Hosting on LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
Hey, I was wondering does anyone know how to make a LAN server on SRB2? My friend and I want to play and we just can't figure it out.

I think it might be broken. Instead of clicking "Join (LAN)," you click "Join (INTERNET)," and click the lan server.

Hey, I was wondering does anyone know how to make a LAN server on SRB2? My friend and I want to play and we just can't figure it out.

If you like to host a LAN play server. You both first need to be connected to the same wifi. Then while you both are connected, one of you host. You might have to Port forward to make it possible to host. And after the game starts, give it a minute, and let your friend click on LAN option in muitiplayer. Your server should show up. Now if your LAN server does not show up. Your next option to host a private game, is to host it by IP. Send your IP from this link to your friend.

Whatmyip

That will give you the IP that your PC uses, now give it to your friend.

Host a game with advertising off. And let your friend connect to you though the IP option in muitiplayer. You also need to Portforward to make it possible to connect, Since you are using the internet to do so.

IIRC you don't need to Port Forward for a LAN game, just host normally and have your friend hit the Join Game (LAN) button.

If it's not working for you, then you might have to tell your friend your IP Address. Then he should hit Join Game (IP Address). After pressing it, he should type in the IP Address.

It does work Speed, I've hosted a 6 player game over LAN with family quite a feel times. So its not broken at all.

I just tell my family to go through (INTERNET) instead of (LAN) and it still works for me. Whenever I click (LAN), it always freezes on me. I tried it on multiple computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back