Digital highway

Status
Not open for further replies.

verifiaman

The master of verification.
This was supposed to be in the contest, but I dont want to wait that long.
So here it is.
srb20020.png

srb20021.png

And here is the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/w6jm06
The name of the level is digital highway, the 3rd level in srb2 that has all FOF. Oh yes, i dont know anything about Open GL But I do not suggest playing this level in that mode because I added a lot of translucent FOF color mixtures, And due to what I hear about Open GL and Translucent blocks, Open GL is probably not a good idea. Have fun dudes!!

verifiaman said:
the 3rd level in srb2 that has all FOF.
3rd? I could've sworn there was another level that had lots of FOFs in it, not just Prismatic Angel Zone 1 and Utopian Chasm Zone.

Fancy technicalities and imported music do not help make your level better. Try to make levels that play well before you start making levels that look good.

Actually, I prefer levels that aren't over deathpit. Mainly because there's not as high a chance of dying.

Reminds of that other level where I had to call that wambulance because people always complained about how its easy to die without Tails.
What was it called again?

chase said:
For some strange reason this level scares me on dash's world.

@ Bold: Another user? :D

@ everything else: How come this scares you on Dash's World? Did you use Twilight mode? I could understand if it scares you when everything's grayscale and shadows are paleish green (it looks a little creepy sometimes), but any other reason I just can't think of.

Back on topic: As for the level, this has a lot of FOFs, so I'm not sure how tis would work out in Netgames. Also, Translucent FOFs + OGL = Bad. Unfortunatly, my computer has a framerate lag on fullscreen because I use an iMac, and windowed mode is waaaaaaaaay too small for me, so It's not going to be easy for me to play this. I'll try it anyway and hope it doesn't look hideous. *downloads and gives review tommorow*

It's my time:

verifiaman said:
Ok just tell me what you think of it!!

1) Too cramped (too narrow corridors); then...

2) Too hard to develop speed (hey, Sonic is speed!), then...

3) Too hard to dodge enemies (once I don't have enough space to dodge them), also...

4) Only one path (remember, game = choices, choices make game interesting)

Once your level is too cramped, hard to develop speed and dodge enemies, and has one path, you snatched possibilities of fun away from player's hand.

But:

1) Good art concept level: tecno themed. Entire level has a theme well worked. It's hard to find someone who works well on visual art. And I said good, not "AWESOM LVL EVA!!!11".

2) Yea... I liked that soundtrack, at least to me. It helped me to play...

Recommendations:

1) Widen 3x path width;

2) Give player possibilities of dodging enemies;

3) Give player more paths to choose

4) Make player think, find better solutions and exploit the level for fun

Cya

Dude, I made it to challenge sonic players , like i did with my Nega palace wad, Get it? Besides most sonic games have only one path so what are you guys talking about?

verifiaman said:
Besides most sonic games have only one path so what are you guys talking about?
Forget the latest Sonic games and think about the older Sonic games. Did they have only one path to the end of the level? Of course they didn't.

Think about SRB2, or good mods (Mystic Realm, The Emerald Isles, etc), did they have 1 path to the end of the level? No, they did not. They had many different paths to get from the start to the finish.

verifiaman said:
Dude, I made it to challenge sonic players , like i did with my Nega palace wad, Get it? Besides most sonic games have only one path so what are you guys talking about?

I'm afraid you're wrong. Most Sonic games nowadays now have multiple choice routes. Some which are suited for different characters in the stages.

This level is fun I enjoyed playing it. ^^
More space to dodge enemies needed. There was parts that i was walking as sonic happy and then e fall and I:
WTF?
I started looking at the floor and discovered all the holes. ^^
The music its the perfect for this level too!
This level was really dificulty has Sonic but I got through it (two startlives 5 nothing important) and I think that i dont need test Tails and Knuckles cause i only test with Sonic (Shails is the name dificulty is my game)
Im going give it a 9/10 if you fix that one of the nemies (more space would be good) this will change to a 10/10! Continue with the good work!

verifiaman said:
Dude, I made it to challenge sonic players

Tell me: what are you challenging actually? What Sonic's abilities you're challenging in your level?

If you want to challenge Sonic players, you must let players use Sonic's abilities.

I don't wanna ruin anything. I just want you to think better in your level.

verifiaman said:

No.

Shails the Shadow said:
This level is fun I enjoyed playing it. ^^
More space to dodge enemies needed. There was parts that i was walking as sonic happy and then e fall and I:
WTF?
I started looking at the floor and discovered all the holes. ^^
The music its the perfect for this level too!
This level was really dificulty has Sonic but I got through it (two startlives 5 nothing important) and I think that i dont need test Tails and Knuckles cause i only test with Sonic (Shails is the name dificulty is my game)
Im going give it a 9/10 if you fix that one of the nemies (more space would be good) this will change to a 10/10! Continue with the good work!
Someone actually likes my levels!!

Well, good for him. Does that mean that you're just going to ignore what everyone else is saying about it, then?

Nope. Im gonna do what they say, and finish it! my levels arent gonna suck anymore, and its gonna be better than that abysmal piece nega palace!! that was horrible!! Am I right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back