SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

2.0 Knuckles Details »»
2.0 Knuckles
Developer Last Online: Aug 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 2.60 average)
Released: 04-15-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Characters Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

So I got bored one day when my internet went out, and then I realized that I still had 2.0 on my computer. And then there's the obvious fact that Knuckles' sprites were replaced with MotorRoach's new neat looking Knuckles sprites. I then decided to port the 2.0 Knuckles back because why not.
I was gonna add a Lua script which makes him play more like he does in 2.0, but I couldn't figure it out so I just left him the way I could do him. I did however, give him the NoSkid flag.
He also plays very similarly to how he does in 2.0, no changes.
Do enjoy this, regardless of shitty sprites, and that's all I have to say.

Download Now

File Type: zip KnuxME.zip (108.3 KB, 2893 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-23-2014   #42
CreativeMind
Making creative things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRoach View Post
Thanks for telling me you find my dedication with remaking Knuckles completely as a total waste of time.
With all art, you will always have some person (Or people) who wont like it. You cant really please everyone. I personally like Chuckles over this "2.0 Knux" and seeing it again gets me upset simply because I thought it would be gone for good.

On topic, I would say since its just a port its fine, but Chuckles is better than this so the only reason why people would download it is for nostalgic reasons. (Or those who still believe this looks better than Chuckles...)
Old 04-23-2014   #43
Rex The Kitsune
Annoying Purple Dude

This argument is incredibly silly.
Motor, your Chuckles character is much appreciated and the best looking Knuckles, if not THE prime knuckles character we've had so far.
The rest of you, it was terrible for you to be putting down Motor's hard work like that. This argument is dumb, and pointless.
Come on, guys.
Old 04-23-2014   #44
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeMind View Post
With all art, you will always have some person (Or people) who wont like it. You cant really please everyone. I personally like Chuckles over this "2.0 Knux" and seeing it again gets me upset simply because I thought it would be gone for good.

On topic, I would say since its just a port its fine, but Chuckles is better than this so the only reason why people would download it is for nostalgic reasons. (Or those who still believe this looks better than Chuckles...)
What Motor Roach meant was that he was extremely displeased with the ways that Zero disrespected his hard work, that he put together for the enjoyment of everyone. Its not like he just said "I like 2.0 Knux better", he made it seem like a shitty piece of shitty shit. Just think about the way he said it. "I think it should be named "goodknux" or "prettyknux", while obviously saying it in a way that looked down on Chuckles.
I feel for you, Motor Roach. I FEEL.
Phil the hegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014   #45
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

When a new designed Knuckles comes out in future versions, someone WILL CREATE ANOTHER Knuckles with current sprites. And so on, until there is no more redesigns. And that will be when we all transform into Bronies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the hegi View Post
I feel for you, Motor Roach. I FEEL.
I feel for you too, Motor Roach. Don't give importance, I like the current redesign of Knuckles, and if others don't, here is the wad of 2.0 Knuckles, or the 1.09.4 Chuckles, for those who want to play with them, rather than playing with the current Knuckles.

Last edited by Agustin1216; 04-25-2014 at 02:34 AM.
Agustin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014   #46
.Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
This argument is incredibly silly.
Motor, your Chuckles character is much appreciated and the best looking Knuckles, if not THE prime knuckles character we've had so far.
The rest of you, it was terrible for you to be putting down Motor's hard work like that. This argument is dumb, and pointless.
Come on, guys.
Pretty much. Zero also thought my old ShadowRE somehow still looks acceptable for today's standards, so he's got his nostalgia goggles on tight.

The overall community appreciates your outstanding work on Knuckles, Motor Roach. It's better not to acknowledge the obnoxious minority of players that think otherwise. This is something every game developer has to deal with, or ignore, laugh, and carry on. Really wish Phil Fish had learned the latter.
Old 04-25-2014   #47
RainbowDash
Fastest flyer in Equestria

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Luke View Post
Wow, I guess the whole everypony thing is an annoyance to the MLP community?
We only use it within the Brony community. It's an annoyance when using it out of the brony community, because it involves people who are not Bronies. I don't like using "everypony" outside of Brony based websites or pages.
Old 04-25-2014   #48
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

Quote:
Pretty much. Zero also thought my old ShadowRE somehow still looks acceptable for today's standards, so he's got his nostalgia goggles on tight.
I wanna see that Shadow somewhat revamped for playing in 2.1, just because I love it :D

(Although I BELIEVE I read that XSpeedgodX will bring another Shadow, I'd like to see yours for 2.1. Just to play with him again, as in 2.0)
Old 04-25-2014   #49
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

Why bring back things rather than wait for or make IMPROVED things? What's this fascination with porting old stuff that doesn't need to be ported? As you said, XSpergGodX is creating a brand new Shadow that's up to spriting standards along with well done Lua abilities that make for unique gameplay. I know you have no bad intentions here, but it's a bit ridiculous.

People need to stop the ports and create new things that are worthwhile.

Last edited by Iceman404; 04-26-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Iceman404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014   #50
BlueBlurForever
Dimpsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman404 View Post
People need to stop the ports
I brought up the subject matter before in the IRC, and I'm gonna say it again.
NOT EVERYONE HERE CAN SPRITE, AND NOT EVERYONE HERE HAS THE TIME *TO* SPRITE.
Also the fact that you're asking for shit way too soon than needed.
BlueBlurForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014   #51
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlurForever View Post
That's not relevant to 2.0 Knuckles or SpideyKnux, because we literally have a vastly superior version already inside the game. I'd be fine with ports if most of them were of stuff that was actually pretty good. Like Hinote, or Jasper even. Most of these are honestly kinda bleh.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014   #52
CreativeMind
Making creative things

Quote:
Its fine if not everyone here can sprite, but atleast it would be nice to make the attempt. (But not a ugly recolor, something original) Also, some people could learn or look up some tutorials, anything helps.
As for time, you can take all the time you want to sprite, your not getting paid to make a Wad or anything, so feel free to take as much time as you need. The more time you take the better the result is.
Old 04-25-2014   #53
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense

I want to port hinote so bad, but im not sure if hinote would let me...
Phil the hegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014   #54
742mph
My work is never done yet

Quote:
Beat you to it, sorry.
Old 04-25-2014   #55
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

Quote:
I wanna play again with Hinote, too. It was my favourite character above all. (Now including ShadowRE and Jetty-Syns.)
Old 04-26-2014   #56
.Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742mph View Post
Beat you to it, sorry.
So does that mean you're porting it? I tried porting her unnofficially to hold me over until an official one, when I got 2.1, but I only got as far as getting everything else but her ability working. Since I know nothing of socks, converting that thing to work manually would have been insane, so I gave up.

She's my favorite character in the game, and the only one I ever use, besides vanilla Tails. Hinote's just plain cute, her ability is great for leaping out of the water, and she's loaded with personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlurForever
Jeez, were you angry when you wrote that? Those bold tags are making my eyes bleed, so I won't dignify that with a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin1216
I wanna see that Shadow somewhat revamped for playing in 2.1, just because I love it :D

(Although I BELIEVE I read that XSpeedgodX will bring another Shadow, I'd like to see yours for 2.1. Just to play with him again, as in 2.0)
Every time a ShadowRE fan likes ShadowRE, a poor witch's potion experiment backfires on her, causing her to burst into flames and scream, "I'M MELTING".

In all seriousness, if you want to use ShadowRE, just port it over yourself and use it privately, it's not hard. He's simply too terrifying next to today's standards for releasing publically again, it's not happening.

I mean, I didn't even want him released on the official MB in 2.0's hayday. It was supposed to be a WADBase exclusive deal so at least some people wouldn't complain a port didn't exist, but I didn't bother explaining that to Snipe, so he released my ports on both boards indiscriminately.
Old 04-26-2014   #57
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

Quote:
In all seriousness, if you want to use ShadowRE, just port it over yourself and use it privately, it's not hard. He's simply too terrifying next to today's standards for releasing publically again, it's not happening.
Well, i'll port it personally to resist the urge to play with the "New Shadow" of XSpeedGodX. (If it is true he is creating it, and is not just a rumor I read for a moment.) Thanks anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote:
It's true. You don't always have time to be doing 8 sprites of each character animation. Maybe we should... I dunno... port a few characters to entertain ourselves while new characters arrive, equipping them with some new skills using "LUA's Magic"?
It's just an idea I had.
Old 04-26-2014   #58
The Zero Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin1216 View Post
Well, i'll port it personally to resist the urge to play with the "New Shadow" of XSpeedGodX.
Good luck. I sure know it was quite hard for me to get all 10 running frames to display, without resetting the animation whenever one'd fall off a ledge while running, and then landing again. And somehow it doesn't even work properly while Super...? Anyway, I would send you mine, but, well, .Luke doesn't want that, and I respect that.

Last edited by The Zero Team; 04-26-2014 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Changed "work while Super" to "work properly while Super"
The Zero Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #59
Kfcnyancat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRoach View Post
This and all of your other posts in this thread are seriously the most pretentious things I've read so far in this forum in 2014. It's far worse than everything I've read when Chuckles was confirmed to be in 2.1 back on the 2.1 hype thread. It's just beyond disrespectful.

I seriously don't know what else to tell you. Thanks for telling me you find my dedication with remaking Knuckles completely as a total waste of time.
It wasn't. Even though I and this guy prefer 2.0's Knux, most people seem to prefer Chuckles. Majority rules, right?
Kfcnyancat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #60
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zero Team View Post
Good luck. I sure know it was quite hard for me to get all 10 running frames to display, without resetting the animation whenever one'd fall off a ledge while running, and then landing again. And somehow it doesn't even work properly while Super...? Anyway, I would send you mine, but, well, .Luke doesn't want that, and I respect that.
Thanks, i already ported it, and..... It works. No, really, i had problems with his running sprites, but already solved that. I didn't tested him as Super, but hey, im playing in SP, not in MP. Nothing more to say, i'm playing with it.