• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 120 FPS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided that I wanted to make a SRB2 build capped at 120 fps so I did. This is just a minor change, but it breaks netgames since the netcode can't handle a framerate this high. I also got some mirror downloads just in case the original downloads don't work.

Download Mirrors:
Download SRB2 120 FPS here.

Download SRB2 120 FPS Source Code here.

Last edited:
I thought it will be more fluent. This thing don't work in OpenGL and it's so fast.

Uhh- What the HELL have you done to the game?!? This game now runs way too fast even on my 60hz monitor and I don't wanna know how fast it is on full 120fps.

Besides: doesn't this mod belong into the Release system instead of the Editing Forum?

So, this is basically like using the speedhack included with Cheat Engine, but with a real-time timer? Yeah, not really playable OR useful, unless you're aiming for that 7-8 second GFZ1 Sonic time you've always dreamed of.

I'm such a crazy tester.

Uhh- What the HELL have you done to the game?!? This game now runs way too fast even on my 60hz monitor and I don't wanna know how fast it is on full 120fps.

Besides: doesn't this mod belong into the Release system instead of the Editing Forum?
I decided to make SRB2 run at 120 FPS, because I found 35 FPS too slow. I wonder what I must have been thinking last night to try to run SRB2 at a crazy framerate. Now, I got more crazy ideas to test for SRB2.

Viewing replays with this build can lead to some hilarious results:
ckWmBqd.gif
Tn9aI7Y.gif

And there is more

The reason why it's hard to change the frame rate of this game, is because most (if not all) of Doom's code is worked around the frame limit itself, down to the speed of objects, timers, and other features. You have to change a lot before you can get it to have the frame rate you want, and you have to add a lot of estimation, which Zandronum/Skulltag tries to do with its framerate delimiter. Zandronum/Skulltag still runs the whole game system-wise at 35 FPS, but just tries to estimate the frames in-between.

The reason why it's hard to change the frame rate of this game, is because most (if not all) of Doom's code is worked around the frame limit itself, down to the speed of objects, timers, and other features. You have to change a lot before you can get it to have the frame rate you want, and you have to add a lot of estimation, which Zandronum/Skulltag tries to do with its framerate delimiter. Zandronum/Skulltag still runs the whole game system-wise at 35 FPS, but just tries to estimate the frames in-between.

Has anyone tried to do this in the past? Change the frame rate in the engine itself instead of estimating? I'd like to see how it would turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back