as telekinesis).
For the last time, he is not adding that damn swim ability. Stop mentioning it already. You already made your own version of the wad, just use that and the rest of us will all enjoy the official version that doesn't have swim.
__________________
Terra: i made him with my bear hands
RexTheKitsune: wait you have BEAR HANDS?

Last edited by Rex The Kitsune; 05-05-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Rex The Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #70
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
Judge
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

The entire reason why GlideClimb lacks a short jump is because... I forgot. There's modifyable code for jumpheight just sitting there, all I did was forget. I'll update eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r543 View Post
other than that his stats are well made and the only thing that's missing is swim(which D00D hates a lot, but it's on the same level as telekinesis).
For the last damn time, I am not adding swim, you CANNOT influence my decision any further, and you are outright ANNOYING me with this!

Fucking STOP it.
Christ.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #71
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?
 
Agustin1216's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
The entire reason why GlideClimb lacks a short jump is because... I forgot. There's modifyable code for jumpheight just sitting there, all I did was forget. I'll update eventually.

For the last damn time, I am not adding swim, you CANNOT influence my decision any further, and you are outright ANNOYING me with this!

Fucking STOP it.
Christ.
Well man, calm down, we'll not bother you anymore, if that's what you want. Anyway, can we change the topic of this to something more... Relevant than annoy someone to do something?
__________________
Goes by Skychan or Hareimu on the IRC, depending on my activity on there.
Agustin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #72
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
Judge
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

Oh, its not ALL of you, just him. And not just on the MB either! He pestered me for hours on IRC too!

The rest of you, you're not doing anything wrong, don't worry about it.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #73
Rex The Kitsune
Annoying Purple Dude
 
Rex The Kitsune's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Oh, its not ALL of you, just him. And not just on the MB either! He pestered me for hours on IRC too!

The rest of you, you're not doing anything wrong, don't worry about it.
I can't believe he would go that far to get an insignificant, utterly useless ability in the wad.
__________________
Terra: i made him with my bear hands
RexTheKitsune: wait you have BEAR HANDS?
Rex The Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #74
Metal Blake
Here dozes the masked clown
 
Metal Blake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Oh, its not ALL of you, just him. And not just on the MB either! He pestered me for hours on IRC too!

The rest of you, you're not doing anything wrong, don't worry about it.
I'd just say ignore him. And besides, of someone really wanted to add swim, your code is simple enough to follow that even someone with no experience in Lua (a.k.a. Me) can add in a swim ability with relative ease. In fact, I did, just so all abilities would be there.

But still, the code is easy enough to add to as is, so just ignore him, eventually his pestering may become his downfall.
Metal Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #75
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?
 
Agustin1216's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Blake View Post
just ignore him, eventually his pestering may become his downfall.
Philosopher detected. Anyway, i'd wanted to say that, too, but... I still wanna use the Swim ability on Metal Anyone, but as ol' Kirblord said, beggers can't be choosers, i guess. Changing topic, Metal Anyone is a very good tutorial of all existing abilities of the game. It serves as a very good starting character for newbies to SRB2, so... It goes directly to my favourites! (I really like him to be flashing gold when super, like ol' Metal Sonic, but with the choosed ability. Anyway, i like the transforming animation :P)
__________________
Goes by Skychan or Hareimu on the IRC, depending on my activity on there.
Agustin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #76
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

why do you even care about the swim ability

it's literally flight, for underwater segments only.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #77
Fred
Retired
 
Fred's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Warrior View Post
why do you even care about the swim ability

it's literally flight, for underwater segments only.
OCD Disorder

(watch it, if you try to correct me you're only proving me right)
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #78
Puppyfaic
 
Puppyfaic's Avatar
Default

I think the swim ability just needs to be redone and actually function like you're swimming as soon as you enter water.
Also I want to correct you so badly...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostay
Yeah fuck you too you insufferable twat.
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #79
fickleheart
gender collector
 
fickleheart's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Chaotikal View Post
OCD Disorder

(watch it, if you try to correct me you're only proving me right)
Seems like we've got some RAS Syndrome in this thread
__________________
Quote:
<@toaster> '"sonic robot explosion 2", the hot new sensation for teens looking for a good time, tempts many children away from god each year'
av src
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #80
r543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Warrior View Post
why do you even care about the swim ability

it's literally flight, for underwater segments only.
Because it's a point of the wad(show all SP abilities, the other reason to play this wad is the randomness of it) and if telekinesis gets added(which gives you almost nothing too) then why not ? The only reason why it doesn't get added is that D00D hates swim and won't accept it as a main ability, even if it's as useful as telekinesis, but I can live with that, the only reason why I even posted that screenshot was to show that swim could work but if D00D hates it and doesn't want to add it to a character that uses SP abilities then ok, it's his wad.

And it's infinite flight with waterrun, so it's not the same, even if it works like flight and is an edit of it(the same thing could be said for thok/homing with that logic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Oh, its not ALL of you, just him. And not just on the MB either! He pestered me for hours on IRC too!

The rest of you, you're not doing anything wrong, don't worry about it.
Yes,I asked you about it once, that talk was like for 5 minutes and not more, I only asked you for your reasons to not include it. If you don't want it, then don't add it to your wad.
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #81
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!
 
StarmakerJasper's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r543 View Post
And it's infinite flight with waterrun, so it's not the same, even if it works like flight and is an edit of it(the same thing could be said for thok/homing with that logic).
what

You just stated that it IS flight just by saying it's infinite flight. It's infinite flight underwater plus waterrun and that's all, much like how the homing attack is just the thok with the ability to home into enemies. In levels with no water in them at all, this is essentially like having no ability whatsoever whereas Telekinesis can actually be used quite often for dealing with enemies. I'd honestly be rather pissed to get the Swim character in Egg Rock Zone 2, where all there is enemies upon enemies and no water to speak of. I get that you just want to include every vanilla ability, but swim is just a useless ability to have in over 75% of the game. Inazuma, a character in 2.0 who uses swim, had a secondary sort of ability to spawn an Attraction Shield as he spins as the creator knew that swim wasn't always going to be useful in every given situation. If you have to make a second ability because your primary ability will almost never be used, that's a pretty bad primary ability.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon
>proceeds to throw book on floor and run around the library screaming "THE PINK IS REAL."
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.