Fixed An odd glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Tag mode, I have noticed that a lot of people glitch their way to victory in Infernal Cavern Zone... They somehow find a way to become invincible and just "float" harmlessly of lava forever without dying... They also are stuck in their pain-state animation as well.
Now, I myself could not achieve this in that zone. However, in a wad that I am working on, I managed to accomplish this by flying up as Tails to the ceiling and hugged the ceiling to hit a continuously falling platform that is 32 fracunits thick. Well, I flew to the ceiling and hugged the part of the ceiling that the FOF fell from after it fell, the This platform was a linedef 120 (Water, Opaque) and the control sector had effect 3 (Damage, Fire). Also, I had another 120 type sector on the bottom of the room, with the same sector effect.
Since the people in tag mode achieved the same results in a different way, then I am guessing that they flew up to the ceiling and touched one of the lava falls or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that glitch. The glitch is known by many players and is often used in Infernal Cavern Zone especially during Tag to prevent the IT player from tagging them. It's pretty annoying actually. The way to do the glitch is by doing it in the room with the Rail Ring Panel. Around there, there are Flame Jets that shoot horizontally. If you notice carefully, you see that those flame jets are coming out of an opening in the wall. Players get in that opening and wait for the flame jet to hit them. My guess is that due to the ceiling height being so low, when the player receives damage, they go into the pain state but don't have enough room to return back to their normal state allowing them to stay and move in their pain state. That's just what I think. The glitch can be done in other places in the same level but it's much easier to do it in that one room.

Finally this glitch has been reported. When players avoid getting hit before their hide-time runs out, they use the flamethrower near the rails, so they would stay in the pain state and no one can harm them. There's a couple of useful ways to get them out of there though, happens a lot in 'ENDLESS TAG' when there aren't any admins around. If you're not IT, and your fellow player does it, you can fly them out of there, and they will take damage from the lava. Teleport can be useful too, except the fact that it hurts someone in his or her place. You can also do the glitch where the first elemental shield appears near the two ring boxes. Server/Admins could also simply just serverchangeteam [node] it, but it would cause a c-fail most of the time. Also, exiting the level is also a good idea.

I know that glitch is annoying like pffffffff... I don't even wanna say it. But still if that glitvh could be fixed for 2.1 version that would be great.

Finally this glitch has been reported. When players avoid getting hit before their hide-time runs out, they use the flamethrower near the rails, so they would stay in the pain state and no one can harm them. There's a couple of useful ways to get them out of there though, happens a lot in 'ENDLESS TAG' when there aren't any admins around. If you're not IT, and your fellow player does it, you can fly them out of there, and they will take damage from the lava. Teleport can be useful too, except the fact that it hurts someone in his or her place. You can also do the glitch where the first elemental shield appears near the two ring boxes. Server/Admins could also simply just serverchangeteam [node] it, but it would cause a c-fail most of the time. Also, exiting the level is also a good idea.

The only way I can think of avoiding it is forcing a WAD on players to skip Infernal Cavern; but that's no fun. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back