Confirmed Player Translationtables Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how it started. I was playing on a netgame as usual, then someone joined, and someone else got c-failed and I'm pretty sure now the player that joined was AFK and was a 100% white Sonic. I'm not talking about the selectable color white. I mean white as in when you join and flash. He did not revert to the original sprite color set.

It was weird...I carried and dropped 'em and he stood in place and started his walking sprite set and started walking on his own. No one controlled him. He just started moving for a while then stopped. I pick him up, then I dropped him. Walked the same distance, and stopped. Same thing all over again.
28kqy5c.png
Video of it in action: http://youtu.be/jZJdeW1jjJs

Last edited:
Just to mention. You can't post pictures directly form your computer. Upload them to tinypic or another image host. But yeah I know what your talking about. Renaming should help the flashing sprite.

I don't know why it linked to my computer. I'll fix it...and what do you mean by renaming the flashing sprite?

When the player joined, he was Sonic, and for some reason when he got kicked the whole sprite set got stuck, as if he just joined, but it wasn't restoring the sprite set to normal and left behind the inactive 'bug' player.

Last edited:
Hey, now that I see this topic, I remember it happening to once, too.
It was a pretty long time ago, but still in 1.0.6(or whatever the current version number is).

It was on a private Server, one of my friends joined and suddenly started complaining about not being able to move, that's what we found. I don't know how, but we were able to fix it. I think he was normal, after I picked him up by flying, but I am not sure.
Well, my friend didn't get a C-Fail or something, and it happened on SF94-Serv, so it could be caused by something different for me.

It's likely that the player's translationtables are zeroed out, causing every color to map to palette index 0, which is white.

Hmmm...I pretty sure that the player got c-failed or maybe it was another player that got c-failed and this is exactly like Lars posted, except when the player joined he was AFK...I don't remember much, it was a couple days ago...

It's likely that the player's translationtables are zeroed out, causing every color to map to palette index 0, which is white.
Could it be more specifically that they're never getting filled in the first place? This is what happens right when a new player joins, but only for a short while.

what do you mean by renaming the flashing sprite?
Actuatly, the white sprite is active player that cannot move . It can only spindash very slowly. The only fix to the player having this bug is to rename if I recall correctly.

But anyhow, here is the complex explaination(already happened to me):

The player joins and gets ckicked leaving himself in a white sprite not moving. The thing is that he is still there but he didn't joined. Hard to understand, uh?

The player will still be there, just unable to move unless he/she renames, which resets the pallete to the colour the player has chosen, which the game does whenever someone changes the colour or something else in the "player settings" menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back