Most disappointing game 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also catch Suicune in Kanto, along with Latios/Latias (depends on your version. SS=Latios, HG=Latias), and technically Red is in Johto I think, but you need to beat all the Gym leaders in Kanto to fight him (I think), so I guess he would count too.
-----
The most disappointing game for me was definitely The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. The Train is a slow excuse of a gimmick that takes up at least half of the God damn game, with 1-hit K.O. trains chasing after you that can drive faster than you backwards. The best part? You can't kill them until
The very end of the game, where you literally play Pac-Man to destroy them
God, I hate the train. There are other various things I dislike about it too, but the Train was the main problem for me.

Spirit Tracks is followed closely by Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. The game finally gets interesting 20-30 hours in. At the end of the game. I'm not making this up, literally nothing happens until the last few days of the game. You know, the game could've been sooooooo much more better, if they gave you some insight on the Organization XIII overall. Who they were before they were Nobodies, etc. But all we got was subtle hints of them knowing who the BbS crew were, that's it. The gameplay was solid, but the mission structure threw me off.
This is another reason why the end of the game is the only interesting part about the game, they ditched the missions entirely for the last few days, and everything just kind of happened on after another, kind of like your normal KH game.
The game was kind of fun, but it was just lacking... a lot.

Now here's you might be saying. (Are you mad? How can heartgold/Soul Sliver be disappointing?)
-----
First... Heartgold & Soul Sliver are maybe the best remake games I played so far, but.... there's one slight issue with it...

For those that have the NA Version of this game (Or better yet, all but the Japan Version), they removed the slots in both game corners, and what are they replaced with? A Minesweeper Cardflip game called Voltorb Flip.

In the Japan Version, they have the slots. >_>

I think the reason they were removed was because of this. (Taken from here. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Slot_machine)
"The slot machines in these games are replaced by Voltorb Flip outside of Japan, likely to maintain compliance with the new, stricter European Union anti-gambling laws."

I just want to ask, how does the European Union anti-gambling law affect North America?

Not the kind of remake I remember, but hey, I still have Platinum which has the slots in there, so not really a lost for me, but still.
-----
Now, it's my saying about this, so if others like this game instead of the slots, then that's fine. But as for me, no.

Last edited:
-Badges
-More Pokemon (Including the Gen I and III starters)
-Red
-Pal Park
-Technically, the Pokemon League is on the Kanto side.

The only thing Johto has over Kanto is the Battle Frontier.

Oh great. Badges you can get in less then an hour! =D
I meant storyline wise. Kanto is just dead.... :p

Voltorb Flip is amazing, I thought it sucked until I learned how to play.

Last edited:
I meant storyline wise. Kanto is just dead.... :p

The hell? Since when did anyone care about the story in the main series games? They're really just side events to make the game more interesting and to distract you from the hourly grinding till you get to the next leader or area. Though one would agree that they could of spiced up Kanto with something interesting than just some nostalgic atmosphere but with yearly change...

Sonic CD - Bought last year, so I'm including it.

"The best Sonic game ever!"

Couldn't wait till I played it. I finally start it... and..
WTF is up with the spin dash? How come I go to Past,Present,Future every 5 seconds? Wait, you mean if I run too fast an enemy will kill me? Oh crap! Another spring that bounces me back 200 feet!

It is a good game, but isn't exactly what I thought "OMFG BEST GAME EVA"

Your previous comments imply that you were very annoyed with it.
The most disappointing game, in my opinion, is Modnation Racers. It's not bad, but it's not as impressive or entertaining as I thought it would be.

Last edited:
Wait, you mean if I run too fast an enemy will kill me?

How so? It's not any faster than Sonic 2 was, and they also give you a scroll-ahead camera, for crying out loud. Also, you may or may not have noticed that if you are running time travel, you can go straight through Badniks, killing them without needing to spin.

How come I go to Past,Present,Future every 5 seconds?

Avoid the time travel signposts, or learn how to cancel time travel. When the time travel post indicator in the corner starts flashing, you can slow down to cancel.

Also, you may or may not have noticed that if you are running time travel, you can go straight through Badniks, killing them without needing to spin.

... wait, what?

I cannot believe I never realized this, even 20 years after the game's release.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

It somehow managed to break my 360's GPU. No red ring of death , just total lack of video output and it worked fine before.Something is obviously wrong with that game....

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

It somehow managed to break my 360's GPU. No red ring of death , just total lack of video output and it worked fine before.Something is obviously wrong with that game....

Just install it to your hard drive if you had one (suggested on some game forums). Less stress on the disk itself from constant spinning.

Sonic CD - Bought last year, so I'm including it.

"The best Sonic game ever!"

Couldn't wait till I played it. I finally start it... and..
WTF is up with the spin dash? How come I go to Past,Present,Future every 5 seconds? Wait, you mean if I run too fast an enemy will kill me? Oh crap! Another spring that bounces me back 200 feet!

I actually agree with you, the game was good but the spin dash really pissed me off. The super-peel out is only good at stardust speedway and the race against metal Sonic. I wouldn't say it is the worse though.

Not really a game that came out this year, but Bioshock.
I'd seen trailers and reviews and everything, and I thought it'd be great so I bought it once I had enough money.

The game wasn't bad, but it just got severely annoying near the end where everything was damn-near invincible and the big daddies could kill you easy with a couple shots from their rivet guns.

This caused the annoying cycle of: die->vita chamber->die again->another vita chamber->finally kill the bastard, only to find that he already put the little sister away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back