Visual Representation of Cyber Space (DigitalBonus.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonGodX

Ok, this is a basic texture test for a "real" project I'm working on.
All this does is replace the textures in the Special Stages to make them look like they were in "cyber space" or a "digital" world. It's pretty simple, but I'm sure somebody will get a kick out of it. Some of the textures are pretty darn ugly but they're mainly used as placeholders until I can make some better ones. Please submit your suggestions, so I can improve the actual version being used in the project I'm working on.
EDIT: Try playing multiplayer Tag or Match on these levels. (Or, as I call it, Digital Tag.) (Thanks to AcidTails for the awesome name! ^^) Things can get really chaotic with these new textures. If you load up Mystic Realm, it disables the "Time Left" counter, allowing holding netgames easier. Don't try playing this on the actual Mystic Realm level though... OH, THE UGLINESS!
Binary FTW!!!!11one
Screenies:

Get it here:
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/prog2z <
Note: This is my final "minor release" until my secret project is done.

Nice texture editing. I like the idea, it kind of reminds me of the Digital levels in Shadow the Hedgehog. 10/10.

Should i suggest the "ALL YOUR RINGS ARE BLEONG TO US!!!" Texture on the final emerald challenge?

It looks like it would be hard to tell the difference between the platforms and the background in some cases (particularly the fourth picture).

A cool idea CrimsonGodX.

That looks like it'd be painful on the eyes without Trilinear. :P

Aside from that, interesting idea. I remember someone doing something similar to this, except that it was all wireframe.

Hey, If you feel like redoing this, some of the Plaforms could be Translucent. It would be MUCH cooloer with some of the tiles you added =3

I'm getting the feeling people will make even more digital stuff after this. Digital Sonic, Digital SRB2, you call it.

Anyway, looks quite nice. First map isn't all that great, but its getting better later.

=3 I've been holding my hand on a Cyber Level Myself... It never got anywhere though after Syko Base got started. It was going to be a usage of Translucent Red FOFs... Seeing as there appears to be no way to make the Actual Sector Transparent.

Try giving it a tad more shading, and lower the amount of contrast by a little. It looks painful just looking at it with those screens. >.<
Otherwise, neat idea. Might work nicely if somebody got some techno music and made a level out of it.

Torgo said:
It looks like it would be hard to tell the difference between the platforms and the background in some cases (particularly the fourth picture).
FoxBlitzz said:
That looks like it'd be painful on the eyes without Trilinear. :P
True Hyper Sonic said:
It's really nice. Although the background kinda makes the floors hard to see.
Spazzo said:
Try giving it a tad more shading, and lower the amount of contrast by a little. It looks painful just looking at it with those screens. >.<
Otherwise, neat idea. Might work nicely if somebody got some techno music and made a level out of it.
Believe it or not, I actually did want people to get confused and miss some of the platforms. The whole idea of my secret wad project (including the Special Stages) is to make the game considerably harder. I am quite glad that I'm getting the desired effect. In the future, I will be changing some textures around because some of them look horrible. Thanks for the good reviews. I didn't quite think anybody would like this one too much. I might be posting an updated version in a few days. It should correct some of the problems in this version.
EDIT: I find it a bit funny, even my eyes start hurting after awhile when playing this.

Hmm, I like the concept of a "digitial realm", but your way of presenting this is, erm, ugly? You might want to add more detail to the textures. It just feels, bland. I don't mind you mixing patterns to confuse the player, but at least make them nice and detailed textures.

Yeah, I think the sky backdrops need to be darkened and not have those clashing colors in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back