Some questions (linedef executors, things)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
犬夜叉;762201 said:
Passes the pushable object to the linedef executor list. Requires a player to be passed to it to do anything. Seriously, what the hell are you expecting it to do?

Seriously, this is a help section. It's obvious that there are going to be noob questions here. I'm sorry that I'm not as experienced with this as you are, but there's really no reason to swear at me just because I didn't think about this. I didn't see the info quoted above on the wiki, and that's almost the only place I use for getting information on Srb2 editing.
Yes, you are right, I was trying to do some kind of gargoyle box and forgot that the player isn't awarded with a power up then because it's not him triggering the linedef executor.

List what flags you are using, and if a tag is set, because some don't work without a player being the triggering object.

Tag = 0
I had no flags checked until Neo Chaotikal told me to try checking the noclimb flag. Both didn't work.

I had no flags checked until Neo Chaotikal told me to try checking the noclimb flag. Both didn't work.

Check Effect 4, that makes it play for everyone from 'nowhere'. No-climb makes it play from 'nowhere' as well, but only specifically for the player that triggered it. And, well, see the previous stuff.

Have you tried checking the "play sound for everyone, from nowhere" flag? (whichever it was)
犬夜叉;762209 said:
Check Effect 4, that makes it play for everyone from 'nowhere'.
Yeah, sorry bub. I agree that Inu could've had a little more tact, but no one is obligated to try and help you if you're not willing to do basic wiki research.

Anyway, long story short, you're not hearing the sound because it's playing inside a gargoyle's head, and you're not also getting the power up because a gargoyle is stealing it.

Watch out for those gargoyles, man. They have it in for you.

Yeah, sorry bub. I agree that Inu could've had a little more tact, but no one is obligated to try and help you if you're not willing to do basic wiki research.

by me:
on the wiki, and that's almost the only place I use for getting information on Srb2 editing.
Pardon?
As stated above in the quote, I almost solely use the wiki to solve the many problems I encounter while creating levels, and only post here if I really don't know what to do anymore. Now I know the problem, thanks,that's why I posted. Everybody makes mistakes.

Regarding the flags, yeah, it's my fault, I misread and checked noclimb instead of effect 4. I'm not a native speaker/reader, so that can happen aswell.

Watch out for those gargoyles, man. They have it in for you.
Yeah, I noticed that by now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back