SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I has found a bug:

You finish the tournament with 32 points for example, then restart one with another character, and after a race, that other character gets those 32 points plus the ones he won at the race.

So in short, the game keeps the points you won no matter what.

When a bot is going off a spring and you hit them in midair (probably with invincibility) they fall and land on the ground, then continue to ride into the wall until the timer runs out.

EDIT:
lololol I haz noo ideyah fer noo moed

chocobo racez lololol

I got a dollup of glitches for the X version. xD

Crawla Cape: Attacking someone on the big jump and making them fall. Once they fall, the game freezes.
Crawla Cape: Springing onto the wall just before the finish gets you trapped in the waterfall.
Red Shell sometimes freezes the game.

Okay, not a dollup, but a few. I thought i had more. xD

EDIT: More.

Forest one with the warp: By the warp, you can jump the gap with the Uturn, going from the first springs to the last springs to the warp without touching ground.
Speed Ramps: Fly and Power characters can ride Speed ramps, and Speed and Power can jump on Fly ramps.

Because I'm creator of Crawla Cape, I'll answer these questions.

J-town said:
Crawla Cape: Attacking someone on the big jump and making them fall. Once they fall, the game freezes.
Crawla Cape: Springing onto the wall just before the finish gets you trapped in the waterfall.

Okay, the first one, I have no idea. It may be something to do with the death pit, there used to be water there.
The second one, Chaos Zero 64, did you remove that invisible FOF from the waterfall?

And because this is the 1.09.4 version, the homing ring would also crash the game sometimes so that makes the Red Shell crash a bit.

Also:

Jaksin said:
Can't you make a SRB2 Riders version for those who have SRB2ME?

That's what he's doing now, it's harder than it looks. He has to work around all teh new code to put in his.

I already used lvlconv to update all the levels, and spend hours organizing the textures. There was always something that needed to be done again, which meant having to reorganize PNAMES. I must of done it more than 5 times. Actual textures being ported to the 1.1 pallete is the easiest thing in the world, so that didn't take long.

Then there's the annoying texture crash. Somehow in ME, I have to remake some of the textures in TEXTURE2, or something similar to that. That one also took a while.

Now, I already moved to coding. I'm slowly porting piece by piece, trying to organize things while I'm at it, and only adding the stuff I really need. I can't even playtest it, because one code won't work without another code, and that one leads to another code.

So I'll probably just port Riders to ME, add the final Riders level, make the game compatible to Match (excluding bots), and add moving cars to Metal City, before I release RidersME. I'm still hoping people here will make more Mario Kart levels for me to add to the mod. Bots in ME? It all depends if the latest SRB2JTE is somewhat compatible with ME. All I need them to do is to walk straight, and to know if they're close to a sector. I don't need them to do any targetting either. But we'll see how things goes later on this week.

everytime i start it i get a message saying a wad file was not found or valid, and i pasted srb2 1.09.4 srb2.srb in the folder and it just says a wad file was not found or valid and it doesnt start, help me!

raymandude said:
everytime i start it i get a message saying a wad file was not found or valid, and i pasted srb2 1.09.4 srb2.srb in the folder and it just says a wad file was not found or valid and it doesnt start, help me!
ONE topic wold've been enough... See my answer in your other topic.

Yes CZ64 is:
[spoiler:a9af71a02b="fawfulfan read"]
Chaos Zero 64 said:
I already used lvlconv to update all the levels, and spend hours organizing the textures. There was always something that needed to be done again, which meant having to reorganize PNAMES. I must of done it more than 5 times. Actual textures being ported to the 1.1 pallete is the easiest thing in the world, so that didn't take long.

Then there's the annoying texture crash. Somehow in ME, I have to remake some of the textures in TEXTURE2, or something similar to that. That one also took a while.

Now, I already moved to coding. I'm slowly porting piece by piece, trying to organize things while I'm at it, and only adding the stuff I really need. I can't even playtest it, because one code won't work without another code, and that one leads to another code.

So I'll probably just port Riders to ME, add the final Riders level, make the game compatible to Match (excluding bots), and add moving cars to Metal City, before I release RidersME. I'm still hoping people here will make more Mario Kart levels for me to add to the mod. Bots in ME? It all depends if the latest SRB2JTE is somewhat compatible with ME. All I need them to do is to walk straight, and to know if they're close to a sector. I don't need them to do any targetting either. But we'll see how things goes later on this week.
[/spoiler:a9af71a02b]

New character select pictures, use them, leave them or improve them.
rugechar.png
shadchar.png
silvchar21.png
eggmchard.png

Obviusly, I'm not the best spriter, and I don't have Paintshop Pro on my computer. I made Shadow's glasses big because Paint messed up when I tried to make them small. As for Eggman, I thought his picture needed more excitement, and that he was wearing Mickey Mouse pants. Somehow Imageshack turned the bmp. files to png. Can somebody fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back