Loop creation... maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to create a loop using currents like this: forward, upward, backward, down, and foward. If it is possible to make the currents invisible you probably could fake a loop...

No, since then you'd be stuck in that loop for God knows how long going forward, up, back, down, forward, up, back, down, forward....

i know how to make a loop, but its un playable. its nice to see in srb2 though, make VERY THIN stairs, and alot of them, then make them attach to a large rectangle shooting up, then fof time, then back down again... i confuse myself sometimes... X.X

Did you know the words "practical" and "practicable" don't mean the same thing? Anything that can be done and is worth doing is practical. Anything that can be done, whether or not it is worth doing, is practicable.

Making loops using tons of currents and FOFs is practicable. It is probably not practical. It would take forever to design and not function very well. Feel free to prove me wrong, if you'd like.

How would loops contribute to the gameplay though, hmm? The Sonic Team 3D games have shown us that they do nothing but provide a stupid visual effect. "Look at me! I running through loops! Just like in the old games!" Umm, no, because in the old games, loops had realistic physics, and they provided a means in which Sonic could increase his momentum and speed by running through them.

So yeah, what a441 said.

No, no, the loop itself should be made using currents (not wind) so that you DO get a boost of speed, but not a speed pad boost of speed. It is possable, it is not too easy, but it is possable, and it could work well depending on how you design it and where it's placed. I could try to make one using simple square blocks I guess, but I don't care.

good news.... it worked......... i, i didnt use currents or anything... actually, i did it kinda cheap, i added sasrb2.wad and just placed rings in the loop i made and then did lightdash. heh, it worked though! :P

No sh- Darn, I gotta stop saying that. Of course it worked, but that way sucks, especially for the fact that you can't even make a map header and need to use SA-SRB2 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back