• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 - Srb2k6regenerated mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alright. Everyone does make mistakes. Here's a clear image I'll be remaking the boards soon. I forgot to add the fin to the bottom of surfboard and some decent details.
srb20017.png

What's up with the HUD?

I mean, the color change isn't necessarily a bad concept, but the blue is just too dark.

What's up with the HUD?

I mean, the color change isn't necessarily a bad concept, but the blue is just too dark.
That's what I thought too.
It's alright. Everyone does make mistakes. Here's a clear image I'll be remaking the boards soon. I forgot to add the fin to the bottom of surfboard and some decent details.
srb20017.png
It kinda looks as if he's surfing in air. Did you mean to do that?

No. I took the screenshot while he was in mid-air to show you what I did. In water, you can't see it very well. I really don't see how the blue is too dark. It's just neutral blue. Not too light, and not too dark. In dark areas you could see the hud, in light areas you could see the hud, so I really don't see a problem. Maybe because I took the screenshot in a certain place that you thought the hud looks too dark? I mean you quoted that screenshot, so I'm thinking your saying it's dark in that picture.

Why fiddle with the HUD in the first place? It looks fine to begin with and in most instances the changes aren't ideal.

And yeah, I think the shade of blue you picked is too dark. Try something along the lines of sky-blue.

Don't you think that if he uses sky blue, the HUD won't be visible in the areas where the sky is visible? That's what I think, anyway.

The black drop-shadow behind the lettering provides contrast to the bright color of the original HUD. The blue needs to be brighter, or else the contrast is lost.

Don't you think that if he uses sky blue, the HUD won't be visible in the areas where the sky is visible? That's what I think, anyway.
Which is why it should be light-ish green. I mean, who makes green walls or skies?

If you're not gonna make it green or red, then there's no reason to bother changing the font colour without changing the font graphics entirely.

You have officially made this mod more epic than the old one people called epic. But pike the last one, I'm just about completly sure people will wanna play this in netgames. It's an EXE mod so your gonna need a new version string to make this work. Can't wait till it's done anyways!

Well this is how much I got done so far on my fall break. And I still have 6 more days left without having to go to sleep early. People who see me on Irc witness I have been mapping all day and all night.

I've updated some of Wave Ocean and Dusty Desert's level design and endings. (Wave Ocean is a bit buggy though. I can't figure out a way to fix the bugs without you getting a error.) Added new scenery. Added line scripts (Make the characters talk at one point). Updated the HUD to a shiny yellow with an average drop-shadow. Added new people scenery. Added new sounds. I still need to execute some things, finish Soleanna Castle Town and Tutorial 2, start working on Crisis City and White Acropolis, and add Tails' and Knuckles' board sprites before I release the first public beta of sth360re.

Also this source code I edited from was 2.0.1. I did that because of my impatience of the srb2 dev-team so yes this exe is buggy, but it's still decent and supported. Once Srb2 2.0 reaches it's complete, non-buggy, source code I'll edit from there.

I'm not sure. Once I get to Crisis City, I'll tell you when Sth360re's release date's going to come out.

Could you give us a screenshot of the current Soleanna Castle Town with the people in? (IF you put them in yet.)

add Tails' and Knuckles' board sprites before I release the first public beta of sth360re.

Hang on, I am still working on sprites. I'm recoloring Knuckles and modifying some head parts to make him ME styled. And Tails I don't really care about.
Like this:
knuxj5.png

Last edited:
i think ground the fox made a knuckles riding frame in the srb2riders

The ME ones haven't been released yet. But I think it would be better just to ask Ground for the sprites (if he has them) and just edit those.

Okay, I still need people sprites or people sprite ideas for Soleanna Castle Town. If you get either of those for this mod, That would be really helpful and keep Soleanna more active and non-boring and it would help progress. You get credit if you sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back