Multiple Questions Concerning Linux OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIYoshiII

Thanks in advance for those who help:

-Can SRB2DB work using Wine?
-Currently, when trying to use SRB2CB with Wine, I get an error once loading. Does Linux take something wrongly with OpenGL, or is it a different problem?
-I got my sound to work running SRB2 with Wine without going fullscreen and with a virtual desktop to use with Wine. Once I remove the virtual desktop and go fullscreen, no sound is produced. Does anybody know why?

My Linux is a Linux Mint 9 Isadora. Once again I thank anyone who could help me.

UPDATE: Got OpenGL to work on normal SRB2.

Last edited:
No, I just mentioned that OpenGL must not be the problem, and now wondering why SRB2CB wont work with Wine.

Why do not you just install windows on another partition to test these crazy SRB2 mods .

Not sure what to tell you, IIYoshiII, other than compiling the CB source on your own.
As far as official SRB2 builds go, I know that every effort is made to compile an executable with the broadest compatibility -- 2.04 was compiled using Visual C++ 6 (1998), and 2.06 might have been as well.

You can try feeding CB a few parameters that will disable some things to try and narrow down the problem, such as -nomusic -nomouse -nosound -nodinput -win and seeing if it will launch at least in software mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back