• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Riddle Me This, Eggman

Status
Not open for further replies.
...some areas are dark or rather plain, because many levels are focused on just running through, you know, like you would if you were a blue, super-fast hedgehog or similar speedy critter.
Bad excuse. Sonic Rush Adventure had the same flaw: It focused almost entirely on running and not actual gameplay, to the point that it's one of my least favorite Sonic games.

The cutscenes are sorta just to show that it CAN be done. You know, a tech demo? It's an extra 60 seconds added to your overall game time, so just deal with it. This isn't going to be Metal Gear Solid 4-Syndrome.
Eggrock Zone shows a lot about what "CAN be done", but it isn't a complete waste of time.

That new shadow looks kind of weird form what I've seen in the videos. His head looks too skinny, the skating animations decent though. I just don't like his head, and what's with that chaos blast? It looks overpowered to me.

Good luck with that. There have only been two successful team projects for SRB2, which would be SRB2 riders and SRB2 itself. What makes you think yours will be any different?

I don't like the whole "I'm just a lowly team member" thing. I've said it myself, and it only amounts to shrugging off responsibility. A certain amount a humility is necessary, sure, but in order to actually help the project you've got to have just as much passion for it as everyone else.

First off, I think ours will be different because it's going to be released like, before the end of the year. We're pretty much done with it except for the last few things, so yeah. It's going to get released.

Also, I'm not trying to shrug off responsibility. I'm just saying that I'm just a mapper, that's it. I'm not the one to be directing all the questions to, that's all I'm saying.

Be prepared for disappointment when you guys find out that servers running 1.09.4 are banned from the MS.

That's fine, we never planned for games on the MS. EMW5 was designed around groups getting together and hosting the games themselves.

OMG pictures put together with recorded audio from the game

Also, I doubt many people are going to play this if it isn't for 2.0. I certainly wouldn't.

It's not pictures with audio. Those are in-game with dynamic camera angles and animated sprites. And if you don't want to play it, then don't. I didn't come here to make everyone play it. I just know that some people enjoy Eggmanway and have been excited for it, so that's why I made this topic. If you don't like it, don't play it or get it.

Woah... Not to toot my own horn but Iv'e finished and done multiple mods.
Eggmanway5 was finished 4 years ago, Iv'e remade it about 4 times. I believe MKraces was also released, so I have released mods. Eggmanway5 will contain 36 levels, including levels, excluding all the unlockables+match. The Cutscenes are dynamic ingame.
Also, Emw5 will stay in 1.09.4...not because of how fun it'd be to convert it to 2.0. It'd probably only take me one long days of work. 1.09.4 has more stuff that I find much better then 2.0 so I stick with 1.09.4.
Emw5 will be released,publicly,on my youtube account,this winter. It's match,i'm hoping,will be entertaining. Iv'e never liked ringslinger, keeping ringslinger you should put a bfg in aswell and fight some demons on the side.
And I leave on that, till the release. If anyone steals anything from Eggmanway5 then the Remastered Eggmanway6 will not be made public. Which is scheduled for release 1 month after 5. Yes, 1 month.

psht. Ideas, really? Give me some credit. You really can't steal ideas. I dont care about that. Just dont actually TAKE anything from it. If you reaaaally want something from it, simply ask, not do. I'm excited to release both of these.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

hmm... that was worded awkwardly. To answer you, no, i don't care, go ahead.

Okay, I have to ask. What is the point of this topic? We haven't supported 1.X mods here for months for a multitude of reasons. There's no point in hyping a mod for an extremely outdated code-base that can't even connect to the master server, especially an update to a mod that was never properly released when it was actually new and relevant.

The reason is this: Because it isn't about the Master Server, or conforming to a version of SRB2 that would break many of the systems and elements we've implemented in EMW5.

Eggmanway has always been and will continue to be a mod for friends to play together, and we've even attempted to reach out to the new users by giving an unique feel to the Match system. There sadly is not a 1.09.4 community that we could make this announcement in, so that's why I tried to reach out here for anyone who still wishes to play the Eggmanway series. For some people this is a remade mod that was enjoyed, and for others it's a new chance to experience a classic mod.

Have your opinions as you will, but the fact of the matter is: This is Eggmanway5 + Encore. A mod not made for the Master Server, but a mod made for small groups of people to play together via hosting it privately. We are infact aware that by basing this mod off version 1.09.4, it will not be posted, used, or allowed on the Master Server nor was it our intention for it to be. It is what it is, and this topic was just to raise awareness of this project.

That's not what I mean. Eggmanway, for reasons I have never really understood, was NEVER properly publicly released. If you wanted to make topics about it and get the word out, you guys should have been at this 4 years ago. Why come here now and post about a mod that's now so clearly out of date that it couldn't even be released here in a forum for hyping and releasing WIPs for NEW content.

Okay, I have to ask. What is the point of this topic? We haven't supported 1.X mods here for months for a multitude of reasons. There's no point in hyping a mod for an extremely outdated code-base that can't even connect to the master server, especially an update to a mod that was never properly released when it was actually new and relevant.

Uhh, that's technically not true. SRB2 versions back to Demo 4 (and maybe before I have not tested) work fine on the current Master Server. It isn't the fact that the Master Server won't work for him that's the problem, because it should.

Do Ip connects still work? Because I really doubt Eggmanway5 can do any good multi player without it.

Bah, one of the reasons I liked SRB2 was it's lack of Shadow, so I have no interest in this, 1.09.4 or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back