• "Buoyancy" Shield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Spike" Shield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Hog said:
it's been considered that we should ditch the Inferno Shield (moving its fire abilities to a generic "Elemental Shield")
Shadow Hog said:
Elemental shield (breathe forever, protection from slime, lava and electricity)
Quoted for relevance

This is kinda dumb if your playing coop and dumb regularly but i would like a shield that gives you a ringslinger.

I like the idea of a buoyancy shield, also an ice shield would be cool. Now for the over powered idea for the ice shield: Like the Armageddon shield(NUKE!), you explode it, and everything close enough would freeze. And if you did the buoyancy shield then we would need some kind of ripples for when you would move. Like on Sonic R for those who have played it. There is a shield so when you touch water, you just stand on top. That would be cool ^_^.

The only one that might win is the Ice Shield. Freezing your enemies sounds way cooler than the already-done Spike Shield and the Buoyancy Shield, which might get annoying if you were racing in a water level and had the shield by mistake (like Tets' mod).

Actually, late last night the topic came up again. This time we discussed the Insta-Shield Shield (needs a new name, mind, but still). Essentially, jump+spin will extend your attack radius temporarily, and during that same split-second, you can reflect any shots. Even Rail rings (but that requires superhuman reflexes or uncanny prediction abilities). Seemed to be going over well.

Bounce shield. Allows you to bounce a bit higher than normal, but not as high as the whirlwind shield. If you use this on springs, you'll also fly higher as you normally would, and the bounce shield works extremely well in water areas. You can always just thok even when in the midst of a bounce. And now, the interesting part. Bouncing of a item box/enemy makes you fly really high.

Shadow Hog said:
Actually, late last night the topic came up again. This time we discussed the Insta-Shield Shield (needs a new name, mind, but still). Essentially, jump+spin will extend your attack radius temporarily, and during that same split-second, you can reflect any shots. Even Rail rings (but that requires superhuman reflexes or uncanny prediction abilities). Seemed to be going over well.

I vote for this in game. I would love to watch a red ring go in towards me only to be deflected by my awesome reflexes. :P

I'll Begin said:
Green Sheilds protect you from the Irish KTHXBYE.

So you mean I couldn't kill you? :lol:

Anyways, put the green shield back. Every Sonic game has a basic shield.

Shadow Hog said:

That would also be cool. I'll add a poll to see what gets the most votes.

EDIT: There are only 7 votes, anyone else even plan on voting?

After reading all the topic, I noticed NOBODY remembered the old purple shield, that protected you from slime. The blue shield currently can do that, though.

I honestly DON'T want any shields removed. I like them all the way they are, even if they're useless. Shields aren't exactly useless in 1 player, they depend on level design. Blue shields are good in water levels but not in lava levels. Red shields are good in lava levels but not in water levels. White shields are good when you play as Sonic to reach some areas easier and also are good if you mistake a jump since sometimes they help you to fix it. Armageddon shields are god, really, they're rare (I think there's only one in the entire game) and can help you in a really complicated situation in hard levels (i.e. if you get rounded by a lot of enemies). Yellow shields... obviously, getting rings like crazy is cool, specially to get extra lives.

By the way, agreed - the SRB2 manual is quite outdated :/

Yeah see, I don't really want them removed, but why not just added? I said this in one of my previous posts but nobody really knew it was(Fixed >.<) there >_>. And if you replaced any, I would replace the whirlwind shield. I haven't even seen one in any SRB2 levels. The only one I've seen one in is Mystic realm.

Check Castle Eggman Zone 1. Once you reach the big door, go to the east side and search around. People always go to the west side where the underwater cave is, so they don't notice it.

Is there an iron-cast reason that one must be replaced? Couldn't you add one without deleting another?

a441 said:
Where's the "Don't mess with my shields" option?

If it ain't broke...
That's what Tets was saying the whole time in chat. Honestly, though, it's Mystic's idea (on the grounds that the Fire Shield, outside of its lava protection, is utterly useless in single-player), so take it up with him. Nothing's set in stone, mind, so...

I don't get it...why can't you just ADD shields?

I like my fire shield *Holds fire shield monitor and never lets go*

Why not just give the Fire Shield an extra effect that only really matters in single player, then? Say, automatically rolling when the player encounters a space with a height of 63-32 fracunits? It might circumvent slow crushers, such as the raising lava/rocks in Red Volcano Zone...

But then again, if you want to have another half-hour long discussion on new Thick Shields/Sturdy Shields that take two hits and disappear, be my guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back