Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that makes sense.

@Katmint:
I can't believe I didn't think of that before! I was thinking of doing an airship stage, but once I realized you cant makes skies scroll, I dropped the idea. Doing the layer of clouds below scrolling is a really neat way to do it though (If that is what you did, I'm just guessing that from the screenshot). Hope you don't mind if I use that idea sometime in the far future! :p

"Dont see any Race Levels"
Yay, my level is the only Race level here :D
The Level is in a Valley domined by a factory, now his water turned into Acid! Can you avoid Acid and win that race? Unsadly, my conection is slow now, tomorow I post images :D

In order to find out what gametype I'm best at mapping for, I'm entering all four divisions.
My Circuit entry. Yes, I accidentally left red out of the rainbow thing, but then I would have to replace the orange or make it 8 colors, and I don't want to do either one. >_<
10chars @ MKP
Also Katmint, random question, is the airship going to have some paths indoors (inside the ship)?
Andandand, is it going to be like the Halberd? Lol! J/k.

Wow... a week left until submissions close, and I still need to map half of Clockwork Grove. Considering, It's a school week, and I barely have time to map on school days, it's going to be quite a hassle for me to map everything on time this weekend. Let's see how this goes... -_-

I feel your pain Thompson.
I'm approximately half done with my level, and I'm at trying to keep up with college assignments and design this by the due date.

Why did I decide to start to create the biggest and most complex level I have ever desgined a week and a half before the contest submissions closed??

I think I'll have to use the stock excuse of waiting to enter my map till the next OLDC since I need to fix the textures and make more. No sense in entering a rushed map.

I just now thought of an idea yesterday that actually seems reasonable, but I'm gonna work on it and wait until next month's contest since it'll be impossible to finish in a week. ._.

308a6pf.jpg

This will be finished... but not for this contest.

Woah, that glowing ice is impressive. That has to take a LONG time to map out all those light sectors and configure them.

EDIT: My map is 95% done. All I need to do is add some decorations, things, and a few other things.

Last edited:
MKP that's a pretty nice circuit map, although IMO the outdoors area in the second pic looks a bit flat. Spherallic you're map looks awesome, well at least from what I've seen from the pics. The gradient light sectors is a nice effect.

Aw man

Charybdizs said:
You making a stage after all, KTF?

I am, I'll post pictures up soon
Aw man

Sorry Chary and sorry everyone. My computer isn't working again and I have to wait to make a stage to the contest.

Will I ever get a computer that has an anti-motherboard-frying barrier?

zszbackside.png

My Match entry. Also contains an indoor segment not shown here. :P
Really cool design there, GEZ should take a few tips. Though, I think the default cloud background is really hindering the beautiful scenery. Maybe create a background that has a great floor of clouds at the bottom to match the actual level's clouds? I could make one for you instead to show you what I mean, though I don't know crap about SRB2 limitations. :P

How big can backgrounds be? (In Pixels)

How big can backgrounds be? (In Pixels)
I think 4096x4096, but you need a ton of patches for that.

Anyway, don't bother making a sky, custom stuff isn't allowed in multiplayer entries.

Also why is this level getting so much attention? >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back