Forum Rules - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something that I think should be addressed:

We still get lots of people with the inability to capitalize, give apostrophes to I'm, or stuff like that. I still see posts coming in with the following, and nothing is done:

The example I'm making right now said:
well i think you should continue this its great and i love chracter wads

I would think that those posts would get the user banned, yet floods of these posts still keep the user scot free. Then that person goes and tries to use the Editing topic to put in another lame WAD. Should we ban those posts? I'm not sure, because there's one user in particular that comes to mind (will not tell in order to avoid offense to him). His posts are...almost like that, yet he's not unintelligent, and his WADs are not too bad. His first language is Spanish, as well. What should we do?

PM me and point it out then. Right now, if it has already been a few days since this happened, he got lucky. We don't just instantly ban them a few weeks or a few days later after they already broken the rules when we noticed something that we should have done. That isn't how it works and it never will work that way.

Well wasn't the grammar rule...like differen't if your first language isn't English.

Like they go easy on you or something...?

I just didn't want that one decent user to get banned along with all the idiots/noobs, so that's why I was unsure. But yeah, since English isn't first language, they do go easy, you're right, so I really shouldn't have been unsure. The noobs would get banned; he wouldn't.

I'm wondering...how many more people are going to get in trouble, now that the banning process has been made easier?

fawfulfan said:
I'm wondering...how many more people are going to get in trouble, now that the banning process has been made easier?

I thought the banning process was made easier last year, not now, right?

You didn't read the year, then. It was last year. The banning system changed over a year ago. The new ban log has over 1000 entries at this point.

Rules of wads

I have a question. Are you allowed to edit a wad (not a recolor), give the maker credit and release it?

Only if you either have the original creator's permission, or did the editing to such an extent it's not noticeable. (Such as using an existing character as a template, but completely replacing all the sprites.)

Then am I allowed to send an idea how the wad could have been done to the maker and ask him what he thinks about it?

You know... This is right off the top of my head but what is the point of the whole perm ban thing? Really what good does it do? Mabey you should ban banning, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back