Status
Not open for further replies.

Lactozilla

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
attachment.php

Inspired by Sonic 1: Omochao Edition.
The triggers are all the same.
  • collecting a Chaos Emerald (instead, collecting Special Stage Tokens)
  • Invincibility running out
  • Super Sneakers running out
  • stepping on or pushing objects on buttons
  • drowning
  • bouncing on springs
  • finishing the zone (only finishing the act)
  • and "getting in that last hit" (?????)
Be aware that it shows up for all players in multiplayer.
To make Omochao shut up, use the omochao command.

Attachments

• srb20162.png
    srb20162.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 4,818
  • omochao.zip
    317.7 KB · Views: 968
Last edited:
I have to say, it's a shame the time doesn't count up while you're paused, but it's functional enough to go through. Welcome to Releases!

<Omochao>
You got welcomed to Releases!

It also doesn't trigger on springs, so you should probably mention that.

There's a player flag for in-level cutscenes that removes player control. I'm able to jump, thok, spin, etc. while Omochao does his thing, did you forget to set it?

Grabbing a ring has the message say "grabbed an ring" erroneously.

I am saddened by how you didn't include the pitch shifting - that was the best part! SRB2 may not be able to arbitrarily pitch shift sounds, but that doesn't stop you from doing some 1up sounds as SFX and interrupting them or something to play each next one.

...actually, on second thought, that sounds like exactly the sort of thing that unexpected buggy behavior would show up. That doesn't mean don't try it, but it might be a bit of a trip getting it to work.

Omochao is large. He blocks my view forward sometimes, and could stand to be a bit smaller.

Anyways, enough doom and gloom. This is... gosh, it feels weird calling this nostalgic, but it's been a whole 6 years since Omochao edition! Time flies.

Last edited:
Omochao: "It is a game you can Pu-ray!"
I had a bit of a play with this and I made the horrible choice of playing a save with Sonic AND Tails in Deep Sea Zone Act 1.
I died from drowning during Omochao's Jingle and that was in the left tunnel straight from the start.

It's relatively easier than the Hack it was inspired by with the whole 3rd dimension, however it's still a challenge.

There are things I found that I would like to address.

After a certain amount of Pitch changes, the game will stay paused (Save for the timer outside of a signpost and act clear message) for a while after the jingle has finished. Think that can be fixed?

I also wonder if it's possible to add Omochao to the title screen flying around Sonic. Probably not though.

Huh. When playing, it seems to cap out at 10 jingles, but keeps you frozen for the length of however many jingles it should be - did something go wrong with scripting the part where the pitch starts going back down after getting as high as it goes?

Absolutely stoked that you got the pitch shifting in, by the way.

Update:

• Omochao now appears on the title screen (SRB2PlusC)
  • Jingle with correct timings (now twelve of them)
  • Fixed other inaccuracies

Last edited:
I noticed a bug where if you're Super Sonic/Have Super Sneakers, the after-images get multiplied and causes HEAVY lag
AND I MEAN, HEAVY LAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back