[Huge problem] Can't play .mid files neither in SRB2 and in my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dany777

I've changed, i was different years ago.
Before this happened, i was be able to play .mid files before, but now, idk what happened, i cant listen to them anymore

Here is a line of what happened to me in-game while i was playing SF94-Serv with a friend:

ERROR: Mix_LoadMUS_RW: /etc/timidity/freepats.cfg: No such file or directory
ERROR: Mix_PlayMusic: music parameter was NULL
ERROR: Music lump MAPYUM not found!

Since i saw this, i tried playing a .mid file on my PC and it doesnt play anymore, i cant live with this problem!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Windows 10 64Bit

Before this happened, i was be able to play .mid files before, but now, idk what happened, i cant listen to them anymore

Here is a line of what happened to me in-game while i was playing SF94-Serv with a friend:

ERROR: Mix_LoadMUS_RW: /etc/timidity/freepats.cfg: No such file or directory
ERROR: Mix_PlayMusic: music parameter was NULL
ERROR: Music lump MAPYUM not found!

Since i saw this, i tried playing a .mid file on my PC and it doesnt play anymore, i cant live with this problem!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Windows 10 64Bit

Have you perhaps tried reinstalling SRB2? Maybe you somehow deleted midi functionality accidentally?

You're on Windows 10, huh? MIDI support requires the base operating system to provide the playback method, and Windows has steadily made its MIDI support worse and worse with each update after Vista. It's probably the only thing XP legitimately has going for it at this point.

There is a bug where a crash in the MIDI functionality for SRB2 would completely mute the executable permanently, even for normal sounds and digital music, even if you overwrote it with a new copy, unless you moved it to another folder and deleted the old one. This sounds similar in scope but not identical in outcome, considering how it's stopped your system from playing all .mid files??????

Unfortunately, we have no troubleshooting advice for you, and this is a reminder that we (the devteam, not you and I) probably shouldn't let MIDI music be enabled on modern operating systems lest more stuff like this happens.

Last edited:
You're on Windows 10, huh? MIDI support requires the base operating system to provide the playback method, and Windows has steadily made its MIDI support worse and worse with each update after Vista. It's probably the only thing XP legitimately has going for it at this point.

There is a bug where a crash in the MIDI functionality for SRB2 would completely mute the executable permanently, even for normal sounds and digital music, even if you overwrote it with a new copy, unless you moved it to another folder and deleted the old one. This sounds similar in scope but not identical in outcome, considering how it's stopped your system from playing all .mid files??????

Unfortunately, we have no troubleshooting advice for you, and this is a reminder that we (the devteam, not you and I) probably shouldn't let MIDI music be enabled on modern operating systems lest more stuff like this happens.
Well that is possible, but doing so will break most of the SRB1 Remake maps, since they use midi for the music, unless the music gets replaced with digital equivalents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back