The Dreamcast that Never Turns on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
To be blunt, I have a Dreamcast that I've had for a long time, and a while ago, it stopped working. I try to turn it on, and the little light in front blinks on for like 0.1 seconds, but then the Dreamcast immediately turns off.

This happened like a year ago, I think, and I'm beginning to miss my Dreamcast. >.< Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:
...Replace the Dreamcast? They cost $50 at my local used game shop, and I'm fairly certain those people overcharge anyway.

The Dreamcast used batteries? Wow, I was using that cable wrong...
Well, the SATURN does... but only for the internal saving mechanisms. You'd know if the battery was dead, because your saves would be wiped every time you turned the system on.

Well, the SATURN does... but only for the internal saving mechanisms. You'd know if the battery was dead, because your saves would be wiped every time you turned the system on.
Wait, do you mean the VMU batteries? Actually, I don't think anything happens when the VMU batteries are low, other than an annoying beeping sound. If you mean the Dreamcast batteries, the games are saved to the VMU in the controller.

If you're talking about the Saturn, then... never mind. =p

I'm pretty sure the Dreamcast also uses a battery but for its internal clock. I have to reset the time and date on mine every time I turn it on now.

Yeah, my Dreamcast's battery has been dead for several years now. It thinks it's 1999 every time I turn it on. Obviously, this doesn't prevent me from booting the system, though, so this isn't the problem the OP is having.

Weird, my Dreamcast is operating perfect. Even the clock battery still works!

Maybe it's because I've barely used it since it was first bought..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back