Epic Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's me thinking that Doom 3 was the creepiest game I've ever seen. I think im going to have good nitemares with this game.

O_O Holy ****...
That is awesome! WHEN WILL THEY RELEASE THIS GAME! I CAN'T ****ING WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!

BTW: Yes Chisuun that is Hades from Disney's "Hercules."

Waiwaiwaiwaiwait-

Is that Hades from the animated Hercules film?
Yes, and as amazing as it is, those canons you see on him are from Lilo and Stitch. Taxi car is from Roger Rabbit.

And from this information, I demand a Nightmare Before Christmas based enemy, if not a few. They're going the full mile with Disney history, why not use it all? Jack Skellingbott for the win.

And from this information, I demand a Nightmare Before Christmas based enemy, if not a few. They're going the full mile with Disney history, why not use it all? Jack Skellingbott for the win.

I think that would break what this game is trying to accomplish: Take cartoon characters and settings that were originally happy and cheerful, and give them an unexpected, unnerving dark twist. It's mental whiplash, for sure.

I love the Nightmare Before Halloween characters too, but because they're already somewhat dark, they wouldn't blend in very well in this game. And it's not like Jack Skellington and Oggie Boogie were absent from Kingdom Hearts. Anything else and they'd be overexposed.

Last edited:
October 15th
Our biggest update yet! - MORE COMING THIS AFTERNOON!

Indeed.

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2009/10/15/the-art-of-epic-mickey.aspx

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/...A-Profile-of-Game-Creator-Warren-Spector.aspx

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2009/10/15/junction-point-a-studio-profile.aspx

By the way.... a member of Sonic Stadium has..... Wait for it..... SCANS of the GI article. WHOOOOOT! Excitement aside, check it out for yourself.

Hero of Legend said:

You have to download them, yes, but hey. We have the long awaited screenshots. Now what I would give for some gameplay footage.

For some reason, I just can't see the world's most famous mouse fighting against demonic robo-zombies.

Either way, I hope they pull it off nicely.

I think that would break what this game is trying to accomplish: Take cartoon characters and settings that were originally happy and cheerful, and give them an unexpected, unnerving dark twist. It's mental whiplash, for sure.

I love the Nightmare Before Halloween characters too, but because they're already somewhat dark, they wouldn't blend in very well in this game. And it's not like Jack Skellington and Oggie Boogie were absent from Kingdom Hearts. Anything else and they'd be overexposed.

The only unexpected twist I can think of is making the Nigemare before Christmas characters all nice and happy.

Hmm.... Here, I'll upload these to Photobucket. Keeps you from having to download it anyway.

Scan11.jpg

Scan2.jpg

Scan3.jpg

Scan4.jpg

Scan5.jpg

Scan6.jpg

Scan7.jpg

Scan8.jpg

Scan9.jpg

Scan10.jpg

Huh, and here we were expecting a morbid style. Now it looks more like Psychonauts... which is a totally great thing, by the way.

jlkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Sorry for that, it's just that the awesomeness of this article caused me to pass out and slam my head on my keyboard.

jlkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Sorry for that, it's just that the awesomeness of this article caused me to pass out and slam my head on my keyboard.

XD Awesome.

The Big Trade in particular made me say "EPIC." Trading off a real person for a cartoon rabbit? GENIUS.

I still don't want Mr. Glover's work to go to waste though. It IS one of the main reasons I started following this game, after all.

XD Awesome.

The Big Trade in particular made me say "EPIC." Trading off a real person for a cartoon rabbit? GENIUS.

I still don't want Mr. Glover's work to go to waste though. It IS one of the main reasons I started following this game, after all.
It did make me wonder why Monday Night Football had someone else doing the play-by-play. :P
Now that THAT mystery has been resolved...

Well, even though the enemies aren't as scary, (****) it still looks to be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back