Toddler girl kills self with .308; Parents readily blame Wiimote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I don't like the idea of the Wii using controllers in the shape of real guns. and what's worse is that the mother didn't tell her daughter that the gun wasn't a Wii remote and that she shouldn't touch it.

Because a GIANT WHITE PIECE OF PLASTIC NOT AT ALL LIKE METAL is sooooo close to a real gun in terms of look and feel.

41%2B3exXwqJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The white gives it a way.. and this is only released in Europe.

This is very sad... I mean, seriously, a stepfather leaving a loaded gun in reach of a 3 year old toddler? And the mother doing nothing to stop the toddler? That is just simply stupid.

Jeez, the excuses parents come up with these days.

What do you expect from a community that humans provide? Idiots leave the toilet with crap inside all the time. People also leave their keys in the car and the door locked while the car is still running. This isn't anything surprising, because the damn human community is mostly stupid when it comes to common sense. Jesus Christ.

Because a GIANT WHITE PIECE OF PLASTIC NOT AT ALL LIKE METAL is sooooo close to a real gun in terms of look and feel.
The white gives it a way..
Someone please tell me how exactly we are to expect a three-year-old to know any better. Honestly, I know it's Captain Obvious material for us adults and teens, but this isn't exactly ingrained into the minds of most recently-born kids as much as some of you would like to hope.

Someone please tell me how exactly we are to expect a three-year-old to know any better. Honestly, I know it's Captain Obvious material for us adults and teens, but this isn't exactly ingrained into the minds of most recently-born kids as much as some of you would like to hope.

Because the gun is not JUST white, but also several times lighter and doesent feel like a hunk of plastic at all?

Because the gun is not JUST white, but also several times lighter and doesent feel like a hunk of plastic at all?
That would make perfect sense if not for the fact the kid has no way of knowing one of them can kill people. Seriously, what are you trying to get at? It's a fucking baby. They don't know this shit right out of the goddamned womb.

This is sad and stupid. Why would a parent leave a gun (real or not) in front of a toddler? What, are they trying to teach the kid violence? And since when do three year olds play Wii, let alone Wii with guns? It's the stepfather's fault, really, for leaving (or even having) a gun, let alone in reach of the kid.

That would make perfect sense if not for the fact the kid has no way of knowing one of them can kill people. Seriously, what are you trying to get at? It's a fucking baby. They don't know this shit right out of the goddamned womb.

It isn't the baby's fault, its the stupid parent's.

:p

People have already repeated the obvious parts enough, but what about how the media will take this? They always want an excuse to blaim video games for killing people, and now with this, it'll just get worse, and cause more debate and controversy and whatnot.

It isn't the baby's fault, its the stupid parent's.
I know. It's not like I'm trying to pin the blame on the fucking baby - hell, I've already stated how stupid it is to have a real piece left out in the open like that.

I'm just saying a kid that young is extremely unlikely to realize the difference between a real gun and a toy. People around here seem to have incredibly unrealistic expectations of small children apparently.

If anyone here lives in or around this town, please show the court this thread and the one on Retro as testimony on our behalves.

So... You're saying we should let little children handle both toy guns and the real deal, so they can tell the difference between them. This is BRILLIANT LOGIC!!!

The schools should do something like this... Lord knows parents won't take the initiative themselves.

So... You're saying we should let little children handle both toy guns and the real deal, so they can tell the difference between them. This is BRILLIANT LOGIC!!!

The schools should do something like this... Lord knows parents won't take the initiative themselves.

You could actually.. just unload the gun.

Bad parents blame their carelessness on the most unreasonable things, I mean come on! The Wii Remote? I could understand if she went through their stuff and she was already taught what not to do, even then they COULD put it higher up somewhere out of her reach AND could still get to it quickly if they really needed to (if their is any type of fear that they may need to use the gun for self-defense, even then someone can more than likely rush to the area it was locked and stowed away if they hid the gun that way).

She is still a baby and still was learning. They need to not only keep dangerous stuff out of reach, but they also need to take time with her to teach her since she is in the process of growing out of her toddler age.
Also if she truly got the idea from the Wii, would it make sense NOT to play those shooting games on the Wii in front of her as well?

There is no excuse for them, I truly am sad to hear the little girl had parents like that since that could not have been helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back