"Turbo" (Rail Ring Replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisima

The Turbo Ring is a quick, exploding weapon meant to be a balanced replacement to the infamous Rail Ring. It features an original weapon play style: it duplicates itself 8 times from the same point it was shot from. It is significantly slower than the Rail Ring, but faster than the other rings.

Credit goes to AxelMoon for the Turbo Ring launch sound.

NiceThisAlbertosaurus.gif

GIF of Action:
https://gfycat.com/SaltyEuphoricDonkey

Attachments

• turboring.zip
    50.7 KB · Views: 762
Last edited:
I Liked this Turbo! But why not consumes the rings?
Only Panel... well well... what I'm saying... fabulous Turbo.

Last edited:
I absolutely love this ring- definitely feels like it belongs in SRB2 and it would be a good counter for snipers in net games should the Rail and Turbo rings ever co-exist in the same maps (maybe where the Rail and Turbo Rings both occupy Slot 7, like the Shotguns in Doom)

My only nitpicks would be that the first of eight rings thrown in sequence has no sound to accompany it, and while the Turbo Ring is equipped you cannot right-click or press the basic Ring fire button to throw normal Rings (the later being a more serious issue).

Last edited:
Honestly, this is a more interesting weapon ring design than the "real" Turbo ring. You even got its predominant colour semi-accurate! The tripwire behaviour is pretty neat, and if fixed netplay means Match gets actually changed for 2.2, this would be pretty cool to have.

I mean, uh, there is no such thing as a Turbo Ring, please pay no attention to the toast behind the curtain!! Gosh.

Wow, sounds very nice, i can probably use this to start shooting at people in my server, and i see that it is a quick exploding weapon, and it looks Very Neat!

Man i really had fun playing with this! It made some shots pretty hard but with that tripwire effect you can catch enemies off guard. Best replacement of the Rail so far.

Also, I found a weird glitch.

If you aim at the floor and rapidly click fire, you can waste all your rings but not the actual ammo it self and you can pretty much spam this based on how many rings you have

Its nothing major but it can lag a game.

Not a good replacement.
IT'S AN INFI BOMB RING.
So while it does balance the rail (:D) why use the bomb when you have this? AN OCTOBOMB, plz nerf!

Seems as if you forgot one oversight, Prisma, for the Turbo Ring is more overpowered now!

srb20166.gif

Try getting past me now in Match/CTF/Tag...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back