[Open Assets] SRB2 Riders 2.46.5

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Items are set so the later player can get the better items and catch up. Bananas, 1 Red/Green shells and fake items are not as powerful as stars, lightning, bulletbills and goldenshroom. They give the winning players weaker items on purpose unless you are good at using those items. Are you saying 1st place players should get a golden mushroom?

Honestly, while I hate some of Mario Kart's item imbalances, their treatment of what items to give first place is correct. Giving them bananas, fake items, and green shells is honestly perfectly reasonable, as they provide a steady barrage of things to block the people attempting to pass you while being a lot more interactive than getting a massive lead with mushrooms would be. The problem with the item balance lies in last place, not first.

Another bug: In Time Attack, checkpoints are gone, allowing you to just stand over the finish line to complete it. That, and you need to clear the course in Single Player to be able to Time Attack it.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with SRB2 Riders. SRB2 itself does this as well.

True, but that's justified since its part of a single player campaign with actual unlockables and so-on. However, since this mod is mainly multiplayer maps that CAN be time attacked (as in, removing items, perhaps giving players triple shrooms or a player-based workaround to do both), and thus, have all the levels at the offset, its completely unneccesary to play them in single player if all you ant to do is record and save your best times. Yes, you only gotta do it once, but its still needless.

EDIT: After trying custom exits for a single player map (as a form of cup select and for mission mode), I have found out that custom exits do not work. Thinking it was my fault, I checked over everything, but nothing worked. Then I loaded the test wad from the wiki 9http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Custom_Exit), and it didn't work either. I dunno if it was just if I was using Kart mode, but custom exits don't seem to work regardless of what you do.

EDIT2: Kart mode or not, even just running Single Player mode doesn't seem to change the fact that custom exits simply do not work.

EDIT3: I don't think Emblems work either.

Last edited:
unledeb.png

(Placed a single starpost next to the finish line for testing purposes)

Proof that I'm working with Time Attack now. I've got most bugs fixed, but it could still be a few weeks until next release.

Also, Circuit Time Attack didn't work because the Starposts were deleted for the sake of the Time Attacked player.

I haven't bothered with custom exits, but I can take a look at it at the last minute when I'm ready to release the next version. Yes, I'm not that interested in checking what's wrong with it.

I haven't been keeping up to date or read all the massive amounts of feedback for this, so excuse me if I'm stating too much of the obvious. So wow. This is just epic CZ =). I can't believe all the work that's been put into this. Each level looks highly detailed. I still remember when you were developing this years ago and we'd be testing these things out together. The thing was that it was already amazing to begin with. Coming back after these last couple of years and finding this is quite astonishing. The time and hard work is definitely paying off. It's cool how it's still being made, but everything from the visuals, level design, to its own gameplay style and mechanics and everything all stuffed into SRB2 is actually all something I wouldn't have even imagined happening years ago. Of course this mod had promise but this really blew my mind. Incidentally I can't stop playing Flower Hill Zone by myself. Though that's probably my top favorite level out of the mod, I can't stop playing a large majority of these levels and re-running them over again. And everything runs so smoothly. Also, Mario Kart as well? Haha, I just can't get over this. Great job =D

I noticed a problem with your character creation system: if a character has all eight frames individually instead of being condensed into the x1-x2x8-x3x7-x4x6-x5 format, they break the sprite replacement limit.

Even so, it crashes and gives me an error message saying "too many sprite replacements" when I try to load my WAD up.

The sprite limit has already been removed from (all?) branches. There's no sprite limit anymore.

Not all the branches, only trunk, ALAM, MOB, RIDER and 2.1 branches have the sprite replacement limit removed.

Even so, it crashes and gives me an error message saying "too many sprite replacements" when I try to load my WAD up.

You going to have to wait for the next release of SRB2 Rider for this fix.

I still don't know how to play the Mario Kart and Sonic R maps, since whenever I try to host my own server to play them I get C-Kicked.

Well, I fixed the problem with sprites, and it no longer gives me the error message. However, it sigsevs me when I try to play as the character.

Something I noticed in Kart mode is that since some characters only have their clothes change colour, it's not easy to see when certain characters have invincibility. Since SRB2 has a startcolour and endcolour thing, do you think it's possible to make it so the entire sprite flashes when you're invincible?

Thats why we have the ability to make custom characters, so if you want to make Storm go right ahead.

At the time of writing, we did not, as I explained when I tried to make Crawla Honcho for riders to fill Storm's slot. If it's not due to too many sprites being loaded, its because some characters are literally unseeable on some computors; they're not even invisible in the sense of "they're there but not seeable", they are literally flat out not there. I'm no artist, and Storm would be a bitch to draw correctly anyway.

Last edited:
At the time of writing, we did not, as I explained when I tried to make Crawla Honcho for riders to fill Storm's slot. If it's not due to too many sprites being loaded, its because some characters are literally unseeable on some computors; they're not even invisible in the sense of "they're there but not seeable", they are literally flat out not there. I'm no artist, and Storm would be a bitch to draw correctly anyway.
Forgot that part. Will this be fixed in later versions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back