SRB2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SVN

srb21103 said:
OK, then where could I get a copy of the stuff that is on SVN without going onto SVN?

Look it's late, 12:29AM EST really?, how do I get food without paying for it?

I'll ask Alam to see if he can set up ViewVC on a subdirectory at http://code.srb2.org, he may do it, he may not and just sleep, ignoring your cries for help.

Re: SVN

I know he's temp'd, but I can't resist this...

srb21103 said:
And Yes, SVN does = FTP because it is hosted on Apache as HTTP, FTP. SVN just means that you are accessing it a special way to do with changing files and stuff.

*facepalm* The SVN has nothing to do with Apache, it's just that code.srb2.org is setup in DirectAdmin as a domain, with a public_html directory...

srb21103 said:
Look, I know 'dis stuff. SVN is just a special way of managing files. You could still use FTP or HTTP to access them, it's just that the SVN features wouldn't work because you are not using SVN.

I lol'd. If you "know 'dis stuff" then why are you spewing crap like this? If you were to alter the files over FTP the entire repository would crap up because SVN doesn't like you altering the files without the use of a commit.

Also, you're not getting a username and password, only trusted coders of major modifications (as well as those working on SRB2 itself, or a side project such as SRB2 Builder) get a username and password.

Thank you, good sir, your ignorance has cheered me up.

Yerm. Well that was an amusing read. Allow me to kill the party with an intelligent question: is there any kind of guide to compiling (with MinGW) beyond what's included in the readme? If not, I might begin spewing questions of my own. I'm checked out and good to go, just trying to get over the initial config hump.

For compiling for Win32 on a native Win32 system
For DirectX/FMOD build:
Code:
make MINGW=1
For SDL version, add SDL=1
Code:
make MINGW=1 SDL=1
static builds of libpng and zlib of MSVC6 are inculded in the SRB2Src109.exe and trunk, the ALAM branch have Mingw version of them.

DEBUGMODE for a binary to debug with GNU gdb
PROFILEMODE for a profile build
WARNINGMODE for added a alot of -W warnings flags
ERRORMODE to add -Werror to make warnings errors (stop build on any warnings)
NOPNG for no libpng
NOHW for no OpenGL/hardware support
etc..etc...

Heh. I'll take that as a "No, but since we don't get terrible many annoyingly clueless coders, I'll be glad to offer some advice."

So, it appears I need Nasm, and possibly DirectX, as I seem to recall OGL support is on the way out (?).

Meanwhile, since MSYS is bit unwieldy, I also imported the Dev project into Code::Blocks and am trying to get that working. That's where I'm getting whining about DirectX, as well as a few multiple definitions (logstream as int and void*, GlidePatch_t in w_wad.h and hw_data.h) I'm trying to sort out whilst wondering precisely why I'm getting them...

In any case, thanks for the help. I'll let you know how I make out.

Cheezmeister said:
Meanwhile, since MSYS is bit unwieldy, I also imported the Dev project into Code::Blocks and am trying to get that working. That's where I'm getting whining about DirectX, as well as a few multiple definitions (logstream as int and void*, GlidePatch_t in w_wad.h and hw_data.h) I'm trying to sort out whilst wondering precisely why I'm getting them...

SRB2 is based on Doom Legacy, their first handware render was Glide, so heh

you neeed to add some defines, GlidePatch_t is defiled as void* when NOHW is defined( and also, do not try to compile the hardware files when NOHW in on), logstream is int for DOS/SDL to use with open,write,close the log file
BUT for Win32, it is defined as HANDLE, to use Win32 CreateFile, WriteFile and CloseHandle.... why? so we can close the log file if MSVCRT gets messed up...

(note: I hate IDEs)

Haha, I won't argue, but there's not much choice if you want things to run on Windows, much less cross-platform. It's a miracle we at least have MinGW.

Religious beliefs aside, it's going well. After I realized I had to add a w to nasm.exe for it to be recognized >_>, all compiled, now I just have to find libpng to link in (EDIT: or just build with NOPNG :/). In the IDE department, just had to refrain from compiling the DX specific files :). Now it appears gcc takes issue with some of the assembly:

mingw32-gcc.exe -Os -ID:\MyDocs\FREEWARE\SDL\include -IC:\MinGW\include -c "D:\PC Games\Sonic Robo Blast 2\svn\trunk\src\vid_copy.s" -o ..\..\objs\Mingw\SDL\vid_copy.o
D:\PC Games\Sonic Robo Blast 2\svn\trunk\src\vid_copy.s: Assembler messages:
D:\PC Games\Sonic Robo Blast 2\svn\trunk\src\vid_copy.s:37: Error: invalid character '(' in mnemonic

It also doesn't like the four //comments after the registers. Any idea why this might be? I'm not really familiar with ASM--perhaps it's trying to assemble another flavor?

This is a freaking complicated build system. I wish I had a diagram or something, heheh. How much of this belongs to SRB2 itself (as opposed to carrying over from Doom)?

you are using the wrong command on that file, see
http://trac.srb2.org/browser/SRB21094/trunk/src/sdl/Srb2SDL.dev#L1702
the build rule for that is "$(CC) -g $(CXXFLAGS) -x assembler-with-cpp -c ../vid_copy.s -o ../../objs/Mingw/SDL/vid_copy.o"

tmap.nas has a custom build rule too.

also, you are missing alot of needed parameters, my guess is the binary that is going to come out will be using the dummy interface, that just start and exit.

Ah, I see. Yeah, the Dev to C::B import was imperfect. I had no idea project files were in plaintext though; that makes my life easier! Think I'm good to go now, so thanks for the help; you folks are really on the ball. Kudos!

Re: SVN FTP

srb21103 said:
Thanks Cue and LoganA!
Finally, someone gives me some answers.

And the amazing thing is, I only picked holes in what he said, I didn't help him in any way. :)

Help

Cue, you helped me by telling me this:

Also, you're not getting a username and password, only trusted coders of major modifications (as well as those working on SRB2 itself, or a side project such as SRB2 Builder) get a username and password.

And, by that, do you mean people such as yourself?

Re: Help

srb21103 said:
Cue, you helped me by telling me this:

And, by that, do you mean people such as yourself?
Well you don't need a username and password to take out a copy of the code, Alam and I only give accounts to the ones that need to upload changes onto the svn server.

I use Internet Explorer 6, and it says I have to login, even when I try to login annonymously. (Sorry for the (new word comming:) misspellage)

srb21103 said:
I use Internet Explorer 6, and it says I have to login, even when I try to login annonymously. (Sorry for the (new word comming:) misspellage)

*faceplam* learn to read and understand
LoganA said:
(note: svn:// is not a URL you use into a web browser, it's for subversion clients)
from the first post of this topic.

No SVN.

But I can't use SVN!
Don't YOU understand!
I want to use either FTP or HTTP
to download the SRB2 source code,
preferably FTP. It IS possible.

SVN

But I can't because I can't install it because I don't have administrative privileges and because I can't get them! Provide me with a portable SVN client and problem fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back