2014, the Year of 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. T_T

*in case you can't read quotes*
The OS is not what I am talking about, It's the Compute's Bits amount, mmkay?

Saying Windows (*Insert Name Here*) alone, means nothing because they range from 16, 32, & 64 Bit installations.

Good Night, I'm going to bed, before I die...
I have a Windows 7 64 Bit computer that runs SRB2 perfectly. The computer that I have NOW is a 32 bit Windows 7 that also runs srb2 perfectly. Bits do not matter.

Will there be different Blue Sphere sprites for Tails and Knuckles? With Knuckles it will be red spheres?

I do find that idea to be cool but with all the custom characters, it would be a drag spriting 13 different color (iirc. correct me if I'm wrong) spheres. Although maybe they can do something to make the Blue Sphere's match the characters skin color. But I think they should keep them blue just to avoid confusion.

They're always blue spheres, just like S3K.

Am I the only one that finds the Wind Tunnel to be a good gimmick? Fair enough multiplayer makes it a bitch to beat, but on single player it's not too difficult to go by. Admittedly I died a few times first try, but seriously, I always found it good.
The problem is that there's no reasonable visual cue that the gameplay is going to change. With the waterslides in DSZ, the water is a graphical representation of the gameplay change that the player can easily see and respond to. When the player walks into that room, they aren't going to see the fans and be forced to respond to a sudden complete control change in time to avoid lethal hazards. To make matters worse, several of the hazards in that section are downright cheap and you can't expect players to be able to react to them quickly enough to avoid death. The key to a good gimmick is that the player, with good reaction time, should always be capable of completing the hazard the first time, even though they generally won't. The fan room fails that on all levels.

Of course, I don't MIND these changes too much, it's more why fix something that isn't broken?
Just because it currently works doesn't mean it can't work better with some modifications. It turns out that our difficulty curve is pretty broken in 2.0.X, with a big difficulty spike going into DSZ from THZ, and CEZ having very broken difficulty. The goal of a proper difficulty curve is to have the game gradually increase in difficulty until it starts to spike at the end. 2.1's difficulty modifications are designed to keep the player from suddenly encountering a hazard that's significantly harder than the content before it.

I wish you guys can keep the old special stages and make the new night stages a separate unlock-able level pack. I think that would be better. The night stages slow down coop. Plus, the night stages would be boring. I would rather have the nights on that unlock-able and keep the old special stages, but revamp them with gimmicks that make them better.

NiGHTS special stages aren't going to be forced down everyones throat. Anybody could make on foot special stages still in 2.1. Hell, I am thinking of making both on foot special stages and NiGHTS special stages in my stuff that I am making.

Rob, I think you misunderstood him. Unless all the stages really are replaced in 2.1.

In any case, Bluecore, with a close minded attitude like that we would have a finished game yeah, but we would be stuck with shitty 1.09.4 quality content as our standards get higher and higher. (Oh look, GFZ :y)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Wonderful! Why didn't I think of this?

2.1 is cancelled. 2.0.7 isn't broken, so we don't need any more releases to fix it.

Wow, that makes things so much easier! I should've done this years ago.

Oh man these new special stages keep receiving a lot of flak. I personally don't like NiGHTS as much the basic special stage type we have now, but my only real gripe with it is that I feel the controls can be sloppy (as in, slow to turn at times) and thats being addressed with 2.1 so i imagine I'll learn to like it quicker than I think.

I personally attribute the dislike of the new special stages more of the fear of the unknown than any attribute of NiGHTS mode. We've had that old placeholder special stage style for over a decade now, so upon 2.1's release players will have to learn a set of completely new skills to obtain the emeralds. Once people get used to the new mode and get used to the adjusted controls and features, I suspect very few people will miss the old special stage style. It's a dramatic improvement for one of the weakest parts of 2.0, and replaying the special stages for their own sake is actually FUN in 2.1.

Humorously, I strongly remember the complaints we got at 2.0's release about the current special stages because of how brutally hard they were compared to 1.X where they had remained relatively unchanged for so long. It's really quite funny how people now don't want us to change what they were fervently against four years ago =P

Then if I obtain a token in GFZ am I going to "Floral Field", if it is in THZ I am going to "Toxic Plateau" and so on?

M.V: Not exactly. special stage 1 will always be Floral Field, regardless of where you pick up your first token, likewise, if you've already got the token in GFZ1 and then get another in GFZ2, you'll wind up in Toxic Plateau even though your not at THZ yet.

basically, the special stage order and access works the same as ever, its just that the levels are new as far as im aware.

at least, i hope so, i really don't like the idea of one special stage per zone. I'm not all for having to do the hardest special stage AND egg rock zone in one go... can we maybe get a final word on that?

Yeah it works just like how it was before, only the special stages are themed after the SP stages. Understandable about the confusion, but it's definitely not "one special stage per zone" that's for sure.

Now that you talk about sprites, this came to my mind: when is Tails getting proper swimming sprites? Every character description I see about this game bothers to say Tails can fly AND swim, yet what he essentialy does is fly underwater, with his tails spinning full speed and the helicopter sound.

As faithful to the classics as this game is, Tails should have different physics and sprites for swimming in wáter, and he shouldn't be able to defeat enemies with his tails either (underwater, I'm pretty sure he can as of now).

Last edited:
犬夜叉;740039 said:
Wow, that makes things so much easier! I should've done this years ago.
Have we forgotten the Thread on why you should fix the broken net code, Before you add more to the ,Quote UnQuote, Full Game

Or was the 1.09.4 Final Demo, just a lie..

---
Anyways, thats not the Point.
You guys are taking your sweet granny time changing ever little thing.

I understand Coding can be boring, and that Rewriting Code is the worst thing..
You don't see any addons to the game
So you want to make levels for a change..
Well it's time to get back to work.

Last edited:
You realize the netcode was fixed like a year ago, right?

I am not even going to fucking bother with the rest of that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back