SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Sylveon - With new sprites. Details »»
Sylveon - With new sprites.
Developer Last Online: Oct 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (6 votes - 4.17 average)
Released: 05-14-2015 Last Update: 05-30-2015 Installs: 1
Characters SOCs Scripts Sprites/Graphics

Yes! Yes! Here it is! ... Where are you all? ...Why the fuck did you put only ONE star? ...Because I made it? I love you too <3
Sylveon decided to get out of SRB2MD because it told me it didn't want to wait. So yeah.

In all seriousness; Sylveon has some custom abilities to make it unique compared to the vanilla characters. So, what can it do then?

Double Jump ability: Moonjump

Works just like TF2, it propels Sylveon in the air to a decent speed, allowing to get close to Sonic's! However, be aware that it will hurt you by 5 HPs . It also leaves a fancy smoke trail behind your burning butt!

CUSTOM1: Moonblast

It's a projectile that explodes. Cool story, huh?!

SPIN (while jumping): LightScreen

A kind of instashield that gives a 0.25 second invulnerability, allowing to cheese out projectiles and ERZ lasers! Unlike Sonic 3 (and probably Fucking Sonic's) instashield, it won't send back projectiles, just stop them.

Boredoom Animation: Rest
In case Sylv' needs some HPs to continue its robot genocide, it can always take a nap to regain HPs! You get 1 HP every 2 seconds by waiting.

SPIN (Standing): QuickAttack

Hold spin and smash forward to charge it, it will give you a momentum boost that lasts as long as you don't go below your normal top speed or jump. It won't destroy enemies, but will destroy bustable walls.

SPIN (Walking/Running): Slide

Press spin while moving to slide, it will allow you to go under tight spaces and damage enemies.

Advantages and disadvantages compared to other characters:

+) Sylveon uses an HP system, making it even more harder to kill than other characters!
+) The Moonjump is damn useful when used correctly.
+) Sylveon can turn Super by itself in Single Player and Co-Op.

-) Sylveon in overall is slow and is pretty useless when it's out of HPs and cannot use Moonjump anymore.
-) The Quick Attack does not damage the enemies, making it act more like a peel out than a spindash used to go through enemies.

Now the pratical question is:
"Is Sylveon cappable of beating the SP campaign?!"

The awnser is yes. Make good use of your abiltiies, and you should be okay!
Most custom levels can be completed too, the only exception being Toaster's Glacier Gear, as Sylveon cannot go farther than that one door that makes the player go in the 2D section. That's too bad, because I like this level =/

Have fun with that WAD, and don't forget to leave feedback for further versions. Go easy on me if it's about sprites, those are already a miracle from my standpoint.

Known glitches / issues:
1) Some problems related to the slide on platform moving upward.
2) The Slide shrinks the eventual carried shield.

Special Thanks to LJ Sonik and Zipper for the help with the script.

Download Now

File Type: rar Sylveon.rar (88.5 KB, 2753 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-25-2015   #42
"Lat'"
Stop it

Super frames are now a thing!

Spoiler: Gif

...Don't mind the frames offset, gonna fix that.

Release planned for tomorrow.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015   #43
"Lat'"
Stop it

Default Sylveon renamed to Fleshbows

Today is my birthday.
And instead of recieving gifts, I'm making one.

...Okay no one cares :< *gets shot*

Anyway, here it is, the least hyped update that manages to make something that somehow got 4 stars out of 5 (Miracle indeed) even worse than it was!

General changes
-Sylv- I mean FLESHBOWS now has new, and hopefully better sprites, with a darker shade of pink.

-Talking about Fleshbows, I decided to give him a name. Just because I felt like doing it.

-Moonjump was nerfed, it gives less vertical and horizontal momentums than it used to do.

-LightScreen has been moved to SPIN while JUMPING, and functions like an instashield. Giving a 0.25 second invulnerability

-Quick Attack now requires to smash "FORWARD" while pressing spin to charge up, and leaves a fancy 2.2 ish charging dust behind it. It will no longer force the player to thrust, and will cancel ONLY if the player goes below the normal running speed or jumps. It will not hurt enemies anymore but still destroys walls.

-Super Fleshbows now has a full sheet of recolored sprites. Much like 2.2.

Fixes

-Fixed a problem related to Fleshbows getting stuck when hanging something after a MoonJump.

-Fixed everything related to Quick Attack charge oddity.

-Hopefully fixed abilities sometimes getting unusable in Multiplayer (FTW?)

-Fixed still making smoke underwater.

-Fixed everything related to reversed gravity.

Go ahead and click the download on the op if you want.
Now if you excuse me, I have a birthday to celebrate before Speedwagon releases his Shadow to... shadow my post *gets shot by Speedwagon*

Last edited by "Lat'"; 06-26-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-26-2015   #44
Zipper
Soulja boy I tell 'em
Judge

First of all, happy birthday. Second ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
Today is my birthday.
And instead of recieving gifts, I'm making one.

...Okay no one cares :< *gets shot*

Now if you excuse me, I have a birthday to celebrate before Speedwagon releases his Shadow to... shadow my post *gets shot by Speedwagon*
As someone who has negative self-esteem, this shit is super annoying. Your continuous self deprecation in EVERY post does not make you more approachable, just more irritating.

For the wad itself, I guess it's decent.(Didn't bother to go super, though the Lua implies some changes) Moonjump is literally a worse double jump, with a cost to boot. Light Screen reminds me of KO.T.E's force shield ability from 2.0, as in, they're both extremely niche and might as well not be there. judging by the sizes of projectiles in this game, this'll only be useful in Azure Temple or if someone makes a Lethal League simulator or something.

Quick Attack is...pretty nice, I mean it's Super Peel-Out, you can't go wrong with Super Peel-Out.

Moonblast is a bomb ring. That's it. I'd rather hop and bop, but I can't complain about ranged options.

Overall not a wad that I'd go out of my way to use,though I can say the same of every non-level wad released here, so that's not an insult or anything. The sprites feel a little static, there isn't much change between animations, so you might want to work on that.

Lastly, fleshbows is literally the worst name ever oh my god
Old 06-26-2015   #45
"Lat'"
Stop it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
First of all, happy birthday. Second ;

As someone who has negative self-esteem, this shit is super annoying. Your continuous self deprecation in EVERY post does not make you more approachable, just more irritating.
Thanks, and blame me for totally failling making irony. I tried 2 times. Never again, then. ...My usertitle makes sense, at least. :>

Quote:
For the wad itself, I guess it's decent.(Didn't bother to go super, though the Lua implies some changes)
Blame me again, I kinda suck at Lua. It still does what it's supposed to do.

Quote:
Moonjump is literally a worse double jump, with a cost to boot.
A shitton of people complained about it being "way too OP" ...So, I nerfed it. Apparently a bit too much for your taste.

Quote:
Light Screen reminds me of KO.T.E's force shield ability from 2.0, as in, they're both extremely niche and might as well not be there. judging by the sizes of projectiles in this game, this'll only be useful in Azure Temple or if someone makes a Lethal League simulator or something.
Even tough I kinda agree that it seems useless, it's still pretty useful if you don't want to bother with ERZ lasers or circling spikeballs etc.

Quote:
Moonblast is a bomb ring. That's it. I'd rather hop and bop, but I can't complain about ranged options.
You mean something like a lob shot? ...I didn't quite get what you were saying... and the translators are making things even worse.

Quote:
The sprites feel a little static, there isn't much change between animations, so you might want to work on that.
I'm aware about the sprites, and I'll try to do something about it.

Quote:
Lastly, fleshbows is literally the worst name ever oh my god
You're actually the first one to complain about it. Other guys found it "funny" at the first place (When I was doing some "plsdownloadandtest" online shit.) so I decided to leave it here.
Old 06-26-2015   #46
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Other people might as well have found the name funny because they probably feel that the whole idea of Sylveon having flesh bows is a funny meme. For those not aware, this kind of joke had been pulled out very often when it came to Sylveon.

But yes, I personally think it's a terrible name as well.
Old 06-26-2015   #47
"Lat'"
Stop it

Hey! It's still my birthday for 6 minutes!
Let me make you another gift! (I already had mine, Shadow pls <3)
This update contains the fellowing shit:

-Reverted the name back to Sylveon. So no one will complaint about it :>
-Fixed instances with Multiplayer (for real this time)
-Moonjump retrieved its good old stats.

...Well that's it.
I gotta make another pointless video on this too.
Old 07-02-2015   #48
"Lat'"
Stop it

Oh excuse me, here is a small bugfix nobody really cares about, but well, it's still here.

Fixes
-Fixed a problem involving the LUA_DUST and LUA_SHIN hooks not working properly in Multiplayer, a bit like the abilities did.
-Fixed the player being allowed to constantly use the InstaScreen while being spinned by a Circling Mace or in a Waterslide.

New / Changes
-Sylveon now has hurt messages made specially for Moonjump (Yes, it can hit things) and Moonblast.
-The Quick Attack doesn't require to be completly standstill in order to be able to charge up anymore, it will now tolerate a speed up to 1*FRACUNIT, much like vanilla spindash does.

On an irrevelant note, I updated the main post with new a description.
Though I was lazy to re-record gifs, so I just removed them.
Old 07-21-2015   #49
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Just tried to play through the single player campaign with Sylveon, I had fun! Although I got stuck at Red Volcano Zone.

Turns out Sylveon can't complete the secret path, the slide can't break monitors so the player gets permenantly stuck there.

Battlenet tag: Whackjood#2732 (Europe)
"The Creeps" (1941)
Whackjood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015   #50
"Lat'"
Stop it

Welp, I completly forgot about RVZ while making the Slide.
I'll fix that asap along with another issue that kinda bugs me.
Old 07-24-2015   #51
PingasPingas7
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
Welp, I completly forgot about RVZ while making the Slide.
I'll fix that asap along with another issue that kinda bugs me.
A Quick Work Around Would Be making the Moonblast break monitor's
PingasPingas7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015   #52
Messias the Werehog
My new acc is "救世主 Messiah"

you used the Lua to give zoom the camera, but I think it was used for the setting of decreasing character. then when you squat and a camera fixed in character when resets the map, Sylveon this giant.
so the bug and realized in single player. Other than that everything normal.

Very good wad of Sylveon character, I liked him very much.

Old 09-16-2015   #53
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messias the Werehog View Post
you used the Lua to give zoom the camera, but I think it was used for the setting of decreasing character. then when you squat and a camera fixed in character when resets the map, Sylveon this giant.
so the bug and realized in single player. Other than that everything normal.

Very good wad of Sylveon character, I liked him very much.

I'm noticing that you're using another wad with it, maybe that is the problem?
Arcade Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015   #54
ThatAwesomeGuy173
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcade Gamer View Post
I'm noticing that you're using another wad with it, maybe that is the problem?
It's not. I was able to reproduce the issue with no other wads added.

Spoiler: gif
ThatAwesomeGuy173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015   #55
MosaicMario
Possessed User Title

It is also possible, that you're unable to move after restarting the stage for some reason.
Old 03-28-2016   #56
PSI Pikachu
AKA Tex Dreemurr

Another advantage that I really like is that rings heal you. I like it because some people (including me) are impatient and can't afford to wait for HP regain. Ex: If there is a time limit, or your surrounded by enemies and you can't stay still for long.
PSI Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016   #57
Zero_the_artificial
A Weavile Enthusiast

I instantly checked the thread because I thought this great WAD got an update.
I was wrong.

please don't bump extremely old threads
Old 05-20-2016   #58
MosaicMario
Possessed User Title

It seems that 2.1.15 broke Sylveon too in some way. If you charge up your speed it will print out this warning in the console. But the character still behaves the same as he did in 2.1.14.
and sorry for that bump
Old 05-23-2016   #59
SSG3
A big fan of Amy rn

2.1.15 has backwards-compatibility with 2.1.14's Lua, meaning anything used before in 2.1.14 will print out a warning ONCE in 2.1.15 to show that it'll become unsupported in 2.2's release. It's not a bug Lat's end, it's just the changes in SRB2's Lua Scripting Interface which is causing this.

But still, I agree this should be updated for 2.2/2.1.15 so it doesn't spit out an error/warning like that.
SSG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016   #60
MosaicMario
Possessed User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG3 View Post
2.1.15 has backwards-compatibility with 2.1.14's Lua, meaning anything used before in 2.1.14 will print out a warning ONCE in 2.1.15 to show that it'll become unsupported in 2.2's release. It's not a bug Lat's end, it's just the changes in SRB2's Lua Scripting Interface which is causing this.

But still, I agree this should be updated for 2.2/2.1.15 so it doesn't spit out an error/warning like that.
Got it! Well I don't mind that error as it only spits it out once in a game. I can deal with that.

But I think that this is not a intended behavior and I also don't think that this was possible in 2.1.14:
Spoiler: