Sonic Boom & Shadow the Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

Sonic Boom model belongs to my good friend, and amazing modeler, NIBROCrock. The model is his, with my methods of decimation and transplanation due to the limits of SRB2's polycount and Vert count.

The Shadow the Hedgehog model is from Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), with edited textures to look more black rather than brown :|.

Keep in mind, all animations are hand made, and might not be perfect, but are pretty good. Also keep in mind the Shadow the Hedgehog model was one of the very first models I ported, and it's animations are not as good as what I can do today (except frames 35-38, those frames I made recently to fit 2.1's schtuff).

MD2.dat Recommendations:

booming.md2 3.5 0.0

ShadowTH.md2 1.8 0.0

Attachments

• Boomingwithguns.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,419
  • thattimewhen...jpg
    thattimewhen...jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 8,272
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 4,343
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 3,554
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 5,864
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 4,397
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 2,846
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,775
Last edited:
These both seem to checkout, however both of them are missing super transform frames, you may want to look into creating some at some point. Furthermore Sonic's walking animation looks quite stiff in my opinion, you may want to look into changing it sometime.

These both seem to checkout, however both of them are missing super transform frames, you may want to look into creating some at some point. Furthermore Sonic's walking animation looks quite stiff in my opinion, you may want to look into changing it sometime.

Super frames aren't necessarily needed, and the boom model is too high poly for there to be a super model. However I might add one for shadow.

and yeah I need to update sonic's animations a bit, but right now I am making a ratchet model for a friend, so this might be updated next week

Sorry but, Im new to doing all this in srb2 how can I add this in? I don't know if it matters but, I have Jeck Jim's md2s.

Hey TheDTManager, can I have that Sonic Boom model without reduced polycount please? :P Skype is a good option.

Hey TheDTManager, can I have that Sonic Boom model without reduced polycount please? :P Skype is a good option.

Only if you answer this thingy (fill in the blank):

Out in the night, when the full moon is bright, comes a horseman known as _____.

@CRiTTER sorry, didn't see you there, sent a pm with explaination.

Apparently, This MD2 wont work, Booming Or ShadowTH, What do i do? I put it in correctly, The MD2 is Showing, But no textures. And Yes, I did put the PNG in, So What do i do?

Did you edit the md2.dat?
Yes, I Put shadowth ShadowTH.md2 What Ever the coordinates were, And bandagesre Booming.md2 What ever the coordinates Were, And The Texture is all white. EDIT1: I Meant, Like I Did Edit the MD2.dat, And Nothing still happened. Just white Textures.

Last edited:
http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=754938&postcount=34 <This link shall solve every white texture problem with your md2s
I feel like that is very incorrect. Warning, mini rant-like thing ahead.

Firstly, I remember using a non-power-of-two texture in Sonic Robo Blast 2 Community Build once, and it worked perfectly fine. That may not be the case for 2.1, though.

Secondly, I think Sonic Robo Blast 2 can handle 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, likely 4096, and maybe 8192 pixels of width and/or height (provided the computer has enough random-access memory), if it needs a power-of-two texture. 1024 isn't the only working option. I think this second thing is worth mentioning.

@zipper I can also run md2s with textures of a canvas size not being a power of two, but I guess this is a matter of different computer compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back