[Open Assets] LMS (Last Man Standing)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bash really isn't kidding. I think something with 2.1.15 might've messed up with the code, as I'm trying to use it on my server with 3 people on the field, it seems like the main function of the game is completely broken and unplayable, regardless of whether it's enabled or not.

Bash really isn't kidding. I think something with 2.1.15 might've messed up with the code, as I'm trying to use it on my server with 3 people on the field, it seems like the main function of the game is completely broken and unplayable, regardless of whether it's enabled or not.

This must be related to a change in how a boolean variable is handled. They are taken by the game more strictly, and do not allow for 0 and 1 comparisons. A fix will be out very soon.

...I'm not sure where you pulled that from, the way boolean in Lua works hasn't itself been changed in 2.1.15. On the other hand, it's possible one or two things may now be returning booleans instead of integers? I've lost track tbh.

Updated to 0.2c

This should fix any error issues in SRB2 v2.1.15 as I played a game with it and it works fine.

To come in the future:

* A way to set a point where a "soft" sudden death happens. In this soft style sudden death, your shield will prevent you from dying, but you will die if not shielded. This will be implemented to prevent endgame dogfights from lasting forever if the players become conservative.

Last edited:
https://puu.sh/t9kPu/dde35f8f4f.zip

I decided to rewrite LMS from scratch.

Note that this is a working test version, it's not anywhere near completion.
Known issues include:
  • Repetitive "One player left" messages Fixed!
  • A rare bug where you become unable to shoot.
  • Respawn rate isn't metered yet (Sudden Death suggested for now)
  • Ghosts can harm players through fire trail and armageddon. Fixed!

But most of all...
It finally supports Team Match. Whew.

Regardless, I will slowly work in all the previous features that were once a part of LMS over the next while.

I should also mention this uses a new command hierarchy.

lms <0-1> turns off/on LMS.
lms_activeghosts <0-1> Lets ghosts interact with collectibles or not (Not currently workign correctly)
lms_pity <0-1> Turn off/on pity shields.
lms_startinglives <1-10> Start with this many lives.
lms_countdown <0-30> Start the round after this many seconds.

Currently, lms_respawnrate doesn't work. But I'm working on it.

Update edit:

New settings:
lms_quietghosts <0-1> will allow you to silence most ghost sound effects by setting this to 1.

Upcoming settings:
lms_softsuddendeath <0-30> when set to something higher than 1, will allow all shots not blocked by a shield to be instant-kill once that many minutes have passed.
lms_frantic <0-1> when turned on, the more times you get hit, the less time you have on invincibility frames.

lms_gamerule <0-3> will allow you to change how the game behaves when players get shot:
  • 0 - Classic gameplay. No changes.
  • 1 - Always soft sudden-death.
  • 2 - Hit point mode - Can earn hit points through certain yet to be determined conditions, and rings take away some amounts of hit points.
  • 3- Smash Bros style - Launch height becomes slowly higher the more times you get hit. Hit a ceiling and die.

Last edited:
Nice, the changes are very nice, about the Upcoming settings:

Originally Posted By Blaze The Cat & Knuckles.

lms_softsuddendeath <0-30> when set to something higher than 1, will allow all shots not blocked by a shield to be instant-kill once that many minutes have passed.
lms_frantic <0-1> when turned on, the more times you get hit, the less time you have on invincibility frames.

lms_gamerule <0-3> will allow you to change how the game behaves when players get shot:
  • 0 - Classic gameplay. No changes.
  • 1 - Always soft sudden-death.
  • 2 - Hit point mode - Can earn hit points through certain yet to be determined conditions, and rings take away some amounts of hit points.
  • 3- Smash Bros style - Launch height becomes slowly higher the more times you get hit. Hit a ceiling and die.
I liked the Gamerules, They are very unique and nice.

One thing:

lms <0-1> turns off/on LMS.
lms_activeghosts <0-1> Lets ghosts interact with collectibles or not (Not currently workign correctly)
lms_pity <0-1> Turn off/on pity shields.
lms_startinglives <1-10> Start with this many lives.
lms_countdown <0-30> Start the round after this many seconds.

-
The lms_startinglives command doesnt work, but lms_startlives <Whatever> works.

It's now v0.3(c)
("c" representing completely screwed up the release and had to go bug-fixing again)

Fixes:
  • Ghosts cannot get shields through recyclers anymore.
Changes:
  • Command hierarchy changed for the better, including lms_startlives being fixed. (Thanks Boo!)
  • lms_pity <0-1> was renamed to lms_nopity <0-1> and its default value is 1, which translates to pity shields off.
Added:
  • Supports Team Match.
  • lms_frantic <0-1> will cause invulnerability frames on hit to become shorter as the game goes on.
  • lms_softsuddendeath <0-99> is an end-game mode (Abbreviated as SSD) that is a lighter form of sudden death. If you lack a shield, you die when shot. The number specifies how many minutes until it begins. Set it to 99 if you don't want it to appear (99 minutes is more than enough time to end a round)
  • lms_quietghosts <0-1> will cause ghosts to become quiet(er). If you have many players in your game and the ghosts' sound effects are distracting you, turn this on.
  • lms_countdown <0-30> lets you (finally?) control the pre-game warm-up.
Removed:
  • lmsrespawnrate was removed as a toggle, and is instead a core part of the game mode.

v0.2c has been kept there in case you wanted lmsrespawnrate again as a toggle (Of which will not be missed. It's vital to the mode. =P)

Last edited:
Quick update to v0.3d here.

All that's new is a custom scoreboard to get rid of the whining ov er who's alive or not.

That is all.

Quick update to v0.3d here.

All that's new is a custom scoreboard to get rid of the whining ov er who's alive or not.

That is all.

You Mean the scoreboard to tell if your a ghost or not, yeah, good improvement.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back