Post your Desktop

21jvksi.png

Really into Spiral Knights.

loldesktop2.png

This is the part where I post my desktop, and leave you guessing what the screenshot I am using means. ;D

vxmfqr.png

I got bored while messing in PDN...
Also, say "cheese"!

Also, it resized my 1920x1200 desktop down. :<

Mr. Awsome, two things:
1.) What is Chaotix Universe?
2.) What is Sonic Phoenix DEMO?

Anyways, here's mine:
ea2xs6.png

I make my own wallpapers.

2qQV
(yes I bought the valve complete pack so what)

I've got a lotta shit on my desktop. Background was from Halo: Reach, it just looked cool so I used it.

Wolfy's desktop icons feel alot like a memory game, there's at least 2 repeated direct accesses to pretty much everything.

*image*(yes I bought the valve complete pack so what)

I've got a lotta shit on my desktop. Background was from Halo: Reach, it just looked cool so I used it.
I see at least four different web browsers on there. Why so many?

And why is IE on there? *snicker*

I'm more interested in knowing why he has desktop icons period (and this goes for most users in this topic, actually). If you really want to launch programs quickly, you ought to take up using a type-and-go interface, IMHO. Nothing's quicker than typing part of a name and pressing Enter to launch it, outside of assigning individual applications to their own keyboard shortcuts.

Besides, in order to access desktop icons, you have to make the desktop visible (at least partially), which can break your workflow.

I'm more interested in knowing why he has desktop icons period (and this goes for most users in this topic, actually). If you really want to launch programs quickly, you ought to take up using a type-and-go interface, IMHO. Nothing's quicker than typing part of a name and pressing Enter to launch it, outside of assigning individual applications to their own keyboard shortcuts.

Besides, in order to access desktop icons, you have to make the desktop visible (at least partially), which can break your workflow.

How can you take up a type and go interface on Windows 7? :/

I mean sure you can use the start menu, but that takes longer then pressing the show desktop button and clicking on an icon.

>Win-D
>Double-click program in question
>Win-D again before the program launches to bring your windows back up

Takes two seconds assuming your desktop isn't cluttered to hell and back.

I suppose if you have a lot of different programs you're going to use at any given time, a text search would be faster, but most people only use a few icons anyway.

Besides, Windows basically encourages having desktop icons.

My desktop icons aren't that cluttered. In fact, I have it organized. This makes clicking on whatever program I want to use much easier since I know exactly where I should click at.

My desktop is as organized as much as the next end of the world date. Too lazy to post a screenshot anyhow, at least until I find a high quality picture of what I'm using now...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back