Error when trying to use OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

I got a new laptop a few months ago that actually supports OpenGL, and I've been using it a lot for my MD2 models, but today, it suddenly stopped working.
SRB2 gives me an error when I use SRB2Net to enter OpenGL:
LoadLibrary() FAILED : couldn't load 'r_opengl.dll'
Please help me.

Thanks, i'll try that.
EDIT: Didn't work.
EDIT2: It also says "Error initializing OpenGL"

Last edited:
It recently started doing this to me too, randomly.
Sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't, and when it does, it does until I reboot.
Unless I run Minecraft, then SRB2 actually starts working without rebooting, weirdly enough.

Any idea why this is happening? Anyone?
I'd like to be able to play SRB2 in OpenGL mode as I currently cannot run it in Software, but this error keeps popping up and preventing me from doing so, and it's started doing that every time I try running SRB2, now.

Open GL Support was Dropped quite a while ago.

My only suggestion is get an Opengl mod like SRB2 Community build

Open GL Support was Dropped quite a while ago.

I know OpenGL is unsupported but I'd like to at least know why it's doing this, since a similar thread received a response a while ago.
I can understand the developers probably don't want to be bothered with more OpenGL bugs to fix, but we're talking about getting it to work here...

My only suggestion is get an Opengl mod like SRB2 Community build

Too bad you cannot play online games unless others host a server using the same mod (or join yours).

Well that's just it.

the other guy didn't get an answer to their problem either.

You see, the team is actually leaving Opengl support behind and working more on software mode including bringing in some inprovements from opengl mode

If there may be some other applications such as, maybe your web browser (If it's google chrome or any other web browser) open and running, try closing them and try re-opening SRB2 in openGL.

If that doesn't fix it, but you have other programs open except your web browser, try closing them all and try going in SRB2 openGL again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back